Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I made a mistake. Naga sadow defeated ludo kresh. Freedon nad was sadows pupil buried on dxxun
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    JT, perhaps we could split this off into a new thread, even though it's not exactly been hopping in the last month?
    Done.

I've decided to wait on the trailer until I see it at comic-con since it's only a month away.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It looks like Black Sun crime organization gets attacked by Maul toward the end of the trailer. If I'm not mistaken those were Falleen gathered at the table. Could Xizor be making an appearance? That would be extremely unexpected to have ties to Shadows of the Empire.

Xizor had a problem with Darth Vader for killing his people. Maybe Maul did it, and Xizor blames all Sith.**

He did not know Vader was Anakin Skywalker, IIRC - just that Vader's mission was to bring Luke Skywalker alive to the Emperor.

Xizor set out to kill Luke Skywalker so that Vader would fail and the Emperor would eliminate him and Xizor would rise to power in the Empire.

**Xizor probably did not know that Emperor Palpatine was also Darth Sidious, and that the Empire's control was in the hands of the Sith.

IIRC, Xizor did not know that Luke Skywalker was Darth Vader's son, so his mission to possibly force Vader to kill Luke was also doomed to failure.

Vader would never kill Luke Skywalker (probably - it sure seemed like that was so in ESB and ROTJ. Vader wasn't "trying." That was his son!)

The lightsaber fights in the PT were mostly more flashy than in the OT because in the PT they really were trying to kill each other.

ANH could have been spiced up a bit if the saber fight were made today. Obi-Wan (Alec Guiness) was supposed to be about Qui-Gon's age in TPM when he fought Vader in ANH. Liam Neeson had better moves than Alec Guiness. Of course Vader was a robot by ANH (since just after ROTS) so Alec Guinees might have needed better moves if he were fighting a non-handicapped opponent.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Xizor had a problem with Darth Vader for killing his people. Maybe Maul did it, and Xizor blames all Sith.**

He did not know Vader was Anakin Skywalker, IIRC - just that Vader's mission was to bring Luke Skywalker alive to the Emperor.

Xizor set out to kill Luke Skywalker so that Vader would fail and the Emperor would eliminate him and Xizor would rise to power in the Empire.

**Xizor probably did not know that Emperor Palpatine was also Darth Sidious, and that the Empire's control was in the hands of the Sith.

IIRC, Xizor did not know that Luke Skywalker was Darth Vader's son, so his mission to possibly force Vader to kill Luke was also doomed to failure.

Vader would never kill Luke Skywalker (probably - it sure seemed like that was so in ESB and ROTJ. Vader wasn't "trying." That was his son!)

The lightsaber fights in the PT were mostly more flashy than in the OT because in the PT they really were trying to kill each other.

ANH could have been spiced up a bit if the saber fight were made today. Obi-Wan (Alec Guiness) was supposed to be about Qui-Gon's age in TPM when he fought Vader in ANH. Liam Neeson had better moves than Alec Guiness. Of course Vader was a robot by ANH (since just after ROTS) so Alec Guinees might have needed better moves if he were fighting a non-handicapped opponent.
    That w is my theory as well. Or maybe Xizor does know that Anakin is Vader, but he blames Vader because when he till was Anakin he failed to stop Maul from killing his people.

I also really like the contempt that Maul has toward Dooku. "Sith pretender"

Funny thing is, Darth Maul is the Sith pretender.

1) He could never go about in PUBLIC with Sith tattoos like Palpatine let him do himself up in. Or were they "witch tattoos?" Or did the witches wear Sith tattoos - probably the latter. To show their allegiance to the Dark Side.

a) some of the public liked Palpatine as the great, kind, nice guy, preserver of the Republic he pretended to be while putting his clone troopers everywhere for "defense" - and then occupation.

b) some of the public liked Count Dooku - the Separatist hero and leader in their fight for free trade and independence of a stagnant and corrupt Senate.

c) No one knew these two more powerful figures were Sith Lords with lightning and all these powers.

d) Maul was just an assassin with martial arts skills and rudimentary Force attacks, just like Ventress, and just like Savage Opress was supposed to be, save for that Ventress used him like a tool to strike at Dooku.

(e) the other baddies were hired hands (loyalists or mercenaries or profiteers) - Grievous, Durge, Zam, Aurra, Bane, most of the Separatists, Xizor, Jabba the Hutt, etc.)

Sidious just let Maul call himself a Darth even while he figured he might convert Dooku, and then later, Anakin.

Dooku (Darth Tyranus) was the most dangerous of them all.

Personally, I think Maul will have his but handed to him if he goes after Dooku for all of the above. Maul just looks more frightening. Dooku proved himself against Savage Opress for one - though Maul will have a better chance than his brother.

I don't know when Vader messed things up with Xizor. I always had the impression it was after he wore the armor, and Xizor did not know Vader was once Anakin Skywalker.

Xizor knew Vader was a Sith Lord though. That's why he wanted the Emperor to destroy Vader. However, I'm not sure if Xizor knew the Emperor Palpatine was also Darth Sidiuos- the Sith Master?

Xizor knew Vader was Anakin. It's in the prologue of SOTE. When he knew is up in the air though.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Funny thing is, Darth Maul is the Sith pretender.

1) He could never go about in PUBLIC with Sith tattoos like Palpatine let him do himself up in. Or were they "witch tattoos?" Or did the witches wear Sith tattoos - probably the latter. To show their allegiance to the Dark Side.
    They're not Sith tattoos in the canon anymore after what was shown in The Clone Wars. They're Nightbrother tattoos. The Nightsisters use magicks, but it's not necessarily a light side/dark side thing, or even related to the Force, and the Nightbrothers aren't showing using any similar powers (though Savage and Maul are gifted in the Force, seemingly more than the others). In Darth Plagueis, when Palpatine takes custody of Maul, Maul already has the tattoos and he's only an infant.

In the continuity of the films/series, it seems that Maul really was a Sith apprentice. He wasn't as powerful as Sidious, and Sidious only used him as a tool. Darth Plagueis complicates it by saying that Maul was never truly a Sith at all, with Plagueis being the master and Sidious the apprentice. But I doubt that they'll bring that up in the show. They say they'll show more sides of his character, like his cunning and his intelligence, which I think will do the character good.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

So if they're no longer Sith tattoos, why do the future Sith in Legacy all have them?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So if they're no longer Sith tattoos, why do the future Sith in Legacy all have them?
    The Legacy comics and those Sith started appearing in 2006. The Clone Wars Nightsister arc premiered in January 2011, which is where the tattooed Nightbrothers were introduced. That's why it's a "no longer" situation. And, of course, I take The Clone Wars as higher canon due to Lucas' involvement (and I just really dislike Legacy anyway ).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram