Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Qui-Gon
    Maul
    Obi-Wan
    Battle Droid
    Security Battle Droid (hmm, how to we reconcile this one? Same figure?)
    Destroyer Droid
    Jar Jar
    Gungan Warrior
    Padme (end battle)
    Captain Panaka
    Queen Amidala (opening scene)
    Anakin

I must confess, the last 6 were a total struggle, I can barely care about them, there's really nothing inspiring about those characters as figures, I wouldn't buy them again, they really don't mean much to my larger saga collection, but in the "gotta fill the list" list they're the top 6 choices I guess, they're the most interesting as figures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

TPM list... ugh....

1. Qui-Gon Jinn
    2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
    3. Anakin Skywalker (with Podracer helmet and Naboo Pilot helmet)
    4. Jar Jar Binks
    5. Padme (Tatooine peasant girl outfit)
    6. Queen Amidala (final battle outfit)
    7. Darth Maul
    8. Battle Droid
    9. Darth Sidious
    10. Watto
    11. Sebulba
    12. Captain Panaka

...yawn....

Yeah, these are all essential to the film, but there are only two or three that I would actually buy at this point (Anakin, Watto and Sebulba).

Well, since we have received no new votes for ANH in the past week, I would like to go ahead and close that poll and move on to ESB. However, there is a tie for the 12th spot between Greedo and Tarkin. Since neither of those will figure into the ESB poll, we can have a runoff for those two figures while we move on to ESB.

First, here are the results of the ANH Poll

Seven figures were unanimous choices, receiving 9 votes each:

Tied for 1st - 9 Votes
    Luke Skywalker - Tatooine Farmboy
    Han Solo
    Princess Leia
    Chewbacca
    Stormtrooper
    Ben Kenobi
    R2-D2

Tied for 8th - 8 Votes
    C-3PO
    Darth Vader

Tied for 10th - 6 Votes
    Jawa
    Tusken Raider

Tied for 12th - 5 Votes
    Tarkin
    Greedo

So, for now there are three things to vote for:

1. Vote for either Tarkin or Greedo to determine the 12th spot in the ANH poll.
    2. Vote for your top 12 TPM figures if you have not already.
    3. Vote for your top 12 ESB figures.

I'll vote for Greedo over Tarkin for a few reasons. First, he's an alien which would be a lot more exciting to a kid than some old guy. Secondly, his scene helped define the personality of a core character. Finally, he died in a shootout with said core character, so his play value factor is instantly higher than Tarkin's.

12 ESB figures:

1. Luke Hoth
    2. Luke Bespin
    3. Leia Hoth
    4. Han Hoth
    5. Han Bespin
    6. Leia Bespin Gown
    7. Lando Calrissian
    8. Snowtrooper
    9. Yoda
    10. Boba Fett
    11. C-3PO removable limbs
    12. Imperial Officer (generic to stand in for Veers, Piett, Ozzel, Needa etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    Hmm. I hate to say it, but I'd vote for Greedo over Tarkin in that scenario, even though I'd rather have Tarkin than Greedo, Greedo is a better "essential characters" character for ANH.

So, ESB, in no particular order:
    Luke Hoth
    Han Hoth
    Lando
    Luke Bespin
    Snowtrooper
    2-1B
    Power Droid
    Han Bespin
    Leia Bespin Escape
    Yoda
    Boba Fett
    Hoth Rebel Trooper

(just missing the cut: Leia Hoth, Luke Snowspeeder, Lobot... anybody else who starts with an "L"?)

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Greedo over Tarkin.

In ANH play, Vader can lead the stormtroopers, even if "there is no big enemy that actually gets defeated in play." Greedo establishes Han Solo's problems with Jabba the Hutt and begins telling that storyline - even in the SE before we actually see Jabba.

Han Hoth (Bespins not required)
    Leia Hoth (Bespins not required)
    Luke Hoth (kids can use ANH Luke for Bespin)
    Hoth Rebel (the guys in the trench with alternative head sculpts - not the tan vest)
    Snowtrooper
    Tie Pilot
    Luke X-wing (snowspeeder is too scene specific)
    Yoda (should be the definitive figure with PT lightsaber and new and old robes included)
    Lando Bespin
    Bespin Guard (probably with alternative head and hand sculpts)
    IG-88 (Clone Wars tie-in and a challenger for Boba Fett)
    Boba Fett (I'll support using either armor color here)

The Hoth scenerio is unique for play. The characters need to be in specialized clothing that protects them from the environment. And there needs to be troops.

If Han, Leia, and Luke wore their basic ANH wardrobe on Bespin, it would have had little effect on the possible action (the canina vest, the white dress with hair in buns, and the farm boy clothes). Kids could play out the essential action of the 5th Star Wars episode.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

For those voting for a Hoth Rebel, what did you have in mind? The current brown vest version in the TVC line - http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC68EchoBase.asp, or something like The Legacy Collection soldier - http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC42Hoth1.asp ?

Edit - Actually, unless someone votes for both versions, I could just accept the votes as they are and when we are done with this round, we can have a vote to determine which version, assuming it makes the top 12. That way, the Hoth Rebel Soldier vote is not diluted if enough people feel one should be made.

Greedo or Tarkin? No contest for me, Greedo all the way! If I could only buy one figure from ANH, it would be Greedo! Whilst he's not one of the core characters, as a kid I always got more play value out of him - I wouldn't just re-enact the films, but would also make up my own stories, and Greedo was often the central character. And even now, VTSC Greedo (with swapped vest) is my favourite figure in the modern line.

I'll come back later with my ESB votes.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

So, for now there are three things to vote for:

2. Vote for your top 12 TPM figures if you have not already.
    3. Vote for your top 12 ESB figures.
    1. Oops; I didn't realize I missed the cut-off. But I'd go Tarkin (because I know Beedo will get massive votes in ROJ! ) for ANH.

2. My TPM:
    - Qui-Gon (breather, removable cloak)
    - Padawan Obi-Wan (breather, removable cloak)
    - Young Anakin (removable helmet, backpack)
    - Queen Amidala (red/hanger headress outfit)
    - Queen Amidala (Tatooine outfit)
    - Capt. Panaka
    - Battle Droid
    - Watto
    - Naboo Royal Guard
    - Jar Jar
    - Darth Maul
    - Senator Palpatine

3. My ESB:
    - Bespin Luke
    - Hoth Luke
    - Hoth Han
    - Long sleeves [Bespin] Han
    - Bespin Lando
    - Yoda
    - Hoth Rebel Soldier
    - Bespin Security
    - Boba Fett
    - Snowtrooper
    - Hoth Leia
    - Bossk (hey, only non-Fett bounty hunter with dialogue! )
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

For those voting for a Hoth Rebel, what did you have in mind? The current brown vest version in the TVC line - http://www.rebelscum.com/TVC68EchoBase.asp, or something like The Legacy Collection soldier - http://www.rebelscum.com/TLC42Hoth1.asp ?

Edit - Actually, unless someone votes for both versions, I could just accept the votes as they are and when we are done with this round, we can have a vote to determine which version, assuming it makes the top 12. That way, the Hoth Rebel Soldier vote is not diluted if enough people feel one should be made.
    The latter all the way for me, I forgot that one is a "Soldier" and the other is a "Trooper", sorry about that, I'll change that in my post.

Although the gang-vote will help it get in, I would think that if a significant portion aren't getting to vote for what they intended, they will be confused and/or frustrated that their votes helped a different guy get in. Tough to decide on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    - Long sleeves [Bespin] Han
    What does this mean? I'm totally curious, never heard anyone describe it this way. Is that black coat Han, or Han without coat but before the Carbonite chamber binders cinched his sleeves up, or what?