Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031 LastLast
    I get the Disney XD Channel or whatever it is in my cable package.

I'm not that concerned about having the channel.

What I'd like:

Further adventures of Ahsoka Tano in some medium. I'd read books or comics about her. But I'd like to see Ashley still employed portraying her.

I'd really like to see Ahsoka confront Darth Vader one day, knowing full well who he is. I could handle it if he kills her, but I want to see him regret it and struggle horribly because of his decision to join the Dark Side (under Palpatine).*

* The Dark Side would possibly be great for Anakin if he got rid of Palpatine. In fact, if Obi-Wan had joined Anakin, the younger Jedi would be loving it. He had good intentions. After reading Darth Plageuis, I understand Palpatine did not.

** Palpatine was also a vengeful teenager, manipulated by Darth Plageuis (Damosk) who was a Force-talented corporate raider (a monopolist with the Dark Side).

While Anakin was a resentful teenager, he wanted to do good by people and free slaves, share his love with Padme, etc. He didn't start off consumed by a need for revenge (it was fear and insecurity).

For Palpatine, it was a deep resentment of a loss of entitlement he thought he deserved for being Naboo royalty, and a rebellion against his father.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next, I'd like a cartoon version return to the OT era with Han, Luke, and Leia, but that's only on the basis that it creates or expands on new characters that could be in jeopardy - if it's set in the OT era.

As they've made statements it will NOT be, I'd like the Legacy or immediate pre-Legacy era to be explored.

Who were Roan Fel's parents?

Who were Ania Solo's parents?

Who were Cole Skywalker's parents? (that's Cade's grandparents and Ben Skywalker's offspring).

The movies (if they preserve the EU) would focus on these characters' grandparents (Jaina Fel, Ben Skywalker, Allanah Solo).

Why did Dark Horse jump so far into the future instead of deal with those questions in the first place?

I'd love to (and can, even in the Legacy era) see Yuuzhan Vong in some sort of motion-action medium (film or cartoon preferably but video games would be marketable).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If SW goes back in time before the PT, KOTOR is alright, but what about Vima Sunrider in the TOTJ era?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    TF:P was cancelled?!? How will Optimus get out of the rubble now?
    It's canceled after the next 13 episodes, so they get him out of the rubble, into some "Beast Hunters" armor, and fighting Predacons. Then they throw that all out the window.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    It's canceled after the next 13 episodes, so they get him out of the rubble, into some "Beast Hunters" armor, and fighting Predacons. Then they throw that all out the window.
    Good... I'll... I mean my kids will at least have some closure... :P
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

In my opinion, the two most interesting eras in which to tell a new story would be the ten years between Episode I and Episode II or the 30 years between Return of the Jedi and Episode VII.
    Stir the pot.

Good... I'll... I mean my kids will at least have some closure... :P
    Heh heh! Those new episodes start this very Friday, so at least "your kids" won't have to wait anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by happy View Post
    In my opinion, the two most interesting eras in which to tell a new story would be the ten years between Episode I and Episode II or the 30 years between Return of the Jedi and Episode VII.
    I'm sure every fan has their own idea of which era is the best for a new cartoon, I personally like ANH to ESB, but I think the only thing that should matter is that the show has a strong and consistent vision from the showrunner. I'd watch a Legacy show, I'd watch a KOTOR/TOR show, I'd watch another prequel show, so long as it's trying to be good Star Wars tv that's enough for me.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm sure every fan has their own idea of which era is the best for a new cartoon, I personally like ANH to ESB, but I think the only thing that should matter is that the show has a strong and consistent vision from the showrunner. I'd watch a Legacy show, I'd watch a KOTOR/TOR show, I'd watch another prequel show, so long as it's trying to be good Star Wars tv that's enough for me.
    And since the Marvel Comics run already covered the ANH-ESB period with about 30 issues, the scripts are all done!

Hello? Hello?

Anybody? Bueller?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The Further Adventures of Teek and Jaxxon
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Heh heh! Those new episodes start this very Friday, so at least "your kids" won't have to wait anymore.
    Thanks for the update! If you hadn't told me, I definitely would have missed it since I got a new DVR and it's no longer called TF: Prime. Looks like a marathon before hand.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    And since the Marvel Comics run already covered the ANH-ESB period with about 30 issues, the scripts are all done!

Hello? Hello?

Anybody? Bueller?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The Further Adventures of Teek and Jaxxon
    That's it? I was sure you'd pee your pants in excitement of responding to BCJ's post there, that was Chuxter-bait if ever I've seen it. Can't use the Marvel stories though, then you have to risk paying 1970s Marvel writers and we all know that's NEVER going to happen.

Thanks for the update! If you hadn't told me, I definitely would have missed it since I got a new DVR and it's no longer called TF: Prime. Looks like a marathon before hand.
    Sure thing, glad to get the news out to folks who should know. It's now Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, which on my DVR is "Transformers Prime Beast Hunt." and is part of the same series as I didn't have to program it there, but I wouldn't be surprised to see other operators typing it in differently, it's up to operator discretion.

Anyone interested in a quick review of all 5 seasons should pick up the new Clone Wars Episode Guide book by Jason Frey. It has each episode on a 2-page spread in the correct order of the story (plus the CW film), and lists in which season it was released. Good index to search at the back, too.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega