"Front Runners" was pretty good, but something about it didn't click for me. I really liked how the city square was much more populated and visually interesting than these types of things once were on this show, and the fact that the rebels used their training from the last episode instead of just sort of ignoring those aspects (as sometimes has happened). I'll have to judge it as part of the four-episode whole, since in and of itself it wasn't too amazing. I am still interested in seeing how this arc plays out, so I guess it set up the next two relatively well.

I'm not really sure why they played up the significance of Steela's "He's my brother" line. Apart from the ROTJ connection, uh, didn't we already know they were siblings? Was it supposed to show Ahsoka that Steela liked Lux, not Saw? It struck me as a bizarre way to end the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5
Also, the whole idea of Anakin creating insurgent groups that become the basis for the Rebel Alliance also seems like it's been done. Wasn't that supposed to be the big twist in The Force Unleashed, where Vader orders Starkiller to go undercover and infiltrate the fledgling Alliance to smoke out its leaders and then Starkiller goes rogue and essentially becomes a founding member of the Rebellion?
Vader basically has Starkiller round up the Empire's most vocal dissidents and group them together to form the political side of the Rebel Alliance. As I recall - and I haven't played the game since it came out four years ago - Starkiller dies protecting them on the Death Star, and they use his family crest as the Rebel Alliance symbol (though a Jedi with a family crest always struck me as somewhat odd). The little red symbol on some of the Rebels' armor looks a bit like the symbol, so maybe they'll retcon that part. Aside from that, I don't see why this can't be seen as the start of the military side of the alliance, and TFU can be seen as the start of the political side.