Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    JabbaJohn, I didn't mean Shaak got Even's seat. I know they were both on the Council at the same time for a while.

I meant that Anakin got Even's seat.

Originally I thought Anakin was going to get Shaak's seat, as she would be the last Council member to die before Palpatine got Anakin appointed to the Jedi Council.

It WAS really arrogant of him (as just a Supreme Chancellor for as much as the Jedi knew at the time) to dictate that Anakin be installed on the Council.

EU suggested that Ki-Adi Mundi was the first Knight to be on the Council.

"A Master" is a Jedi who successfully trained another Knight from a Padawan apprentice status. So far as I understand it.

Ki-Adi was already on the Council when he became A'Sharad Hett's master. "Darth Krayyt" fans already know how that one turned out.

ElChuxter - I didn't know they found another shaved-bald black guy to play Mace in the Naboo landing scene - I guess that's the end of TPM?

Anyway - this is interesting. Who were the Jedi Council members former Masters and Apprentices:

MASTER......................CHARACTER............. ..............THEIR APPRENTICE

.................................Yoda............. ........................Dooku, in general Obi-Wan, Luke
    .................................Mace............. .........................Depa Billaba
    Dark Woman................Ki Adi Mundi...........................A'Sharad Hett (post TPM, Mundi was a Knight)
    a Wookiee Jedi............Plo Koon.................................??? (found Ahskoa but not her instructor)
    .................................SaeSee Tiin.............................???
    .................................Eeth Koth................................???
    .................................Adi Gallia................................(Siri Tachi, blonde human girl, Obi-Wan's early gf, in J-Apprt)
    ..................................Oppo Rancisis..........................???
    ..................................Even Piel.................................???
    in "One Below" cmc........Yaddle................................. .....???
    ..................................Yarael Poof................................???
    Mace Windu..................Deppa Billaba..........................XXX - Clone Wars drove her insane, no apprentice
    ..................................Agen Kolar...............................???
    ..................................Stass Alie.................................???
    ...................................Kit Fisto..................................Nadon Vebb (Mon Calamari)
    Qui-Gon Jinn..................Obi-Wan Kenobi.......................Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.............Anakin Skywalker.......................Ahsoka Tano (training probably not complete)
    ....................................Coleman Ckaj..........................???
    ...................................Shaak-Ti..................................(what about the Talz and Ithorian Jedi from the MicrSeries?)

(is Coleman CKaj the same species as Pablo Jill?)

CHARACTER...........................THEIR CLONE COMMANDER

Yoda.....................................??? (Gree or was he really Luminara's commander?)
    Mace.....................................Stone (only? or were there others?)
    Ki Adi Mundi...........................Bacara (or was Jett also under his command at Geonosis? Did Jett live?)
    Plo Koon.................................Wolfe
    SaeSee Tiin.............................?
    Eeth Koth................................?
    Adi Gallia................................?
    Oppo Rancisis..........................?
    Even Piel.................................?
    Yaddle.....................................XXX died before the Clone Wars
    Yarael Poof...............................XXX died before the Clone Wars
    Deppa Billaba..........................XXX - Clone Wars drove her insane, I don't think she had a command b4 that
    Agen Kolar...............................?
    Stass Alie................................Neo
    Kit Fisto..................................? Forgot his name. Wasn't he killed at Grievous' lair?
    Obi-Wan Kenobi.......................Alpha (ARC Trooper), Cody
    Anakin Skywalker......................Rex, Oppo, Bow (different 501st Cmdrs. Were they successive promotions?)
    Coleman Ckaj..........................?
    Shaak-Ti..................................?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Looking at Episode S5.02 "A War On Two Fronts"....

Now this was more like it for me. Didn't care for last week's season opener...more of Maul and his brother's antics. It's an idea (bringing Maul back from the dead) that ran out of steam before it started for me and I hope it wraps soon...unlikely though, since we see Maul twirl his invisible mustache and exit stage left to return again later when the writers get lazy and want to play another round of "Wouldn't it be cool if..."

But this week's entry was terrific...22 minutes of packed story that moved the saga of the CW closer to what we saw in ROTS. The Jedi are further compromised from their ideals as the war drags on, the relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan grows more strained and Ashoka continues to develop into a character that actually contributes more to the ongoing story than just plucky sidekick/cute girl power. If one pays attention here, glimmers of where her character may be headed in the overall saga are starting to show...and what a cool choice it could be for her. Like Assaj Ventress in Season 4, Ashoka is really turning out to be more that just a one-note character...and it makes her appearances interesting instead of irritating.

I'm also impressed with the jump in production quality this episode represented, Visually, the environments and backgrounds are more detailed and lush then ever, and while there was a lot of previously used assets with the flora and animal life on this planet (lots of Naboo-related beasts, from Fambaas to Falumpasets), it was integrated in a way that really upped the production...really beautiful to look at.

The character animation is just getting better too....the characters are "acting" as much with subtle expressions and movements as they do through dialog, from Anakin's Vader-like body language, to the meaningful glances between characters, it's come a long way from the static, limited expressions they featured in the past, Heck, one could argue these animated characters are exhibiting more emotion and movement than their live-action counterparts did in the movies, in some instances.

I've always liked the more character-driven, saga/story heavy episodes of this show....always up for some good whiz-bang, but when "The Clone Wars" hits both of those marks, it can be pretty good viewing, and this episode hit those marks for me...

I have to agree with jedibear on all counts. I also loved where Ahsoka may be heading(all that eye contact with Lux, etc), the creature design & espec. Rex's commando gear. Did anyone not pick up the audio homage to the ESB Imp. probe droid?
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

I got the probot sounds pretty quickly. Anyone find the irony in MaybeVaderSometimeLater supporting rebels? At one point, I thought I saw gear that was similar to the Rebel Fleet Troopers, but couldn't find it upon rewind.

This to me seemed more realistic of what the CW era would've been like: small worlds and skirmishes mainly, with occasional big battles. The episode was pretty good.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

It's good to see the continuation of the Ahsoka/Lux story - and Lux looks more like an unkempt soldier this time than he previously did. It's interesting to see Ahsoka more acting her age for once. The war has really matured her as a character and she's a far cry from the annoying little girl she once was, so this is really a reminder that she's still a teenage girl.

Obi-Wan's initial reaction to the idea of rebels - calling them terrorists - is interesting given how he'll play such an important part of the Alliance later on. And the fact that this was Anakin's idea is very cool. Even though this episode mainly served to set up the rest of the arc, I like how it has an actual impact on the overall story of the films.

From a technical standpoint, I'm glad that they finally have actual Jedi robes and not just the sleeveless cloaks they've had until now. It might seem like a small thing, but it's nice to connect it to the movies that much more.

Going back to the Jedi Council talk, this image shows the Jedi Council as of this episode. So we have:

*Plo Koon
    *Yoda
    *Mace Windu
    *Ki-Adi-Mundi (hologram)
    *Obi-Wan Kenobi
    *Saesee Tiin
    *Shaak Ti (hologram, as she is presumably training clones on Kamino)
    *Kit Fisto
    *Adi Gallia
    *Eeth Koth

This leaves two empty chairs. This episode was produced and meant to air earlier than Revival until that episode was pushed up to be the season opener, so Adi Gallia is still alive here. You can see that it was earlier since Yoda still features his spiky hair. The episode guide says that its relation to Revival is in question and that perhaps Adi is now Stass Allie, but I assume they'll just put it earlier.

Were two empty chairs shown? YUP!

So Coleman Kcaj (he's Pablo Jill's species, right?) and Anakin Skywalker will take the final two seats by Episode 3, right?

In ROTS, Anakin doens't know what he's talking about, because Ki Adi Mundi was also on the Council and not "made" a Jedi Master. He had to earn it by training a padawan - A'Sharad Hett presumably.

Anyway, I loved the episode solidifying some of my favorite Star Wars Expanded Universe: Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic (the original KOTOR was published under the TOTJ title, in which the Freedon Nadd, Dark Lords, and Sith War, plus Redemption titles fell) and Ulic Qel Droma, Nomi Sunrider, and Exar Kun's tales took place originating from events begun on this planet (Onderaan with it's beast riders). The Dxun Moon, in orbit of Onderaan, was the last resting place of the Dark Lord Freedon Nadd (apprentice to Sith Lord Naga Sadow - interned in the later-to-be Rebel Base / Jedi Academy on Yavin IV).

If mention of Freedon Nadd or King Omin (Sith) or Ulic Qel Droma and his Master Arca or more is discussed in the CW, it would be awesome.

Rex is Mandalorian trained and Lux has bad blood with Death Watch - and it was through Ulic Qel Droma (Sith Apprentice) that Mandalore - the forebear of the Mandalorian Warrior culture, became conquered and allied to and by the Sith.

Also, Warb Null, a Sith accolyte, wannabe apprentice of King Omin's (I believe) - who was the King of Iziz (the walled captial city that naturally allied itself to the current Sith Apprentice, Darth Tyranus (Dooku), was one of the earliest Sith turned into a war droid / cyborg like Anakin Skywalker will become as Darth Vader.

All very interesting.

The Onderaan story arc could be huge in terms of its coolness for me.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Were two empty chairs shown? YUP!

So Coleman Kcaj (he's Pablo Jill's species, right?) and Anakin Skywalker will take the final two seats by Episode 3, right?

In ROTS, Anakin doens't know what he's talking about, because Ki Adi Mundi was also on the Council and not "made" a Jedi Master. He had to earn it by training a padawan - A'Sharad Hett presumably.
    Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia must leave the Council so that Agen Kolar and Stass Allie will take their places. And yes, Coleman Kcaj and Anakin will take the seats eventually, but it's unknown if they will be occupied by other Jedi in the meantime. (The fact that they're still vacant in the show likely means that it won't happen anytime soon, but this is by far the most Jedi we've seen on the Council at once on this show, so who knows.)

Ki-Adi-Mundi joining the Council as a Knight was put in place by TPM-era EU and reference books and ignored by Lucas when he made ROTS and the fact that nobody has ever been put on the Council without being made a Master. It was later retconned so that Ki-Adi-Mundi was still a Knight when he joined the Council, but in the process of becoming a Master. But in Lucas' mind, the Jedi on the Council were always supposed to be Masters.

I can guarantee that this arc won't touch on a single one of the Onderon story points you mentioned, Tycho - so don't get your hopes up for that - but it's cool that there's a lot of history there.

JabbaJohn, you've become quite a great base for SW knowledge like I once was making my huge effort to be.

It's good to see and I enjoy conversing with you.

As I used to be quite the info source for EU material, might I recommend the 5 Ulic Qel Droma Dark Horse Comics series to you if you have not ever read them:

Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic (this has nothing to do with Raven, Maleck, or Bastilla) but Ulic, Exar Kun, Nomi Sunrider, Mandalore and the first allegiance of the Mandalorian old guard - whom the Death Watch want to honor - with the Sith (and I think why the wildly independent Death Watch would even be dealing with the Separatists - because of Darth Tyranus and ONLY because).

The Freedon Nadd Uprising - the fall-out of the war being brought to Onderan (I assume you know how to spell it).

Dark Lords of the Sith (when Ulic has totally fallen and becomes Exar Kun's apprentice - there are rival Siths - the Krath faction in the Empress Teta System - and when the Mandalorians actually submit to Sith control)

The Sith War - the galaxy-wide confrontation

Redemption - 10 years later when Nomi Sunrider, a survivor, begins to coordinate the establishment of the Jedi High Council and moves it from roving locations like Exis Station to Coruscant where it has remained until Luke has to move it because of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and the fall of Coruscant 27 years after ANH.

My big issue with Saturday's episode is that there really doesn't seem like a lot of focus on their rebellion, it's just a handful of people as the chief focus and I kept wondering why the Jedi would give a crap one way or the other about this little band. Other than that and the large disparity between the A and B stories (Ahsoka & Lux does not fit well with the Jedi training the Onderonian rebels IMO, they don't share weight), it was an ok episode and something LIKE this - our heroes going low-key and guerrilla and training rebels and preparing to fight a war from the outside and inside - could make a good longer story arc so it had promise.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

With the little romance / jealousy subplots going, it felt a little like the first X-men movie, as well.