Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    ROTJ:

This one is tough to break down, but I'm going to take a page out of Kenner's book for a couple of the figures:

Jedi Luke (Jabba's Palace version with cloak and one gloved hand, exactly like the vintage figure)
    Leia Slave Girl (it was a toss up between this and her Boushh disguise, but this is the more iconic outfit, IMO)
    Han Endor (make the vest removable so he can fill in for Carbonite Han in a pinch)
    Lando Skiff Guard disguise
    Wicket
    Admiral Ackbar
    Gamorrean Guard
    Emperor
    Biker Scout
    Bib Fortuna
    Nein Nunb
    Logray
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

You're right on, BigB.

I think in a wave, especially of essential characters, you need to have:

heroes and villains (Rebels vs Imperials, or Republic vs Separatists)
    aliens - especially from a movie's unique location: Tatooine, Naboo / Pod Race, Hoth / Bespin, Geonosis, Utopau, Jabba's / Endor.
    Droids - if and when possible, if they're important like IG-88, not TC-14 or R1-G4 for example. (R2 and 3PO are main characters).
    Jedi where applicable.

And balance it out that way for kids to play Star Wars.

That's Jawas, Tuskens, Gungans, Sebulba, Snowtroops, Cloud City personnel, Geonosians, Utai, Gamorreans, and Ewoks. And of course then you get into other specific locations like Kamino, the Galactic Senate, Kashyyyk, the Death Star, and Mustafar.

MSP is going to give us more choices in the later rounds.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

*Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) - removable Tatooine garb, interchangeable right hand
    *Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
    *Princess Leia Organa (Jabba's Prisoner)
    *Han Solo (Carbonite)
    *Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)
    *Wicket
    *Emperor Palpatine
    *Admiral Ackbar
    *Biker Scout
    *Gamorrean Guard
    *Bib Fortuna
    *Emperor's Royal Guard
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Leia Slave Girl (it was a toss up between this and her Boushh disguise, but this is the more iconic outfit, IMO)
    I had the same thought process, but went with Boushh because it is more fun and versatile as a figure. Plus, sometimes I think the fetishization of slave Leia has gone too far.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I had the same thought process, but went with Boushh because it is more fun and versatile as a figure. Plus, sometimes I think the fetishization of slave Leia has gone too far.
    Oh, it definitely goes too far, but that was one of the reasons I thought that a new toy company would focus on that version instead of the Boushh design, which doesn't appear very feminine at all. The Endor outfit is too dull and Leia's Ewok dress is too insignificant to the story.

Also, we already have several versions of Boushh Leia, so people can use those while this new toy company gets around to producing another one. Or are we assuming that this toy company is not only rebooting the line, but coming to our homes and taking all the figures we've already bought?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Here are my votes for AOTC:

Count Dooku
    Jango Fett
    Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Padmé Arena
    Clone Trooper
    Super Battle Droid
    Mace Windu
    Ki-Adi-Mundi
    Geonosian Warrior
    Zam Wessel
    Yoda

Of those who have been voting, it looks like JediTricks and mtriv73 still have not voted in the AOTC round, so I will wait a couple days to close the voting on that one and move on to ROTS. For the ROTJ voting, only mtriv73 and myself have not voted. I will vote now, and leave the voting open a couple more days before moving onto the OT poll. My ROTJ votes:

Luke Jedi
    Leia Boushh
    Leia Slave
    Han Carbonite
    Gamorrean Guard
    Bib Fortuna
    Admiral Ackbar
    Royal Guard
    Emperor Palpatine
    Biker Scout
    Endor Rebel Soldier
    Wicket

My ROTS votes:

Bail Organa Senator (Palpatine's speech)
    Padme Senator (same scene- she's supposed to be a senator)
    Anakin E3
    Obi-Wan E3
    Kit Fisto
    SaeSee Tiin
    Utai Soldier
    Wookiee warrior
    Clone phase II
    Cmdr Cody
    Grievous ' Bodyguard droid
    General Grievous
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    My ROTS votes:

Bail Organa Senator (Palpatine's speech)
    Padme Senator (same scene- she's supposed to be a senator)
    Anakin E3
    Obi-Wan E3
    Kit Fisto
    SaeSee Tiin
    Utai Soldier
    Wookiee warrior
    Clone phase II
    Cmdr Cody
    Grievous ' Bodyguard droid
    General Grievous
    I actually haven't opened up voting for ROTS. A couple on your list might make the AOTC list.

Whoops. It had said - oh " wait a couple of days before I close attack of the clones and move on 2 revenge of the sith. I guess I got excited. Do you want me to delete my votes? I think only the jedi (kit and saeser) stand to be voted on 2 attack of the clones

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Whoops. It had said - oh " wait a couple of days before I close attack of the clones and move on 2 revenge of the sith. I guess I got excited. Do you want me to delete my votes? I think only the jedi (kit and saeser) stand to be voted on 2 attack of the clones
    I will just ask you for any substitutes when the time comes, if necessary.