Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 302
  1. #181
    Now what happened to the Falleen (Prince Xizor's species) was supposed to be Darth Vader's fault by SOTE.

    I don't remember if Xixor knew Vader had been Anakin Skywalker and this is something happened before he was a Sith Lord?

    I'm inclined to recollect it was AFTER Vader took on the armor.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

  2. #182
    It would be interesting if everything Vader did was retconned to be Anakin. They already retconned his saving the Noghri species to Anakin years ago in the comic books.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  3. #183
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I've said it before, how the heck is this "moderate violence"?
    It's heavier than "FV" which is "fantasy violence", the type of violence allowed for a TV-Y7 show. Clone Wars is a TV-PG (parental guidance) rated-show with a warning of V for violence, and then Cartoon Network calls it "moderate violence" to explain to parents that the V isn't excessive or bloody but there is more violence than a FV show, that's why CN puts a special ratings splash screen on it and why it doesn't get listed as kids programming in programming guides. Basically, it's "moderate" in that it's the medium level of violence in the TV parental guidelines ratings system, it's more violence than a kids show but less than a TV-MA or TV-14 show's violence where there's more graphic depictions of violence, as well as gore and blood.

    The previous episode, Eminence, Cartoon Network censored out a result shot of the heads of the Black Sun being cut off: http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/47714
    so I would guess Cartoon Network felt that would violate the TV-PG-V rating they could give it, and they couldn't air a TV-MA-V show on a Saturday morning.

    I liked the show overall, found the ending one of those surprising-but-expected paradoxes. Action and schemes were good, too. But The Black Sun gang has been neutered so far.
    What do you mean by paradoxical ending?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Now what happened to the Falleen (Prince Xizor's species) was supposed to be Darth Vader's fault by SOTE.

    I don't remember if Xixor knew Vader had been Anakin Skywalker and this is something happened before he was a Sith Lord?

    I'm inclined to recollect it was AFTER Vader took on the armor.
    I'm not sure you can say anything happened to the Falleen as a species because of Darth Vader, their society hadn't substantially changed because of the destruction of a city of a few hundred thousand that Vader ordered to contain a bio-weapon he had them working on, not in the same way that the Noghri had been changed by his actions. Xizor wanted revenge because he personally had losses there, and that was only around 10 years before SOTE so it was obviously post-armor. I think you're confusing the Noghri with the Falleen here, where Vader's clearly influence altered an entire species.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #184
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's heavier than "FV" which is "fantasy violence", the type of violence allowed for a TV-Y7 show. Clone Wars is a TV-PG (parental guidance) rated-show with a warning of V for violence, and then Cartoon Network calls it "moderate violence" to explain to parents that the V isn't excessive or bloody but there is more violence than a FV show, that's why CN puts a special ratings splash screen on it and why it doesn't get listed as kids programming in programming guides. Basically, it's "moderate" in that it's the medium level of violence in the TV parental guidelines ratings system, it's more violence than a kids show but less than a TV-MA or TV-14 show's violence where there's more graphic depictions of violence, as well as gore and blood.

    The previous episode, Eminence, Cartoon Network censored out a result shot of the heads of the Black Sun being cut off: http://www.bigshinyrobot.com/reviews/archives/47714
    so I would guess Cartoon Network felt that would violate the TV-PG-V rating they could give it, and they couldn't air a TV-MA-V show on a Saturday morning.

    What do you mean by paradoxical ending?
    That makes sense about the ratings.

    Since most would've seen the episode by now, it's not really a spoiler. I expected someone to die, and I wondered if Maul had served his purpose, but Pre being killed made sense, I guess. It was paradoxical because I knew one of the two would die (the stop!-I-won't-waste-a-valuable-resource or you're-a-worthy-opponent gimmick would have been very bad and lame), which was the expected part, but my surprise came from it actually occurring in this episode; I thought they'd make it a cliffhanger. Basically, a I-knew-it mixed with a little they-really-did-that?
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

  5. #185
    What grade would you give a kid who delivered a paper with that many hyphens?

    I see. I wasn't expecting anybody to die until the Jedi had showed up and thrown their 2 cents into the mix, then either Pre would have killed Maul giving Obi-Wan an out, or Maul would have killed Pre giving Obi-Wan an out. This was better, if dumber of Pre and Maul because now their forces are weaker either way.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #186
    From this week's Clone Wars press release:

    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/conten...The-Clone-Wars

    The much battered Twilight now sports a cartoonish illustration of Anakin as a boy Podracer pilot, with Aurebesh text that says “WIZARD!!!” The Twilight has not been seen since Season Two’s “Children of the Force.”

    Oh my good gravy!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  7. #187
    Looks like this one will have a lot of references for longtime viewers - the Twilight, Satine's nephew Korkie (and maybe some of the other students, given the official site's preview guide), the Rako Hardeen gear. This preview and this preview show Obi-Wan getting and using his Mandalorian armor in a great homage to ANH. So maybe Obi-Wan suggested to Luke and Han to wear the enemy's armor since he did it already. I love that kind of stuff!

    And going off what I said earlier, I would buy the HELL out of an Obi-Wan in Mandalorian disguise figure. They already have the Mandalorian body, just throw an Obi-Wan head on there and repaint.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

  8. #188
    I saw this and wasn't going to post it in news, but I had to share with you guys. This likely isn't Obi-Wan, the armor design is slightly different, but it is risking being the most fan-fic thing TCW has ever done. I've cropped into the pertinent element, see if you can spot it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ACW_IA_110126_R.jpg 
Views:	828 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	27105
    (click for full resolution)

    AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, this episode's going to have it all, a guy painting a 9-year-old boy racing on the side of his van, Darth Maul-themed Mandalorian armor, lady Mando armor, Obi-Wan's girlfriend, it's going to be a scream.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  9. #189
    I was surprised that i really liked this episode even if it did include Maul. There was one super-huge, drive a star destroyer sized hole in the plot though. Mandalorian Warriors are supposed to be intelligent, correct? Then why did Pre stick two known Jedi/Sith into a glass jail cell? It's not like he hasn't seen Jedi in action, in fact he captured Obi-Wan and used those force cuffs...
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

  10. #190
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHA! Oh man, this episode's going to have it all, a guy painting a 9-year-old boy racing on the side of his van, Darth Maul-themed Mandalorian armor, lady Mando armor, Obi-Wan's girlfriend, it's going to be a scream.
    This guy showed up in the preview back in August and he was mentioned somewhere on this site, if not necessarily in this thread, I think. Anyway, the Maul-looking armor makes sense if the Mandalorians want to emulate or look up to their leader (which, isn't that an element from the comics with the leader being called "Mandalore"?), so it's not out of the realm of possibility that they would want to look like him or pay respect to him - it's also not out of the realm of possibility that Maul would be vain enough to make them do it. It IS pretty fanboy servicey, but I'm a fanboy, so there ya go.

    I bet the painting of young Ani won't be that obvious, but I don't think it's any worse than Plo Koon having a picture of himself and the words "Plo's Bros" written on his gunships, or any of the other nose art (which they unfortunately haven't had much of lately).

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute
    I was surprised that i really liked this episode even if it did include Maul. There was one super-huge, drive a star destroyer sized hole in the plot though. Mandalorian Warriors are supposed to be intelligent, correct? Then why did Pre stick two known Jedi/Sith into a glass jail cell? It's not like he hasn't seen Jedi in action, in fact he captured Obi-Wan and used those force cuffs...
    When did he use Force cuffs on Obi-Wan? When Obi-Wan was knocked out by two anonymous Death Watch soldiers in Season Two's "The Mandalore Plot," he was suspended upside-down in one of the mining compound's energy fields.

    Vizsla probably assumed that his guards could take care of Maul and Savage, or was just so full of himself that he thought he and his men could kill them if they escaped.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO