Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Yeah, I dislike Legacy too (actually, "dislike" is way too mild a word), but it just seems odd to me how they set up "canon," then run all over it. Many times, in fact, with this cartoon.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thank you JabbaJohnL.

I rather like Legacy, but there needs to be more than Legacy War to wrap up that series.

John and Jan need to kill a lot of the rest of those characters and resolve it.

They've move back in time to Dawn of the Jedi, so I think they could go back and do another mini-series where they lay waste to Cade Skywalker's world.

Perhaps it coincides with Hasbro plans to do more Legacy figures?

Rebelscum has it confirmed that a Vintage Style carded Cade Skywalker is coming out. Great for carded collectors.

As a fan and diorama builder, from Legacy, I want:

Emperor Roan Fel

Princess Marisiah Fel

Darth Wrylock

Morrigan Corrde / Nina Calixte (Cade's double-agent Mom)

The female Imperial pilot (Cade's half-sister)

A Yuuzhan Vong shaper from that era

Jeremiah Synn (Cade's best friend)

Cade's Twi'lek and Zabrack Jedi friends (one was his former master)

Admiral Stassi (Duro or Niemoidian)

Imperial Moff that's the highest baddie and liason to Darth Krayyt.

The smuggler that Cade worked for (the guy was the same species as Kit Fisto)

So they could go into another sequel after Legacy War and finish the story while Hasbro markets these figures. Yeah, carded Cade, Darth Krayyt, maybe Antarres Draco (Imp Knight) would all be appropriate re-issues (but I love Quinlan Vos, yet 3 different releases for him without a larger variety of EU figures got tiresome - where is Anakin Solo when we have 3 Quinlan Voses? Where is Nomi Sunrider?

How about a single-carded army-builder Yuuzhan Vong while we're at it?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

TheForce.net posted an article with tidbits from The Clone Wars panel at SDCC, with links to two awesome previews - one with Maul and Savage taking down security droids, and one with Sidious arriving on Mandalore and Obi-Wan in Death Watch armor. Holy what!!! They're showing the season premiere at CVI, so I might just blow a circuit right then and there.

The episode guide for "Revival" is up. I didn't get to see it at CVI, and I probably won't be able to see the episode until later on Saturday, but I'm damn excited. There's a supremely awesome character design in the preview slideshow with which you should already be familiar. I'm just waiting for the s***storm after the retcon for one character I know is coming after this episode.

It looks like this season will be picking up several threads started previously and focusing on characters created for the show a little more (Hondo, Satine, Death Watch, Lux, etc.), so hopefully it will feel a little more connected and "whole" than some seasons have previously.

That's very cool news, JabbaJohn.

I have especially enjoyed Hondo Ohnaka and Dutchess Satine being on the show in previous seasons, and who can forget about Death Watch?

I am enjoying these elements more than I am buying Maul should have been brought back and not KIA in TPM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Revival was awful, Maul should've stayed dead.

I liked the look (not so much the voice) of the Blue Snaggs. Storyline was pretty weak, I agree, Battle Droid.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I really enjoyed it - a lot more than last season's opening. I thought the story was quite good for what it was - the start of Maul and Savage's pillaging in the galaxy and their formation of a plan, so I wouldn't call it "weak" as there's still much more to this storyline throughout the season. The fight between Obi-Wan and the brothers was damn awesome - I wasn't expecting him to break Savage's leg and take his arm, that was brutal. It was great to see Hondo back, and I loved how he was proud of his men for being traitors.

I wonder how Adi's different death will be handled. Previously, she was killed by Grievous in the Obsession arc of the Republic comics, though since Ventress' story is now so different than in there I doubt they'll be keeping much of it. If they do, maybe they'll just say Grievous wounded her and Savage actually killed her. I'm still wondering if Stass Allie will be introduced as well. I liked the Obsession story, but I won't be sad if they get rid of it and the Master Bayts character - that was just embarrassing that they let that get to print.

The moment with Palpatine at the end was very intriguing. Does he want the Jedi to ignore Maul so that Maul can cause more unrest apart from the war, as they acknowledged was happening already? Or is it just so he can take out Maul himself, as we see him attempt to do in the trailer? The final shot was great. One thing that struck me was that one line - I believe it was about "petty crooks" or something along those lines - sounded like it was done by a different performer, perhaps whoever is taking on the role after Ian Abercrombie's death.

The episode guide notes that Grievous' attack on the Florrum pirates was "a story that has yet to be told (though lucky viewers did get to see it at Celebration VI)," which must be the Young Jedi Knights arc/pilot for a new series/whatever it was.

Battle Droid, did you not like solely based on the fact that you don't like Maul coming back, or something else?

On the visual side of things, it looks like at least Hondo and Yoda got new character models, with much more movement (and jewelry) for the former and a new hairdo for the latter. (The episode guide confirms that Palpatine and Yoda both received subtle changes and less-stylized hair along with updated facial rigging.) Obi-Wan looked like he had more facial movement, as Darth Maul is much more articulated than other characters once were. The green Nightsister mist pouring out of Savage and Maul's wounds was an interesting touch. It was both cool and odd to see different Weequay designs for the first time since the pirates were introduced in Season One. This was also the first time I was able to watch it in HD since Season Three, and it looks so much more amazing in that format.

I actually bought the Target exclusive Darth Maul Returns DVD and watched it the night before the premiere. It's not just the last four episodes of Season Four presented in order - it's an 88-minute cut that flows as an actual movie. The episode "Brothers," where Savage looks for Maul on Lotho Minor, was cut up here; the scenes of Savage at the diner and forcing the pilot to take him to Lotho Minor played before "Massacre," and the rest of "Brothers" played between "Massacre" and "Bounty." It actually flows a lot better this way, even though it removed a few scenes where characters felt a dark presence and puts them into timeline-related question (I'm completely fine without those, though I assume they'll be in the original episode on the Season Four DVD set). If you can spare $10, I suggest that anyone who's interested should check it out.

I will double-post here because I wanted to put down my impression before I considered JabbaJohn's which I will definitely do in the next go-round.

But this will be my opinion, not influenced by anything at the moment.

I liked the episode but really think they should have left Darth Maul dead all along.

In TPM, to avenge Qui-Gon (TAKE REVENGE - key point) - an enraged Obi-Wan attacks Darth Maul with fury.

In ESB, Yoda says "Much anger in him. Like his father....He is reckless." [concerning the training of Luke] and Obi-Wan's spirit replies, "So was I, if you remember." - Yeah - Obi-Wan got mad and attacked relentlessly and chopped a guy in half! (definitely killing him, or so we were once led to believe before $$$ started appearing in everyone's eyes at Lucasfilm who felt kids would buy into Darth Maul like they did 13 years ago.**)

**Officially, Darth Maul was brought back by Dark Horse Comics (and unfortunately) who started with the lower-half cyborg body. Dark Horse also saw $$$ for trying to satisfy expectations that Maul would be the ultimate new Sith Lord. So they brought him back for cash and a portion of the fan segment who wanted more Maul.

MY OPINION - (supported in James Luceno's Darth Plageuis novel) - Darth Maul was a tool.

The Master: Darth Plagueis (rich Muun who supervised banking for big pharmaceutical corps trained by a Bith Master)
    The Apprentice: Darth Sidious (wealthy Naboo, eventually becomes Emperor)

The Sith Lords began a habit of turning to Dathomir for Dark Side assassins.

Now maybe a normal Zabrak could have been an ELECTED and POPULAR public official - like an Old Republic Chancellor for example, but a freak with tattoos all over his face wasn't going to be dangerous in that way. He'd always have to stay in the shadows. Sidious LIED to him when he said he was going to be his apprentice and a Sith Lord.

But when Sidious killed Plagueis, Maul was next in line - though Sidious was already courting and grooming Tyranus (rich Count Dooku of Serreno, Jedi Master).

Darth Tyranus (Dooku) could be ELECTED and POPULAR and ultimately was, as the Separatist Council Leader. He was the single most dangerous Sith Lord, because as he tried to attack and kill his own master (Sidious) as was his duty and his hunger for power as a true Sith Lord, he could take over the galaxy with his Droid Army, the alligned worlds with warriors like the Geonosians for example, and Durge, Jango Fett, General Grievous, and his own Sith-Apprentice-Wannabe (from Dathomir) - the Night Sister Asajj Ventress. And to replace her, he got Maul's brother, Savage Opress.

Darth Maul is dellusional if he thinks he is a Sith Lord or can train Savage into being one. Sidious kept many things from him - no Force lightning that we've seen - no choke holds - etc. He's still untrained and now half-crazy.

That's kind of interesting though.

But wait a minute - WHO IS THE MAIN CHARACTER IN ALL OF THIS?

Oh yeah - It's OBI-WAN KENOBI who sought power from his own Dark Side to avenge the death of Qui-Gon.

"He is reckless" - Yoda in ESB.

"So was I, if you remember." - Obi-Wan in ESB

So in conclusion, using Darth Maul like this, even though he was on-screen in a movie, is like using Asajj Ventress' character to cheapen Obi-Wan's story.

Obi-Wan's furious attack is repelled and he's pushed into the reactor shaft and hanging there while Darth Maul rains hot sparks from his lightsaber down on Obi-Wan, who seems to have been made helpless by losing himself to his blind rage over Qui-Gon being slayed by this Sith Apprentice.

However, like a real Jedi Knight (as he was knighted immediately following this - on screen - on Naboo - by Master Yoda), Obi-Wan reaches into the Force and finds his calm center and realizes he can reach for Qui-Gon's lightsaber, having lost his own in his ill-fated attack just moments before.

Like Luke finding himself in the Force while trapped in the wampa cave in ESB, his saber just out of reach, Obi-Wan calls upon his power of telekenisis, and fully-traning as a Jedi, he hurls himself out of the reactor shaft, above Darth Maul, and slays him by bi-secting him in half!

Qui-Gon is avenged, but Darth Maul brought his own destruction upon himself because he underestimated the greatest Jedi ever shown in the SW movies - Obi-Wan Kenobi. (OK - maybe 2nd greatest with respect to Yoda).

Now if you like that interpretation of TPM, and Obi-Wan's larger role in the saga as he comes of age as a Jedi, you probably don't like it being cheapened by having all his enemies coming back as cyborgs.

The key one is Anakin Skywalker who comes back as the cyborg Darth Vader.

This begs the question when they are going to put the slain Darth Tyranus' head on a Mouse Droid with a thermal detonator and have it chase Obi-Wan across the galaxy?

With General Grievous, Obi-Wan has learned to make sure his enemy is dead.

With Anakin, he cannot bring himself to deliberately interfere with nature's course further, and that is his singular mistake - Obi-Wan's emotion leading him to leave Anakin alive on Mustafar even though Obi-Wan didn't think he'd survive.

Then you have the horror of the first time Darth Vader comes back, an ememy from the past, for a confrontation in the present, when Obi-Wan faces Vader again on the Death Star in ANH.

Now this happens to Obi-Wan every week. So I ask again: where is Dooku's head mounted on a Mouse Droid?

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Revival was awful, Maul should've stayed dead.
    Agreed on both parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I liked the look (not so much the voice) of the Blue Snaggs. Storyline was pretty weak, I agree, Battle Droid.
    I liked the voice work on Blue Snags, I just didn't like it applied to the way that character looked, it didn't quite fit. I was up in the air about it though compared to you. And I agree with you both on the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The fight between Obi-Wan and the brothers was damn awesome - I wasn't expecting him to break Savage's leg and take his arm, that was brutal.
    It wasn't his leg, it was his knee - I guess 5th time's a charm. That made no sense to me, they intentionally showed 3 or 4 previous attempts on his knees and he shook them all off, were they wearing him down? It didn't make sense to me.

It was great to see Hondo back, and I loved how he was proud of his men for being traitors.
    That was cute.

I wonder how Adi's different death will be handled. Previously, she was killed by Grievous in the Obsession arc of the Republic comics, though since Ventress' story is now so different than in there I doubt they'll be keeping much of it. If they do, maybe they'll just say Grievous wounded her and Savage actually killed her. I'm still wondering if Stass Allie will be introduced as well. I liked the Obsession story, but I won't be sad if they get rid of it and the Master Bayts character - that was just embarrassing that they let that get to print.
    Chee says CW is the official word on it.

The moment with Palpatine at the end was very intriguing. Does he want the Jedi to ignore Maul so that Maul can cause more unrest apart from the war, as they acknowledged was happening already? Or is it just so he can take out Maul himself, as we see him attempt to do in the trailer? The final shot was great. One thing that struck me was that one line - I believe it was about "petty crooks" or something along those lines - sounded like it was done by a different performer, perhaps whoever is taking on the role after Ian Abercrombie's death.
    Sounded like Ian Abercrombie to me, and he was credited. I think Palps was annoyed that someone else was moving in on the Sith action and was going to deal with it himself or via Dooku (it'd be nice to see Dooku earn his Sith keep).

On the visual side of things, it looks like at least Hondo and Yoda got new character models, with much more movement (and jewelry) for the former and a new hairdo for the latter. (The episode guide confirms that Palpatine and Yoda both received subtle changes and less-stylized hair along with updated facial rigging.) Obi-Wan looked like he had more facial movement, as Darth Maul is much more articulated than other characters once were. The green Nightsister mist pouring out of Savage and Maul's wounds was an interesting touch. It was both cool and odd to see different Weequay designs for the first time since the pirates were introduced in Season One. This was also the first time I was able to watch it in HD since Season Three, and it looks so much more amazing in that format.
    I didn't like the new look for Hondo, it looked like a flat mask, a texture now instead of craggy. I didn't notice Yoda at all in any sense.

So, I didn't like this episode much at all. Maul's behavior towards Savage and the pirates was one where he thinks he's entitled to an apprentice and to an army, and tries to get them through sheer threats and force of will - it's flat and silly. Savage goring Adi Galia was interesting, hadn't seen that before despite it seeming fairly natural, but it would have meant more if we had gotten to know her at all on the show - she's always been a rather dull Jedi in my book in the various media (at least they got her Genndy Clone Wars voice actor for this role). Obi-Wan dispatches the brothers Opress pretty handily too, so with a Jedi dying and him flipping out a little and grabbing a fallen's saber and hacking off body parts, this episode's culmination felt like a repeat of The Phantom Menace where Maul first died. Neither rung true to how Star Wars deals with limb-vs-saber action. Hondo was fun to revisit, but his pirates really didn't have much thought here and it felt like a cheap side. And why exactly does Maul's robot leg bleed green gassy goo the same way Savage's arm does? Is it due to them both being rebuilt by Nightsister powers? That could have used more explanation, it stood out not in a good way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.