Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Or how about the oddity of that opening funeral scene, where they had exactly the right number of coffin-elevators in the floor and made no mention at all about the civilians and clones killed in the blast, anybody else find that off-note?
    I thought it was odd that they didn't cremate the Jedi victims. Qui-Gon, a Jedi Master, was cremated on Naboo, meanwhile, these nameless jedi where shipped back to Courscant for a hero's burial.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Those chambers might have creamated them and the light that comes from them is initially a disintegration discharge.

That's what I thought anyway. The other lights were just decorative or atristically integrated discharge pathways.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Ahsoka hasn't done any investigating whatsoever, thus negating the promise of these Hitchcockian episode titles. She remains a passive player, content to allow others to do minimal work on her behalf while she runs, follows cheese to the traps, and lays the smack down.

That said, I really enjoyed this episode from the Star Wars perspective, there was more life, more dirtiness, more exciting action, and a real sense of a cinematic style. Aliens were speaking alienese, they recreated the cantina on a train, and there was a twist ending that I called a week ago. I felt the minimal story, the emotional impact of sending Ahsoka's 2 parental figure types (Anakin and Plo) after her, the run from the law, all of that was compelling in the moment even if it was thin on real story.

The biggest flaw for me isn't Ventress' involvement, it's the lack of wisdom on the part of the Jedi Council, Tarkin came down hard and all Yoda could do was follow that lead. I've given up on the prequel-era Jedi as a group, they simply don't mesh up with the description and behavior we got from the original Obi-Wan, the Jedi here are a lesser-than organization not worthy of pity for being brought down by the system. It feels like Ventress is ultimately going to step up and clear Ahsoka's name next week, rather than the Jedi doing anything remotely wise and wizardly and clever. Should next week's season finale end on a cliffhanger (the possibility of such was suggested by TV.com's Noel Kirkpatrick, pointing out that the show's future is currently up in the air), the only one I could accept would be Ahsoka turning away from the order, disgusted in their lack of faith, their ease of being deceived, and their becoming tools of the Galactic Senate war machine - basically, Ahsoka leaving because of Barriss' claims ringing true, even if Barriss' actions were overboard.

Barriss clearly is the real culprit, her motives should we believe what we've been told so far, are a disgust in the Jedi order's actions in the war and how that impacts the people of the Republic. Those are fine motives for taking some action, these actions I am not really seeing as a natural extension of that, and they'll surely play into the Sith's hands, but my real issue is that Barriss is concerned with laying blame at others' feet rather than taking responsibility for her cause and becoming a vocal martyr.

Hopefully, the great look and feel of this episode is a teaser for the upcoming Star Wars: 1313 game that takes place on the aforementioned level (1 level down from where we started and 2 up from where we ended) with bounty hunters (maybe Asajj?).

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    I thought it was odd that they didn't cremate the Jedi victims. Qui-Gon, a Jedi Master, was cremated on Naboo, meanwhile, these nameless jedi where shipped back to Courscant for a hero's burial.
    They weren't shipped back to Coruscant, that's where they were killed - unless you're arguing they were blown up so hard they flew off the planet.

Your point about not cremating them though, that's right on the money.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I, too, have really liked this arc. I am still wondering what'll happen to Anakin's padawan, and the promo at the end of this week's episode piqued my curiosity even more. I still think there's a slight chance that Ahsoka will be no more (and not just in prison or out of the Order).
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Everything points to Barriss but how and when did she become so skilled? It better not be residual brain worms that is influencing her, that would be such a cop out.

I definitely have to agree with JT's assessment of the Jedi Order. They have become much like the Guardians in the Green Lantern comics - arrogant, aloof and out of touch with the galaxy. Always moving the Force is...yet they remain trapped in their ways, unable to adapt to anything.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I definitely have to agree with JT's assessment of the Jedi Order. They have become much like the Guardians in the Green Lantern comics - arrogant, aloof and out of touch with the galaxy. Always moving the Force is...yet they remain trapped in their ways, unable to adapt to anything.
    That's kind of the point, though. They've fallen from grace - partly from just becoming so passive and navel-gazing in the days of TPM to compromising their morals as war leaders during the Clone Wars, and partly from the growing influence of the Dark Side clouding their vision. Yoda states in AOTC that more and more Jedi are becoming arrogant. They've all but lost their compassionate ways, which don't really get restored until Luke and Anakin sacrifice themselves to destroy the Sith in ROTJ (or are at least prepared to).

I agree that this arc has been extremely compelling, far more so than ones where everything seems to get resolved in one episode only to be undone in the next for the sake of drama (I'm looking at you, D-Squad) - this one plays as a full story. It's obvious from the figure that beat up and impersonated Ventress that the culprit is Barriss (who, incidentally, had a cool little shrine in her room), and JT's assessment of her motives is probably correct, but I'd like to see how she justifies herself if she gets the chance to do so.

I'm reading more and more that the show's future is in serious doubt due to the Disney deal, which is simply too bad. Hopefully at the very least we get to see the episodes that have been completed (or close to it). By its own design, the show doesn't need to go on forever, but I'll be very disappointed if the series doesn't at least resolve the fates of Ahsoka, Rex, Ventress, and Maul, though based on the preview it looks like next week may very well bring an end to Ventress and/or Ahsoka in some way so that could be better than nothing. I know that George and Dave mapped out the end of the series as the Disney deal went through and George started his retirement, so I hope they'll be able to do those stories.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Indeed. Given that they've already urinated all over the (far superior, in my opinion) Medstar Duology, no reason they shouldn't defecate on it as well.
    Having read the descriptions of the novels on Wookieepedia, and keeping in mind the fact that The Clone Wars still outranks the EU in canonicity, is there any real reason why the Medstar duology can't just take place before these episodes? Those look to be the really only books about Barriss that take place during the war, and they originally took place two years into it, take place just a week apart from each other (though I'm not sure how much time they cover), and end with her becoming a Jedi Knight. Since the story takes place so late in the war, the Geonosis arc from Season Two actually should fit in just fine (despite your earlier protestations to the contrary), since that takes place relatively early on in the war and Barriss is depicted there as still being a Padawan. They've also said that they've changed the dates on the older Clone Wars material so that most of it takes place earlier than originally stated. Luminara has been absent in this arc and Barriss has only appeared in non-speaking background roles since Season Two, so it's not impossible that Barriss could be a knight on the show at this point. Her character model has been updated to show her as visibly older as well. The only media that had Barriss being killed on Felucia during Order 66 was the ROTS comic adaptation, which was presumably being made when the film was still in post-production before Barriss' death was cut from the film, so that needs to be taken into account. A webcomic later showed the events leading up to Order 66 and gave her a Padawan shortly beforehand, but since her death was of dubious canonicity to begin with, I wouldn't put much stock in the webcomic. But it looks to me like the Medstar books should remain urine- and feces-free.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Everything points to Barriss but how and when did she become so skilled? It better not be residual brain worms that is influencing her, that would be such a cop out.
    Ugh, I really REALLY hope that's not what it is, that'd be disappointing. Having convictions is so important to moving a plot like this forward, true believers may be a more complicated villain to explain to kids, but it's far more rewarding than just having another cheap out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    That's kind of the point, though. They've fallen from grace - partly from just becoming so passive and navel-gazing in the days of TPM to compromising their morals as war leaders during the Clone Wars, and partly from the growing influence of the Dark Side clouding their vision. Yoda states in AOTC that more and more Jedi are becoming arrogant. They've all but lost their compassionate ways, which don't really get restored until Luke and Anakin sacrifice themselves to destroy the Sith in ROTJ (or are at least prepared to).
    My problem there is that Obi-Wan shouldn't be romancing their memory then, if they are complicit in their own downfall then he should admit those problems in ANH, not sweep them under the rug, or else he becomes as guilty as they were and sets up Luke for failure. Not the actions of a wizard or a monk. The influence of the Sith on the Republic should be what brings the Jedi down, not their own failures. The way this is playing out now, Obi-Wan isn't wise, he's delusional. And if the prophecy is to bring balance to the Force, then aren't the Jedi destined to just breed more Sith in the future by eventually making the same mistakes? That's one of those little things that's bugged me about the prequels, and now here it is at the forefront of The Clone Wars.

I agree that this arc has been extremely compelling, far more so than ones where everything seems to get resolved in one episode only to be undone in the next for the sake of drama (I'm looking at you, D-Squad) - this one plays as a full story. It's obvious from the figure that beat up and impersonated Ventress that the culprit is Barriss (who, incidentally, had a cool little shrine in her room), and JT's assessment of her motives is probably correct, but I'd like to see how she justifies herself if she gets the chance to do so.
    I didn't notice the shrine specifically, what was it?

I'm reading more and more that the show's future is in serious doubt due to the Disney deal, which is simply too bad. Hopefully at the very least we get to see the episodes that have been completed (or close to it). By its own design, the show doesn't need to go on forever, but I'll be very disappointed if the series doesn't at least resolve the fates of Ahsoka, Rex, Ventress, and Maul, though based on the preview it looks like next week may very well bring an end to Ventress and/or Ahsoka in some way so that could be better than nothing. I know that George and Dave mapped out the end of the series as the Disney deal went through and George started his retirement, so I hope they'll be able to do those stories.
    That would be a real shame if it ended without saying everything it needed to say simply because Disney couldn't pull themselves together. Ventress though, her story can go on, she's now independent of Dooku and Palpatine so she could just fade into the underside of Coruscant, become a bounty hunting myth that the lowlife criminals whisper about, and another black mark against all Force users. Rex is just a clone, he can simply put on Appo's armor design and "be a clone" again. Maul I'd still like to see disappear, or show up in a lab dissected. So it's very much for me about Ahsoka and how the Clones as a group continue.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Simple, JJL. Barriss is at least the same age as Anakin, possibly older (definitely more mature and advanced in her training), in the books, and becomes a Knight sooner, according to the pre-Clone Wars EU.

Making her a padawan and buddies to Anakin's padawan sort of tosses that out the window.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chuckster is correct. The approaching storm by Alan Dean Foster. Barris is a padawan when Anakin is. The best way to explain this is that because of his abilities Anakin was knighted sooner.

Anyway I love the new darker way that the clone wars is headed.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.