Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers
    C-3PO should also make the ANH list, but I am less certain about doing one version of C-3PO working for all movies. There was an AOTC figure that had removable coverings. Perhaps an ultimate version could have different sets of removable coverings and limbs to make him resemble any of his appearances.
    In an ideal world, this would be awesome, but I haven't seen any technology that suggests this is feasible. The removable pieces on the 2010 TVC C-3PO are pretty cool, but his face looks a little mask-like, and I don't think it would work for the entire body. Maybe in 10 years or so?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padawan--BTW, would be it acceptable to include alternate heads for the AOTC and ROTS versions, since the body's basically the same?)
    The body is similar, but the colors are different in each film and so is the cut of the tunic and the style of the boots, so I wouldn't want them to just lump in three heads.

Same thing for AOTC/ROTS Anakin - the colors are different (most obviously the undershirt), and then there's his gloved arm. Anakin also bulked up quite a bit (except for the reshoots when Hayden lost some of the muscle ), so I don't think a reuse would be any good there.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Padme (Battle--perhaps with alternate head to make Sabe)
    Padmé's battle gear was the same as every other handmaiden except Sabé, who was in the decoy queen getup at the time.

I'll post my list in a little bit.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    10. Sebulba - the most important podracer. He could have a removeable "biker leather vest" and head sculpts with and without his racing helmet and googles on.
    The POTJ Sebulba had removable helmet/goggles, so I don't think he'd need alternative head sculpts.

Anyway, here are my choices:

Qui-Gon
    Obi Wan (one body with a different head sculpt for each film would probably be fine for me)
    Darth Maul
    Anakin (Tatooine)
    Padme (Theed Battle Dress)
    Jar Jar
    Sebulba
    Watto
    Boss Nass
    Nute Gunray
    Rune Haako
    Battle Droid
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

*Qui-Gon Jinn
    *Obi-Wan Kenobi
    *Anakin Skywalker (Tatooine)
    *Queen Amidala (Battle)
    *Queen Amidala (Theed Invasion - Red Dress)
    *Jar Jar Binks
    *Darth Maul
    *Battle Droid
    *C-3PO
    *Destroyer Droid
    *Watto
    *Sebulba

I think several of the Jedi Council members are must-haves, but I can wait until AOTC or ROTS for most of them, as they don't really do anything in TPM except sit and stand.

The existing versions of Watto and Sebulba in this line are pretty good, but I'd love to see all-new versions.

You are correct, Senor JabbaJohnL.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

1. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    2. Qui-Gon Jinn
    3. Darth Maul
    4. Padme-Theed Battle
    5. Battle Droid
    6. Darth Sidious
    7. Sen. Palpatine
    8. Anakin-Tatooine
    9. Jar-Jar Binks
    10. Watto
    11. Sebulba
    12. Destroyer Droid

JabbaJohn, I think the intent of the poll is to start over. We don't even know for certain the size of the figures, but we only get 12 from each movie.

So even if "existing figures" are good, if the character's essential, we have to have 'em.

We haven't done AOTC and ROTS yet, but because there are enough costume changes, we can't have multiple head sculpts packed in with Obi and Ani according to MSP.

Meanwhile, I'm saving my vote for a Destroyer Droid for the AOTC allotment. All 3 major types of TF combat droids are necessary for the PT collection, but you can space them out. I find the AOTC list has the most room for them.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    JabbaJohn, I think the intent of the poll is to start over. We don't even know for certain the size of the figures, but we only get 12 from each movie.
    Actually, we will get at least 12 from each movie. After the six movie rounds, we will have an OT round, a PT round, and then 4 rounds that are open to all 6 movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    We haven't done AOTC and ROTS yet, but because there are enough costume changes, we can't have multiple head sculpts packed in with Obi and Ani according to MSP.
    I would probably concur with JabbaJohn that Obi-Wan and Anakin need to have different versions for each of the prequels, but I guess if enough people felt that one Obi-Wan with multiple heads would suffice, then that is the way the poll would go. I'm trying to avoid telling people how they should vote, especially since it is kind of hard to come up with good, consistent rules that would apply to all of the characters, and not knowing what would be reasonable or even feasible in a theoretical "ultimate version" of a figure. The only instructions I would give would be for people to try to approach it from the perspective of the thread title - "Essential Characters." I'll explain more of my thought process later, as it is time for me to get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho

So even if "existing figures" are good, if the character's essential, we have to have 'em.
    Yeah, I know. I guess my language wasn't clear enough - I was just musing on the fact that, in the current, Hasbro-produced 3 3/4" scale line, I would like to see updated versions of Sebulba and Watto.

On the Ani/Obi body issue, I'm treating this like this hypothetical line would have the ultimate, perfect versions of these figures, and saying "Eh, I kind of remember those guys' outfits being the same movie-to-movie" doesn't line up with that vision for the line, which is why I don't support it. It would be like reusing X-wing pilot gear for Snowspeeder pilots, or using one Vader for his many different appearances, or not giving Han different-colored pants for his different appearances - most people might not notice or care, but I think those differences are all worth recognizing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    C-3PO should also make the ANH list, but I am less certain about doing one version of C-3PO working for all movies. There was an AOTC figure that had removable coverings. Perhaps an ultimate version could have different sets of removable coverings and limbs to make him resemble any of his appearances.
    I doubt they could pull this off well, but I'm not even sure prequel 3PO is important enough to those stories to make this list. Still, it's an interesting idea, but I think like Luke there's no way to do it in "ultimate" quality with 1 figure.

Finally, Padmé has many different appearances in TPM, which will make it difficult to choose which version(s) are most essential. If she was like a mini Barbie doll that came with multiple outfits, one figure could work. However, if we can do that with one character, we could do it with just about any character.
    She has 11 outfits in the film, multiple makeup looks, every single one is different hair as well. I don't really know how they could deliver anything that could handle all that in 1 package, and no way cloth will work with how complex the costumes are. You could maybe think snap-on outfits a la Polly Pocket but they'd barely be able to move, doesn't sound so ultimate. So yeah, every figure should be separate.

So, my suggestions would be:

Don't vote for R2-D2 in any subsequent polls.
    Consider each Padmé outfit to be a different figure.
    Vote for C-3PO only if you think the ANH version could not be made to work for a TPM or AOTC figure.

It could be that with the limited space in this poll, many of you would not find those versions essential enough to put on your lists anyway. So, I am inclined to just let people vote and see how things play out. What do you all think?
    Sounds right on the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Sure. However, my thought is that if you think C-3PO is more essential than Greedo, you should vote for C-3PO in the first round.

Edit - I see now what you said about the ESB version being more essential, and your explanation.
    Interesting. My list was exclusive to ANH, I wrote it thinking only about that film. I don't know how my lists work interacting with that later, I guess we'll find out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Here is my list. Kind of hard to decide.

Anakin - Tatooine
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Watto
    Boss Nass
    Jar Jar
    Destroyer Droid
    Battle Droid
    Padmé - Battle
    Captain Panaka
    Darth Maul
    Sebulba