Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    So, we're just going to overlook the fact that when the previous episode ended, it was on a colorless, empty ghost town-type environment and when this ep starts it's basically Mos Eisley Spaceport in white and with Battle Droids playing the role of Sandtroopers? That drove me NUTS. This was an interesting episode, it just had next to nothing to do with the last two.

While we've done the "lost clone" bit on the show before (although not via amnesia), I liked this one and would have preferred a longer storyline focusing on that aspect instead of just jumping from idea to idea with contrived plot devices pushing it through. Dee Bradley Baker did a great job here, thanks for focusing on that, even during the episode I was checking his IMDB to see what weightier works he's done since this shows he clearly has the chops for it (the answer, surprisingly, seems to be none more nuanced than this, that deserves to change). Gregor was interesting to follow, and his armor ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING for once, that was nice to see, armor that doesn't immediately kill the guy inside the moment an enemy glances it (or at it).

Gascon's side of things really didn't work any better for me than before though, he blusters into a diner which gets a starving man kicked out and eating garbage (with HUGE teethmarks from him, he must unhinge his whole jaw) and then his big strategy involves stomping into the enemy stronghold which gets a guy killed, chiefly because said guy didn't have any grenades - since they obviously would have done the job and he has ALL HIS OTHER EQUIPMENT. And then the weird ending where he's delivering a message one moment about a soldier's job to sacrifice (not a very complete message to give the kiddies either) and then the next moment looking for Gregor's return was all a mess. Oh, and lest I forget again, Gascon sends the astromech - keepers of all the weapons and the big prize for the mission - out on PATROL alone with no backup! This guy officially sucks at life, to borrow a term from the internet.

The droids barely got to do anything again this episode, for a droid-centric storyline the droids sure don't get much screentime or action, it's frustrating. Nobody wanted to watch Col. Gascon, that's why we've never seen him before and he doesn't have his own show. Yet it's all Gascon and WAC yet again. WAC did get a funny line with the "Go on, save yourselves!" "Ok!" moment.

Anyway, C for effort, not a terrible episode but way too compressed storyline and a shift in locale from the previous episode, yet still a step up from previous.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    In the video commentary, Filoni said that Gregor will probably be back, and I thought his character and backstory were interesting so that should be good.
    If they wanted him back, WHY THE **** DID THEY BOTHER TO KILL HIM IN THE FIRST ****ING PLACE?!? I hate when they do stuff like this, don't shoehorn in that "look for his return" crap, just have him survive the episode, or at least leave it more vague than a GIIIIIIANT explosion that he couldn't possibly survive yet he's gonna.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Amazing how effective a single old blaster in the hand of ONE commando can be against many battle and destroyer droids.
    His character is derived from a first-person shooter video game, so it makes sense (and it wasn't effective against Droidekas, the equally cheesy exploding barrel gimmick was). But then again, game mechanics would have dictated reloading, and he sure didn't. And all that said, the idea was stretched too thin, he was too good at his job.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    His character is derived from a first-person shooter video game, so it makes sense (and it wasn't effective against Droidekas, the equally cheesy exploding barrel gimmick was). But then again, game mechanics would have dictated reloading, and he sure didn't. And all that said, the idea was stretched too thin, he was too good at his job.
    Especially considering he just remembered his job less than five minutes ago.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Greggor's amnesia lends perfectly to my theory that Han Solo could be a clone (from a new template based on the DNA of Han's father).

Oh I could tell this story and make it mesh perfectly with my HOLY Expanded Universe.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

New episode titles,

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...1087361&t=Star Wars: The Clone Wars&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on

S05, E20
    The Wrong Jedi
    3/01/2013

S05, E19
    To Catch a Jedi
    2/22/2013

S05, E18
    The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
    2/15/2013

S05, E17
    Sabotage
    2/08/2013

Hmm, I like the Hitchcock-inspired titles. But now this doesn't leave any room for "An Old Friend," "The Rise of Clovis," and "Crisis of the Heart" anymore, all of which were supposed to air this past Fall. Maybe we'll get an extended season? More likely they'll just be shuffled to next season. This seems to happen somewhat regularly, but not with episodes that have been announced and had clips shown at conventions and in trailers. Not that banking regulation is the most exciting topic, but I was looking forward to seeing them explore Anakin and Padmé's relationship more.

"Point of No Return" concludes the D-squad episodes this Saturday, then the next three (or four?) feature Darth Maul and Death Watch. I'm not sure if "Sabotage" is part of the Darth Maul story or what. I also wonder if these new episodes are the arc where Ahsoka gets lost in the Coruscant underworld.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Especially considering he just remembered his job less than five minutes ago.
    Gregor's amnesia seemed too quick, first he's passionate that he's not a clone, then when forced with reality he slips into belief almost instantly, so I wonder if he had amnesia when he first got found and then it wore off and he just chose to accept his new life. There are deeper questions at play because he popped right back to being a quality trooper that wouldn't have been there had he taken longer to come around.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe our thread of Orders 1-65 needs to be ret-conned, and Gregor had an implanted urge somehow.

The literature teacher in me wanted him to wake from uneasy dreams to find he'd been turned into a giant insect. :kafka:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I like bel-cam jos' post.

Can we have a "Like" button here?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So I guess there's a new episode on tomorrow, but Lucasfilm didn't send any press release or materials which is rare.

"Order 23: when convenient, become incompetent or lose your memory, whatever best fits the storyline"

I don't think my DVR records SW on Fr or Sat. I think it records new episodes on Sunday. But I'm so busy I don't know what day of the week it is anyway.