Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Dude, c'mon, Maul was a dead duck. They retconned the Theed Palace reactor shaft into one of those endless skydiving fan things, that's the ONLY way he could have survived being cut in half and falling down that pit. Even the EU in Wrath of Darth Maul and The Sith Hunters is utterly ridiculous - grabbing a vent at that speed without a working SPINE? And then falling further and hitting water? He'd have ripped his arm off his body even if his spine was still able to send signals after being cut in twain, and the impact from hitting the water from that height would pancake him, turning his internal organs into external ones. Oh, and let's not forget that THERE WERE NO VENTS OR WATER IN THE MOVIE.
    We couldn't see anything at the bottom of the pit in TPM, so we can't say there was or wasn't anything based on the film. I'm not sure what the EU said on this one, whether the 1999- or 2012-era stuff, I'm just going off the film and the show.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The EU wasn't allowed to touch him. He was dead until Lucas changed his mind.

My point isn't so much that they screwed up a character I like (though, yeah, they've done that dozens of times). It's why use the one minor Jedi who actually had a full story. (Barriss even had an actual death in Order 66, and not just in a cut scene or video game.) Couldn't Hi-Yaah Girl have worked instead of the Jedi they bothered to write two books about? Or why not create a new Padawan early on? Plo Koon could've been training someone. Everyone likes Plo Koon, and he's surprisingly open.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

My point isn't so much that they screwed up a character I like (though, yeah, they've done that dozens of times). It's why use the one minor Jedi who actually had a full story. (Barriss even had an actual death in Order 66, and not just in a cut scene or video game.) Couldn't Hi-Yaah Girl have worked instead of the Jedi they bothered to write two books about? Or why not create a new Padawan early on? Plo Koon could've been training someone. Everyone likes Plo Koon, and he's surprisingly open.
    Maul was presumed dead by everyone in The Clone Wars as well until they discovered otherwise. Still not sure how that has anything to do with the fact that he didn't reappear in canon EU after TPM.

Again, Barriss' Order 66 death was based on a scene deleted from ROTS (as seen on the Blu-ray animatics), only put in the comic adaptation since the film wasn't done at that point. I still don't know why the Medstar books in and of themselves can't take place between her appearances in Season Two and Five, though since I now know for a fact you aren't reading anything I'm saying on the topic, I'll just give up now.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    We couldn't see anything at the bottom of the pit in TPM, so we can't say there was or wasn't anything based on the film. I'm not sure what the EU said on this one, whether the 1999- or 2012-era stuff, I'm just going off the film and the show.
    You can see the bottomless pit is smooth as far as the eye can see, anything beyond the range of that would tear him apart or splatter him, not help him. I am going by what the wiki says of his survival, hence I cited both sources. The show makes no pretense at all of it.

Barriss' death in Order 66 was cut from the film, so like Shaak Ti whose MULTIPLE deaths were cut from the film, that allowed them to change her direction. They used her probably because of the impact factor, someone we already knew and had faith in, also it (in theory) shouldn't have seem as obvious and distracting that way compared to throwing the Hiyah girl into the mix.

Seems like you're just holding a grudge because you don't like that someone who you invested in could have her path changed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I don't have a problem with adding wrinkles or changing course. Only thing is now (in addition to everything about her age being wrong by a few years), she will now have, what, a couple of months to get back into the Order's good graces and go off to Drongar. Given that Ahsoka was apparently being drummed out of the Order for what Barriss was really doing, that's stretching it, unless they like Barriss more and won't hold her accountable.

Shaak Ti's deaths only appeared in cut scenes and in a video game. Games are low on the canon scale. The cut scenes would trump them, but they contradict one another, so I think that means they cancel one another out. I don't recall the novelization or comic addressing her. TFU seems to be higher on the scale than most games (since it has the tie-in novel, no matter how bad).

Barriss, on the other hand, is shown in the comic being blasted from behind by a Juggernaut while looking through binoculars, IIRC. Since nothing disputes that, that's how she went out. (Then again, the same Order 66 sequence showed Quinlan Vos dying, and we now know he's one of about sixty Jedi who survived and lived on Kashyyyk without ever knowing about the other fifty-nine. )

Of course, on the subject of Jedi deaths, Adi Gallia is a huge honkin' contradiction.

Just saying, the EU isn't as fun to navigate when it ceases to be a straight line with a few little zigs and zags, and becomes a full-on Choose Your Own Adventure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't think your timeline is right, this says MedStar I and II are during 20 BBY, this episode of Clone Wars is 20 BBY, so this episode takes place after the events of MedStar II. Be thankful her Bota accident wasn't used as justification for her becoming a mad bomber.

Games are the same canon as novels and comics, C-canon. Cut scenes are either S-canon (secondary) or N-canon (not).

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So she's not a Padawan here?

She most definitely is a Knight following the Medstar books.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So she's not a Padawan here?

She most definitely is a Knight following the Medstar books.
    I don't remember anything in the episode showing Barriss to be a padawan.

A decent episode, not the best, definitely not the worst. The fact that no evidence was gathered for the trial on either side is a glaring hole. If all those clone murders took place in a high security prison, wouldn't there had been video? And if there wasn't video, wouldn't that have raised eyebrows in Ahsoka's favor? I liked Anakin's emotional roller coaster throughout the episode, although I still find it hard to believe that even though Anakins lightsaber skill rivals Master Yoda's, he still has problems with everyone in a duel. The real Anakin would have mopped the floor with Barris; I kept expecting her hands to be cut off. All being said, the score of this episode was the best, emotional score of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    We know why Ahsoka isn't in ROTS. They brought up the question in 2008 and they provided the answer today.
    Well that depends. If she appears in season 6, then the question really hasn't been answered yet. My guess is we will be seeing a lot more of her, to go as far as seeing her in EVII.

Darth Maul surviving his injuries on Naboo isn't an EU retcon, it's just saying that something we saw in TPM led to something we didn't expect.
    It wasn't that it led to something we didn't expect, it was it led to something that can't physically happen. Darth Mauls eyes rolled into the back of his head, and even though that doesn't mean death, it does mean unconsciousness. Because of this, he couldn't force push himself into a crevice to save his life. Had a fan been used to "cushion" his fall, the fan would have had to such a flow to catch his weight from that height that it would have hit him like a concrete floor. The same thing goes for water; had he hit water from that height every bone in his half body would have broke twice over and he would have drown. When Lucas killed Maul off in TPM, he did a great job, unfortunately, as in the case with life insurance policies, if you don't have a body... anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I don't remember anything in the episode showing Barriss to be a padawan.
    I was under the impression she was a knight in this arc. At the funeral, she appeared with no master, even though a majority of them were there.

They weren't shipped back to Coruscant, that's where they were killed - unless you're arguing they were blown up so hard they flew off the planet.

Your point about not cremating them though, that's right on the money.
    Yeah I must not have been paying attention. I thought it was a Jedi temple in another system.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

IIRC, didn't Lucas say something to the effect of, "I chose to show Maul split in two so other writers couldn't bring him back."
    Tommy, close your eyes.