Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Simple, JJL. Barriss is at least the same age as Anakin, possibly older (definitely more mature and advanced in her training), in the books, and becomes a Knight sooner, according to the pre-Clone Wars EU.

Making her a padawan and buddies to Anakin's padawan sort of tosses that out the window.
    As I said, they moved a lot of things earlier in the timeline. Here Anakin becomes a Padawan soon after Geonosis but, again, many of the stories where he's a Padawan can take place in that time, or just change the fact that he's a Padawan and not alter much else. Does it actually state her age anywhere or are you assuming? Does Anakin's status in the order have any bearing whatsoever on the Medstar stories specifically?

Tycho, The Approaching Storm takes place before AOTC.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I didn't notice the shrine specifically, what was it?
    Just a small Buddhist-like statue and some candles, IIRC. Nothing too fancy but I thought it was an interesting little detail since I haven't really seen anything like that for the Jedi before.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Tycho, The Approaching Storm takes place before AOTC.

I know. Luminara and Obi Wan are the Masters and Anakin and Barriss Are the apprentices
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

BTW, did anyone else notice the Donkey Kong style fight between Ahsoka and Fake Asajj? Rolling barrels, climbing levels?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Clone Wars season 6 starts in July and ends in December of this year based on this pic making its way around Rebelscum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2v8l5df.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	27201
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    Clone Wars season 6 starts in July and ends in December of this year based on this pic making its way around Rebelscum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2v8l5df.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	27201
    Cool, but that also lists the now-delayed 3D releases, so that's definitely not up to date. That DaGeDar company had stuff shown at the Toy Fairs, so that's likely where this is from. It's also entirely possible that this is for an international broadcast of the show, since different countries play the show at different times.

Ashley Eckstein did a Q&A on the Star Wars Books Facebook page, where she had this to say:
    Q: Will The Clone Wars continue past Season 5?
    A: For all of you asking about the future of The Clone Wars. There are more Clone Wars stories left to tell and they are working on an announcement on where you can find those future stories. Stay tuned for more information, but that's all I know for now.
    So thankfully it sounds like the show will still be continuing in at least some capacity.

In non-spoiler news, it looks like Coleman Kcaj will finally be joining the Jedi Council in this episode! Ackbar is making his return as well, now with his ROTJ-style feet instead of his Season Four flippers (so I presume they retract or something, or maybe he had cosmetic surgery ). The rumor going around is that Palpatine's new voice is Tim Curry, and the preview certainly sounds like him, which would be kind of crazy.

Spoilers ahead . . .

The episode guide is up, and there are two more previews here and here. Based on the third preview and the character model without the braid, it looks like the Jedi Council will remove Ahsoka as Anakin's Padawan, which I did not expect to see happen in this fashion. A Canadian preview makes it obvious that Anakin duels with Barriss in this episode, so I assume the truth will be revealed, though I'm really interested to see how it all plays out. The Council's actions against Ahsoka will undoubtedly make Anakin even more wary of them, especially after their treatment of Obi-Wan's "death" last year, helping show why he was willing to go against them in ROTS. Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Just a small Buddhist-like statue and some candles, IIRC. Nothing too fancy but I thought it was an interesting little detail since I haven't really seen anything like that for the Jedi before.
    Then yes, but I didn't really note it as anything, that's interesting. I hope they don't use that as her excuse, she should really just be a disillusioned Jedi who felt driven to extreme action. Perhaps that could disillusion Ahsoka into leaving, that'd be fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    BTW, did anyone else notice the Donkey Kong style fight between Ahsoka and Fake Asajj? Rolling barrels, climbing levels?
    Ha! That's totally on the money!

Cool, but that also lists the now-delayed 3D releases, so that's definitely not up to date. That DaGeDar company had stuff shown at the Toy Fairs, so that's likely where this is from. It's also entirely possible that this is for an international broadcast of the show, since different countries play the show at different times.
    Good point.

The rumor going around is that Palpatine's new voice is Tim Curry, and the preview certainly sounds like him, which would be kind of crazy.
    I kinda hope that's wrong, he's SUCH a specific voice that it'd be distracting.

Spoilers ahead . . .

The episode guide is up, and there are two more previews here and here. Based on the third preview and the character model without the braid, it looks like the Jedi Council will remove Ahsoka as Anakin's Padawan, which I did not expect to see happen in this fashion. A Canadian preview makes it obvious that Anakin duels with Barriss in this episode, so I assume the truth will be revealed, though I'm really interested to see how it all plays out. The Council's actions against Ahsoka will undoubtedly make Anakin even more wary of them, especially after their treatment of Obi-Wan's "death" last year, helping show why he was willing to go against them in ROTS. Awesome!
    Really you should have made that Spoiler Alert bigger, I'll do that now. All of this kinda bums me out, I didn't want to see any of those spoilers until it aired.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Really you should have made that Spoiler Alert bigger, I'll do that now. All of this kinda bums me out, I didn't want to see any of those spoilers until it aired.
    Sorry, and thanks. As to the spoilers, I was pretty shocked to see them in the official previews, so I have to assume there's still much more to the story here (and it certainly seems that way). Either way, it seems like this episode will definitely be a game-changer.

The rumor going around is that Palpatine's new voice is Tim Curry, and the preview certainly sounds like him, which would be kind of crazy.
    According to the Huffington Post it is indeed Tim Curry.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Malakite View Post
    According to the Huffington Post it is indeed Tim Curry.
    And he did a fantastic job. Since it still sounds like the Palpatine we know and love.

And wow... hell of a season finale. The show just keeps getting better. Hope it continues.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Was I surprised by this finale? Somewhat? How so? Read the white text below...

I thought that Mace's comments about her great trials would've meant she would be elevated to Jedi Knight status, not Padawan. I wasn't surprised by Ahsoka's decision; I just wonder if she's gone from the series now (but I doubt it). The "wait, I have last-second evidence!" ploy was expected. Let's see where Barriss ends up. Curry's voice occasionally sounded more like Tim Curry, but for the most part, he did a good job. The new "newest" guards' uniforms are pretty cool.

Season Six might be a great way to wrap it all up, and lead into E3.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega