Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

I can't believe they were able to find any pieces or Artoo at all considering he was so close to the detonator, yet they found him in one piece minus a leg...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh, and after all the hype, after all the hope, all the promise, to have Black Sun be so boring was disappointing. They looked vaguely like Xizor, and they surely adopted his style of dress (in Star Wars movies, every planet is the same environment everywhere; in Clone Wars, every species' outfit is the same on everyone), but they didn't behave like him, they weren't Machiavellian, there was not a valuable payoff.
    I found this very disappointing as well. The Black Sun talked like they were tough, but I saw nothing to believe it. They were nothing like I thought they would be, but if I remember correctly, wasn't the Black Sun a tough, hard core criminal organization until Xizor took over?

Other than that, the episode was interesting. I did think they cheapened the whole Jabba's palace scene. I know they were fighting Sith, but they didn't look like they could protect the palace from a bunch of nerf herders...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The Falleen were not even on their homeworld. It looked like they were on Mustafar.

Darth Maul decimated Black Sun in the comics before TPM. Now they've had 13 years about to rebuild. The Falleen would only be one species in Black Sun. So the guy at the head of the table might be the leader of Black Sun, or he might just be another Vigo for the Falleen species.

If Han Solo was 29 in ANH and this CW episode takes place, Han would be about 9 years old now (during this Darth Maul episode).

Niow the EU establishes that Han caused DENGAR's wounds in a swoop racing duel when Han was a slave of Garris Shrike's and forced to compete. That's why Dengar hates him. Dengar might be 20 years old here. That would make him in his 40's in ESB. Is he 10 years older than Han (thereabouts)?

Is he the kind of guy that wants to hold a death grudge against a 9 year old for 20 years? Well, he did name his ship the Punishing One.

Also, I think Jabba might honor his pledge to ally himself with the Republic and betray Maul and Vizla. Afterall, Maul and Vizla forced him to say he'd join them, while Obi-Wan and Anakin returned his child and asked him nicely.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    If Han Solo was 29 in ANH and this CW episode takes place, Han would be about 9 years old now (during this Darth Maul episode).

Niow the EU establishes that Han caused DENGAR's wounds in a swoop racing duel when Han was a slave of Garris Shrike's and forced to compete. That's why Dengar hates him. Dengar might be 20 years old here. That would make him in his 40's in ESB. Is he 10 years older than Han (thereabouts)?

Is he the kind of guy that wants to hold a death grudge against a 9 year old for 20 years? Well, he did name his ship the Punishing One.
    In The Clone Wars, Dengar's head wrap is more like a turban than a ratty old bandage. It's possible the EU explanation could still work, but I would have to assume that Han would be older than nine when it happened. For now I think it's safe to assume that Dengar hasn't met Han at this point.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    For now I think it's safe to assume that Dengar hasn't met Han at this point.
    I am more likely to believe that Han didn't meet first. :retcon:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Falleen were not even on their homeworld. It looked like they were on Mustafar.
    It's confirmed they were on Mustafar in that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I am more likely to believe that Han didn't meet first. :retcon:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Actually, just curious: but who here, if the victim of an accident caused by a 9 year old that scarred you for life, disabled you, or infected you - or something terrible anyway - like causing your family or loved one(s) to be executed, would then stalk that 9 year old 23 years until you could torture, carbon freeze, and / or kill that individual and present whatever's left of that (former) 9 year old to a drug cartel boss for more torture, death, or life in serious hardcore incarceration (like in a carbonite block)?

I'm just curious.

Isn't after 23 years there a time you'd "move on?"

And say you were trying to work as a bounty hunter and/or professional "mechanic." Would your little uh - personality problem - interefere with your work at all?

I mean would Dengar go to "Shasha-Herme Elementary School?"

That's kind of creepy.

Now if it's like JabbaJohn speculates, that Dengar wears wrappings, what planet / culture does he come from? (We know he's human, but beyond that, where does he come from? - And why does he find Yarna dal Gargon attractive?)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

"Shades of Reason" was pretty damn amazing. I need to watch it again since I kept having to pause, but it seemed like, as with last week, they were trying to pack an awful lot into one episode - again, after so many arcs that are stretched too thin, that's a fine problem to have. You'd think it would be more obvious to the people that Death Watch just showing up out of nowhere was kind of suspicious, but they did end up solving the problem more efficiently than the Mandalorian police could have (the Black Sun and Pykes helped make it look that way, of course), so it wasn't that bad. Mandalore is probably my favorite environment they've designed on this show, and it never looked better than it did here - and it was also apparently Fall, given the usually-green trees, so that was lovely.

The duel was, quite simply, the best one they've ever done in the show by a huge margin. From the fluidity of the animaton to the clever use of Vizsla's equipment to the fact that you didn't really know how it would end, it was just thrilling. It's sad to see Pre Vizsla go, but damn, the way he went out was spectacular. Now the trailers with the Maul-clad Death Watch fighting the blue-clad Death Watch (including Bo-Katan) make sense.

I really, really appreciated them bringing back Almec - that was a total surprise. It's things like this that make the show feel like one whole entity rather than just a collection of random episodes, and it might make Season Three's "Corruption" and "The Academy" actually worthwhile. (Potential spoiler - the latest Insider shows that Korkie, one of the cadets from "The Academy," has been redesigned for an appearance next week, which is also pretty cool.)

It's such a shame that Hasbro has all but abandoned the Clone Wars line, since there were so many designs here (and last week) that would make for amazing figures - Darth Maul with his new legs, Pre Vizsla's redesign, Bo-Katan, Savage Opress with broken horns and robotic arm, Black Sun warriors, etc.

Next week is the last episode in this arc before a trip to Cato Neimoidia (and the introduction of the Eta-2 Jedi Starfighters) in "Sabotage." Judging by what the trailers showed for "The Lawless," it's going to be freakin' amazing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Mostly this was a good episode, but it was uneven. I was ashamed to watch the crappy attack on Mandalore, it's a whole planet and yet they have like 3 police officers at most in any location? And not just during the first attack, within a short time the Duchess knows about these tiny attacks (even though they seem pretty small-potatoes for a whole planet's leader to deal with) and yet nobody seems interested in marshaling troops to the later attacks? And then Saltine's only reaction to Death Watch's ludicrous, laughable claims to the public is a mega-sadface, she just mopes as her world gets taken away over petty vandalism, really? Screw Saltine and her crackers, she's delivered exactly zero times on this show and it's time to cut her damned head off, she's a drag.

Also, she's made Mandalore an incredibly drab place, there's nothing visually interesting, and the only hint of color is her outfits and the paintings and stained glass windows of her, and they're not much less drab either, she uses dark colors similar to gray to fit in, I guess.

Honestly, watching Maul's plan - taking the planet, having Death Watch save the day and then oust the Duchess - should have been its own episode, and then the stuff with Pre Viszla turning on Maul and the escape from prison should have been a separate episode. Everything here on paper seems watchable, it's too bad it got so compressed that the first half felt silly.

The big fight was fun and Viszla getting dispatched was intense, I'm glad they didn't wimp out on that bit, but were this not a cartoon I'd be a little annoyed at the lame cliche of "you defeated our leader so now you're our leader", who does that in real life? What kind of gang or any fighting force just gives up and switches sides, tosses away their beliefs wholesale because their enemy killed their boss? Obviously CW isn't the first thing to use it, so that complaint is more about the cliche in general.

"Shades of Reason" was pretty damn amazing. I need to watch it again since I kept having to pause, but it seemed like, as with last week, they were trying to pack an awful lot into one episode - again, after so many arcs that are stretched too thin, that's a fine problem to have.
    I disagree, not a fine problem to have. We wasted 4 episodes focusing on Col. Gascon and WAC and the droid squad, the entirety of which amounted to absolutely nothing whatsoever that wasn't contrived in the arc itself, and stated nothing on the universe in which they lived, and didn't even do much with the supposed stars: the astromechs. But here we've got a real story to tell finally, one that could impact the galaxy in several very different ways, and will affect our Jedi heroes directly at some point (in theory, they talked about it then let it drop, but I can't imagine that'll stay dropped), yet they cheap out on getting there - they even have the same police voice actor appear in multiple attacks across the planet. There's room for battles and character nuances and shifting alliances all within this arc, yet instead we get the barest of bones, and it mainly only works because Maul and Viszla kick and slice at each other for a while in an interesting one-on-one fight.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've said it before, how the heck is this "moderate violence"? I liked the show overall, found the ending one of those surprising-but-expected paradoxes. Action and schemes were good, too. But The Black Sun gang has been neutered so far.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega