Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Exclamation The Clone Wars: season 5

StarWars.com posted a Season Five teaser trailer. It's very short and doesn't show much of anything, but it does have Maul, Savage, and (separately) Pre Vizsla on the move. It reminds me a bit of those tone poem commercials they did for TPM back in 1999 ("Fear is my ally," "Don't look back," etc.). Not the greatest trailer ever, but hopefully these characters will all get their due next season.

Shouldn't that be a new thread for Season 5?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Aye, it should be. I guess I had just gotten so used to the overall "First look at the Clone Wars 'toon" thread that I'd completely forgotten that nobody's used that one in months.

JT, perhaps we could split this off into a new thread, even though it's not exactly been hopping in the last month?

Anyway, I had seen a crappy phone recording of the trailer from SW Weekends, but it's great to see it in HD. I'm looking forward to them hopefully using a lot of their characters more than they did this past season - Pre Vizsla, Lux Bonteri, Embo (who looks to be fighting Savage Opress as well as Anakin/Padmé/Rush Clovis at separate times), Rush Clovis, Hondo Ohnaka, Sugi, and Dengar, to name a few. It looks like Vizsla was speaking on Mandalore proper - I wonder if he will kill Satine and take over the planet?

Trailer looks amazing. Finally get to see Alderaan. Can't wait.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Besides, we already saw Alderaan in Season Three's "Assassin." Onderon is from the Tales of the Jedi series.

EDIT: I had said Fate of the Jedi, but Tycho is correct. Return, Power, Fate, Tales; there are a whole lot of "of the Jedi" stories.

Onderron was established in the Tales of the Jedi comic series, starring Ulic Qel Droma.

Old Sith history:

After brother - sister hyperspace explorers Gav and Jori Darragon charted a route into unknown space, Dark Lord Ludo Kresh, followed Jori back when she was allowed to escape the Sith Empire and return to the Republic. Then the Sith attacked.

Ludo Kresh had many Jedi turn to the Dark Side and follow him - he was half-human and very charismatic. One such Dark Jedi was Naga Sadow who used genetic experimenting on the Sith Massassi Warriors to try and breed super-soldiers. He built the pyramids on Yavin IV to channel the Dark Side. When he died, he was interred on Onderron's wild Dxxun moon where Mandalorians trained for their rite of passage missions to become true warriors.

On Onderron, another King, Omin, was born Force-sensitive and explored the Dark Side because when his people gained space flight, they visited Dxxun and became obsessed with Naga Sadow's legacy.

A new Sith legacy was being built on Onderron under King and Queen, but the Jedi Council dispatched Master Arca Jeth there with his 3 padawans - human brothers Ulic and Cay Qel Droma, and the Twilek Jedi and their best friend Tott Doneeta.

Arca was killed and Ulic sought revenge. He took it out on the Mandalorians and because he defeated Mandalore and would not kill him, Mandalore became his slave and all Mandalorians were to follow the leadership of Ulic Qel Droma.

Meanwhile, fallen Jedi Exar Kun, even more powerful, crosses Qel Droma's path and together they forge the beginnings of a new Sith Empire with the Mandalorians as wel as an army of war droids at their service, igniting the Sith War.

This is hundreds of years before KOTOR and Republic video games and comics take place. Exar was the first Sith to use a double-bladed lightsaber.

The Jedi under Nomi Sunrider, a rising knight and Ulic's former lover, led the Knights and the Republic against the Sith when the Jedi Council was slain. Besides Yavin IV, Empress Teta's Koros Major, and Coruscant herself, Onderron was the site of a major battle.

Ulic killed his own brother Cay Qel Droma on Onderron.

ALDERAAN where Princess Leia was raised, is an entirely different planet. The Ograna's home planet lies in the Core. Onderron is a Mid-Rim world.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

My sound must be bad. I watched it twice to make sure. I guess I heard what I wanted to...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-