Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    You know, there is not another astromech as capable as R2 by a longshot - not even Corran's Whistler.

Why even bother having a squad? R2 can almost handle the mission by himself.

He helped Obi-Wan and Anakin on the Invisible Hand in E3.

He just could not have defeated Dooku. After the escapade when Grievous captured him, I think R2 could beat Grievous in a rematch. Just in the movie, Obi-Wan got to Grievous first.

But I'm glad to see an episode focusing on Artoo. We haven't had one for a while, but he's always there, contributing to every mission.

Personally, the Separatists lose and the Republic is lucky that Artoo never joined the Droid Army.

Remember when Artoo reprogrammed the Battle Droids so they could take the Citadel and rescue Tarkin? That's what I'm talking about.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, Artoo couldn't even be bothered to pilot the Jedi lightsaber ship properly, couldn't be bothered to look out for pirates, and it eventually cost the Jedi a ship nearly as old as the Republic itself - that really bothered me. R2 should be fallible, he shows mistakes in the OT, but holy crap he shouldn't wipe out a precious relic either. Of course, nobody should have expected the ship to run with NO CREW either though.

This week's Clone Wars did nothing for me, it wasn't a character-driven episode, things merely "happened" to get the kiddies off Florrum. There was no wizardly Jedi creativity, none of the kids' characters did anything to help or hamper the story, even Katooni's saber assembly was merely going through the motions, there was no more time for struggle or storytelling it seemed. Huyang played only the C-3PO role, no longer clever and wise and mysterious until one comment at the end about Yoda. Grievous is merely the Deus ex Machina that sets the plot in motion, there's no reason for him being there at that time, and it doesn't even jive with last week's episode where during these events he was engaging and then running from Obi-Wan's flagship.

As for Hondo, they overplayed him here switching sides to be arbitrary - perhaps this was meant to feel like Cap'n Jack Sparrow's unpredictability but the writing lacks the nuance required to sell that.

Ahsoka vs. Grievous pt 2 was way too easy for Ahsoka to hold her own, but that's a failing of EVERY saberwielder on this show the last few seasons where it's a sliding scale of ability based on the script's needs. At first it seemed like Grievous was limited to only 2 lightsabers which could have justified the balance shift - they showed him pulling 2 sabers off his waist, but then they cut away and he's got 4 and it's ridiculous.

I didn't hate this episode, but it didn't really work as a story, and it wasn't very well-thought-out or polished, so it was just "a thing that happened".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, it was droids R us in this week's. I found it pretty silly, but not awful. Who knew how easy it was to infiltrate a Separatist ship? It had a strong video game plot aspect to it to me. Definitely for the kiddos, especially with the dialogue.
    "That's what Sheev said."

"Secret Weapons" was alright - better than last year's crop of droid-focused episodes, but a little heavy on the goofiness. There didn't necessarily seem to be a need for so many droids to take the journey - we saw in the last arc that astromech droids are capable of flying cruisers themselves, and it seems they could have put all the upgrades within a single droid. I am looking forward to the so-called "experimental" episode and the Republic Commando action in the rest of the arc, at least.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I'm just not enjoying this story arc with the little guy and the droids.

It actually feels "Disney" to me and I don't mean that necessarily as a compliment - but more like this is "It's a Small World" compared to Space Mountain.

I'll do well when these droids episodes are over with. And no they are not better than last season's droid episodes where R2 and 3PO tangled with Cad Bane. That was cool.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I'm just not enjoying this story arc with the little guy and the droids.

It actually feels "Disney" to me and I don't mean that necessarily as a compliment - but more like this is "It's a Small World" compared to Space Mountain.

I'll do well when these droids episodes are over with. And no they are not better than last season's droid episodes where R2 and 3PO tangled with Cad Bane. That was cool.
    "Evil Plans," where the droids are captured by Cad Bane while trying to shop for Padmé's party, was in Season Three. I'm talking about Season Four's fairy tale "Mercy Mission" and weird journey "Nomad Droids."

Oh, and it looks like these episodes STILL take place before "Revenge," since I saw Adi Gallia in hologram form at the beginning of the episode. Commander Neyo owns WAC-47, the pit droid, and Adi was seen with his clones in "Mercy Mission" last year, so maybe Adi left her clones and Jedi Council seat to Stass Allie in her will.

Secret Weapons felt like the story didn't really work or even get started until well underway into the mission, 2/3rds into the runtime of the episode itself, when the droids got to do something and express themselves and make noises, when it wasn't just Colonel Ridiculousness and WAC the pit droid pilot yammering at each other.

This episode didn't work for me too well, the first 2/3rds were way too much of these 2 new characters who both were out of place for the show, plus the creepy mech-doctor bit that was way out of place although worked on a cartoony level, but the last third worked very well once we got that out of the way. I kept wondering why they brought a pit droid (one that could talk, no less) to pilot when we've had tons of episodes with R2-D2 piloting ships, couldn't they have thought of a different reason to bring WAC along? The adding of upgraded powers was interesting, but I think only QT's was impressive - the laser that is too much to control was a stretch, and Artoo's extra booster power seemed no different from his regular booster power in Episodes 2 and 3. I did love Artoo finally putting his arms up though, as so many toy-owners have done in the past.

Col. "I'm never going to learn this little turd's awful name" was a really odd statement on his own too, something very cartoony and very out of place for Clone Wars, very kid-oriented, tiny even compared to Yoda, bouncing around, bossing around, and chasing glory while giving orders through no firsthand knowledge of action whatsoever. What are viewers supposed to take away from this? The mission isn't expected to succeed so they give it to the misfit noisemaker? Even the astromechs derisively laugh at the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Well, it was droids R us in this week's. I found it pretty silly, but not awful. Who knew how easy it was to infiltrate a Separatist ship? It had a strong video game plot aspect to it to me. Definitely for the kiddos, especially with the dialogue.
    Look how easy it was to hide the Death Star plans on Tatooine. Nobody expects the droids.

If this were a video game, it'd have been a ripoff, almost nothing happened, it was like 18 minutes of opening cut-scenes and 3 minutes of interesting, followed by another minute of cut scenes. This was like the first, and most disappointing, LEVEL of a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    "Secret Weapons" was alright - better than last year's crop of droid-focused episodes, but a little heavy on the goofiness. There didn't necessarily seem to be a need for so many droids to take the journey - we saw in the last arc that astromech droids are capable of flying cruisers themselves, and it seems they could have put all the upgrades within a single droid. I am looking forward to the so-called "experimental" episode and the Republic Commando action in the rest of the arc, at least.
    Wow, for you to give it an "alright" means it must have been dogcrap on a paddle, usually you're the biggest cheerleader of this show.

You are right that technically didn't need to be more than 1 droid, 2 if you count the need for Col. Hoppity to be there inside the head of a droid only to chase glory. But for that, every gimmick could have been put in a single droid, and we just had R2-D2 piloting the Jedi Saberbuilding ship, we've seen him fly and cut things many a time, be brave too, so really there is a significant question of why they needed them. That said, they needed them because otherwise it wouldn't have been an episode of TV, it wouldn't have been a compelling story, and we wouldn't have gotten to know other droids.

Oh, and it looks like these episodes STILL take place before "Revenge," since I saw Adi Gallia in hologram form at the beginning of the episode. Commander Neyo owns WAC-47, the pit droid, and Adi was seen with his clones in "Mercy Mission" last year, so maybe Adi left her clones and Jedi Council seat to Stass Allie in her will.
    Ugh, no more chronology-jumping! WHYYYYY?!?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Wow, for you to give it an "alright" means it must have been dogcrap on a paddle, usually you're the biggest cheerleader of this show.

Ugh, no more chronology-jumping! WHYYYYY?!?
    And for you to only say it "didn't work" for you must mean it must have been the pinnacle of Western civilization.

At least with the other Season Five episodes that take place before "Revenge," they were produced before that episode and aired after, so it makes some amount of sense. "Secret Weapons" was produced a few episodes after "Revenge," and is the first episode we've seen to be actually produced for Season Five (I'm still not sure why they produce 26 episodes per season, which results in a lot of shifting - maybe CN only wants 22). Maybe it takes place concurrently with or after "Revival" and the intro was just a flashback to before Adi died, or maybe they're going the cheap route and reusing her model for Stass Allie (which seems unlikely). Too bad the syndicated episodes are already cycling, as I was really enjoying finally getting the official chronology on the official site's blog alongside their airings.

And for you to only say it "didn't work" for you must mean it must have been the pinnacle of Western civilization.
    Ha! Not by a longshot. The first 2/3rds ranged from off-note bad to really unbearable, and the last third was kinda fun if far too truncated. But I didn't feel like piling too much on an episode that I knew nobody was going to be going gaga over anyway.

At least with the other Season Five episodes that take place before "Revenge," they were produced before that episode and aired after, so it makes some amount of sense. "Secret Weapons" was produced a few episodes after "Revenge," and is the first episode we've seen to be actually produced for Season Five (I'm still not sure why they produce 26 episodes per season, which results in a lot of shifting - maybe CN only wants 22). Maybe it takes place concurrently with or after "Revival" and the intro was just a flashback to before Adi died, or maybe they're going the cheap route and reusing her model for Stass Allie (which seems unlikely). Too bad the syndicated episodes are already cycling, as I was really enjoying finally getting the official chronology on the official site's blog alongside their airings.
    I'm glad I don't care about the episode chronology more or that would be very frustrating and angering.