Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JabbaJohn, you've become quite a great base for SW knowledge like I once was making my huge effort to be.

It's good to see and I enjoy conversing with you.
    Thanks. I do want to get a little deeper into the EU, so I might check into those stories a bit further. First order of business will have to be Shadows of the Empire, and then I want to get the Crimson Empire trilogy anthology, and then I'll likely jump around and hit some of the high points.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    My big issue with Saturday's episode is that there really doesn't seem like a lot of focus on their rebellion, it's just a handful of people as the chief focus and I kept wondering why the Jedi would give a crap one way or the other about this little band. Other than that and the large disparity between the A and B stories (Ahsoka & Lux does not fit well with the Jedi training the Onderonian rebels IMO, they don't share weight), it was an ok episode and something LIKE this - our heroes going low-key and guerrilla and training rebels and preparing to fight a war from the outside and inside - could make a good longer story arc so it had promise.
    As the fortune cookie for "Revival" said, "Strength in character can defeat strength in numbers." Steela and Saw seem like promising candidates to start a rebellion, even if their numbers aren't many. It might be a good Jedi strategy to start this new insurgent-training program on a smaller group anyway to avoid attention and potentially go further based on its success or failure - it's more of an initial test than a full-on dedication, it seems.

I'm interested in how this one will play out in terms of both that and the Ahsoka/Lux situation - based on clips shown at CVI, they get a lot deeper into Anakin and Padmé's relationship and its related troubles this season (including how much Obi-Wan actually knows, and a return from Rush Clovis), so having the two storylines and seeing how they impact each other could make for some good character exploration.

I think Obi-Wan knew early on about Anakin and Padme - but he tries to train Anakin to make the right choices since that scene in the gunship in AOTC when Padme falls out and Obi-Wan orders the pursuit of Count Dooku.

JabbaJohn, this is the best site I've ever seen with all the SW EU in chronological order, including the CW episodes, the movies, the RPGs, video games, and of course all the comics and books (YA, kids books, too).

http://www.timelineuniverse.net/History.htm

Ask others including myself what the high points are. There's a lot of low points of course, usually focused on by the haters. A reason for their position is often picking up the wrong thing to read first.

Dark Horse's "Tales of the Jedi" from Golden Age of the Sith (Naga Sadow (half-human, half-Sith) vs Ludo Kresh (full Sith) for the title of Dark Lord (after the master Marka Ragnos) dies lays the groundwork for the rise of Exar Kun and Ulic Qel Droma and the enslavement of the Mandalorians to the Sith in Tales of the Jedi (the original KOTOR, Freedon Nadd Uprising, Dark Lords, and Sith War, Redemption stories - in that order).

I think this is one of my favorite Star Wars epics because it feels like a full-tightly woven and complete storyline.

Exar Kun dies and Ulic is redeemed in a great tale. Hasbro made 3 figures (Mandalore, Ulic, and Exar - and ought to make Nomi Sunrider to say nothing of the characters from Onderan and more of the Sith, Krath, Jedi, Republic forces, and Mandalorians, plus their awesome ships like the Nebulon Ranger and Starstorm-One)

Legacy wasn't even this good because I'm not sure I understand what happened to Cade Skywalker and Darth Krayyt and though I am friends with the creators, I think they made Legacy to carry it on forever, so they'd have jobs.

Kevin J. Anderson did TOTJ and he wrapped it up so he could go on and do other things.

Ulic's story arc is one of the greatest in Star Wars history! (I'd like an additional figure of Ulic as a Sith Lord too, btw).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Pick up the SW Reader's Companion book that just came out. It has quite a comprehensive breakdown of seemingly every EU storyline. I've only glanced through my copy; no time for read, Dr. Jones.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    As the fortune cookie for "Revival" said, "Strength in character can defeat strength in numbers." Steela and Saw seem like promising candidates to start a rebellion, even if their numbers aren't many. It might be a good Jedi strategy to start this new insurgent-training program on a smaller group anyway to avoid attention and potentially go further based on its success or failure - it's more of an initial test than a full-on dedication, it seems.
    I didn't see much strength in character in that group though, there were no Lukes or Leias in there, no Han, not even General Dodonnas. Maybe we'll see more in a few hours, but still, it's asking a lot. It wasn't just Luke & Leia & Han that defeated the Empire either, they hung out with a lot of folks at the end of ANH.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I didn't see much strength in character in that group though, there were no Lukes or Leias in there, no Han, not even General Dodonnas. Maybe we'll see more in a few hours, but still, it's asking a lot. It wasn't just Luke & Leia & Han that defeated the Empire either, they hung out with a lot of folks at the end of ANH.
    Yeah, but that was when the Rebel Alliance had almost two decades to grow, and it's right after their "first victory against the evil Galactic Empire," and by that time it was a galaxy-wide rebellion against a galaxy-wide oppressor, not just a conflict on one planet. That was the Rebellion at its full power, or close to it, and this is the Rebellion at its very earliest stages.

Or maybe they didn't have the budget to animate a lot of rebel soldiers, I don't know.

Can't wait to see more of the new droid general in next weeks episode, he looks cool.

I hope Hasbro makes a figure of him, even if it's realistic style.

The new droid general character looked like a repaint of a tactical droid like TX-20 with a few new parts.

Maybe I need a better look. But they really aren't supposed to out-do General Grievous in that area. He is the premier movie droid general that's supposed to be the $#&!

I also don't think they're supposed to make another Han, Luke, and Leia to be original - but I think they did.

The one dude that Lux has been jealous of is the rebel girl's brother. They just learned that.

This leaves the girl available for Lux to hook up with, and they're both human, leaving Ahsoka jealous. I like how Anakin told her he understands perfectly, without her even having said anything. He was able to pick up on that.

Interestingly enough, I read somewhere, or here on our boards I think, that Obi-Wan knows about Anakin and Padme (maybe not if they are officially married) but he knows Anakin doesn't spend the nights in his room at the Jedi Temple.

Now I have a taste for stories that are mind-fjks for their audience.

This Onderan resistance is fighting the Separatists. But if I were really crafting the stories, I'd have Palpatine personally maneuver to guide them (or really use Anakin to do it) so that the future-Empire builds its own resistance to continue perpetuating the war so they'll have an excuse to keep raising taxes and stationing trooops everywhere (like how they took over Muunlist in the CW and moved Sandtroopers into Mos Eisley in ANH).

I think it's brilliant the way Palpatine could do this, to use science fiction as the tool it can be to write about scary conspiracies, such as how al-Qaeda might actually be ran by the CIA so that terror strikes like 9-11 can be used to station troops and nation-build where there can be access to crude oil to keep the US economy going and make profits for campaign contributing civilian and military contractors, not to mention grow the military to control the world (or do we need US troops in 60 foreign countries?)

Let's not open a Rancor Pit discussion here. I'm just pointing out where some writers get brilliant and less predictable (for being less conventional) plot ideas and a master-conspirator like Palpatine is setting all this up (and with Dooku it could go either way since a Sith apprentice is supposed to kill a master showing any sign of weakness - thus with his popularity as the Jefferson Davis of the galaxy, his droids and General Lee (Grievous) could take over too (while I reinforce the idea that Dooku was the most dangerous Sith apprentice featured in the movies - except for Palpatine of course as we've now learned he was still Plageuis' apprentice during much of TPM).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

The new droid general is actually a Super Tactical Droid, and his name is Kalani. Since he has a name he must be somewhat important. Maybe Grievous went on vacation and left him in charge of the droid army.

That's right. Kalami.

His droid brother is an IG model since '88 has that elongated head. He will be named Solami!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    This Onderan resistance is fighting the Separatists. But if I were really crafting the stories, I'd have Palpatine personally maneuver to guide them (or really use Anakin to do it) so that the future-Empire builds its own resistance to continue perpetuating the war so they'll have an excuse to keep raising taxes and stationing trooops everywhere (like how they took over Muunlist in the CW and moved Sandtroopers into Mos Eisley in ANH).
    Isn't that basically one of the plot points in 1984, where the government is perpetually fighting a war for the sole purpose of creating fear amongst their own population in order to ensure they remain obedient? Not saying it's a bad idea, just saying it seems really familiar. Also, the whole idea of Anakin creating insurgent groups that become the basis for the Rebel Alliance also seems like it's been done. Wasn't that supposed to be the big twist in The Force Unleashed, where Vader orders Starkiller to go undercover and infiltrate the fledgling Alliance to smoke out its leaders and then Starkiller goes rogue and essentially becomes a founding member of the Rebellion?
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.