Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    I stand corrected. It's been a while since I read those (not my favorite EU stories as it's obvious why).

Thank you for the excerpts.

Meanwhile, that disturbing enough for you Chux?

I don't like that happening to Leia.

Maybe Shannon Dougherty would deserve it and Avril Lavigne could handle it. But not my childhood Princess.

That being said, I just need to grow up and handle it. That's how the world works.

But if that's the case, why didn't Jabba have her dance completely naked?

I guess it was a cabaret show.

But I do like the angle of Leia being "given" to Boba Fett for 2 reasons:

1) it's safe since Fett behaves honorably and kind to her, even though that wasn't Jabba's intention at all of course
    2) it shows that Jabba was a base as he was supposed to be, and forced the rape of his female slaves like Oola

That latter point is just added "adult" realism so that Star Wars goes beyond what we as kids could understand (but denied to ourselves if we ever did suspect it).

Interesting discussion.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't have a problem with Fett taking a high ground (comparatively) and saying something like "Not interested" or "You're not my type" or "I'm not into that sort of forcible thing." He could've even calmly put a stop to it by saying something like, "Okay, boys, that's enough." But to give a hackneyed speech about how premarital nookie is wrong was ridiculously inconsistent with the character as he was portrayed before and since.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

So, it looks like Leia Boushh leads 6-3, so my vote won't make a difference (I was going to vote for Leia).

So, now that the three OT movie polls are complete, we can move on to the next round in which you can select 12 figures from any of the OT movies. Here is a reminder of what has made the list so far:

A New Hope
    C-3PO
    Chewbacca
    Darth Vader
    Greedo
    Han Solo
    Jawa
    Luke Skywalker - Tatooine
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Princess Leia
    R2-D2
    Stormtrooper
    Tusken Raider

The Empire Strikes Back
    Bespin Guard
    Boba Fett
    Bossk
    Han Solo - Bespin
    Han Solo - Hoth
    Hoth Rebel Soldier - trenches
    Lando Calrissian
    Leia - Hoth
    Luke Skywalker - Bespin
    Luke Skywalker - Hoth
    Snowtrooper
    Yoda

Return of the Jedi

Admiral Ackbar
    Bib Fortuna
    Biker Scout
    Emperor
    Gamorrean Guard
    Han Solo - Endor
    Lando - Skiff Guard Disguise
    Leia - Boushh Disguise
    Leia - Jabba's Slave
    Luke Skywalker - Jedi
    Royal Guard
    Wicket

So, you can now submit your votes for the next 12 OT figures you think should be on the list.

1) TIE Pilot
    2) Luke X-wing
    3) Grand Moff Tarkin
    4) Ponda Baba

5) IG-88 (the OT line needs more varrying droids, the IG's even fought during the prequels - though diff. models)
    6) Death Star Trooper (Imperial Naval Trooper)
    7) General Veers
    8) Ugnaught (continues establishing Bespin - ESB's only populated exotic world)

(dang the AT-AT Driver and Wedge are close-runners-up! - but there's no vehicles described as being made in MSP's new toy line and if push came to shove, Snowtroopers could drive the AT-AT.)

9) Endor Rebel Solider (a troop builder and Han needs a unit to command)

10) Logray (the Ewoks need their leader who's even a fighter in ROTJ)

11) Weequay (Jabba's needs more scum and villainy and there were many Weequays and Niktos - but more Weequays - and sorry BigB, not as many Klatoonians)

12) Leia Endor (I guess this line will have 3 Leias. I wouldn't have voted 2 from Tatooine right off the bat, but it's done... and Leia during the forrest battle is important)

Han Carbonite and Lando General were very close runners-up. The Han Carbonite should have been done with a removeable black vest and a packed-in trench coat. I think a frozen Han is very important to the OT plot and his character's adventure, but we have a Han Endor already on the list, so twice is redundant. Lando's just got a cool outfit and he commands the mission that destroyed the 2nd Death Star. But I guess he can fly in his skiff guard outfit. He had to when they left Tatooine anyway.

OTHER VOTERS, please note, I don't mean to set a precedent by voting for 4 from each movie. I just wanted to vote that way and found important figures to include. I think you can vote for all 12 being from one movie, or any other which way you wanted.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    OTHER VOTERS, please note, I don't mean to set a precedent by voting for 4 from each movie. I just wanted to vote that way and found important figures to include. I think you can vote for all 12 being from one movie, or any other which way you wanted.
    This is correct.

1. Darth Vader
    2. C3P0
    3. R2-D2
    4. Stormtrooper
    5. Chewbacca
    6. Han-Bespin
    7. Emperor
    8. Luke-Bespin
    9. Boba Fett
    10. Leia-Hoth
    11. Wicket
    12. Lando Calrissian-ESB

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    1. Darth Vader
    2. C3P0
    3. R2-D2
    4. Stormtrooper
    5. Chewbacca
    6. Han-Bespin
    7. Emperor
    8. Luke-Bespin
    9. Boba Fett
    10. Leia-Hoth
    11. Wicket
    12. Lando Calrissian-ESB
    We're not voting for 12 figures from MSP's OT list, we are voting for 12 figures in addition to the 36 figures MSP posted above.

My 12 in no particular order:
    1. X-Wing Luke (who can stand in for every Rebel Pilot just like in the vintage days)
    2. TIE Fighter Pilot
    3. Leia Endor
    4. Ponda Baba
    5. Imperial Officer (a generic one that can stand in for all the grey-suited Imperials in the films)
    6. Weequay
    7. Squidhead
    8. Ree-Yees
    9. Paploo
    10. Logray
    11. Nein Nunb
    12. Lando General

Tycho, there were actually more Niktos in Jabba's employ than Weequays. 4 Niktos (Nysad, Vizam, Vedain, Vintage Nikto), verses only 3 Weequays. Although those numbers are up for interpretation. If we count Lathe as a separate character from Nysad, then we get 5 Niktos. Adding in the Special Edition gives us 4 Weequays. So if anything, they are about the same. Unless we also count the Green Niktos as well as the Red Niktos, then we get 8-9 Niktos versus only 4 Weequays; but I'd rather not, because I think the whole green/red Nikto thing is lame. If we are only counting Niktos and Weequays that were visible during the Skiff battle, then we get 4 Red Niktos and only 3 Weequays.

Either way, I voted for Weequay because he's standing right behind Luke just before Luke gets tossed off the Skiff, so he's the most prominent. As much as I like Kithaba and Barada, I just can't justify them in a poll like this.

BigB, Thanks for clearing up snowtrooper's mistake. I debated saying something but I didn't want to overstep my boundaries since this is mad planet powers' arena to administrate. But he's probably working like I should be.

Yeah the directions are to choose 12 original trilogy figures that are not on mad slanted powers list of 36 that we voted for already.

Meanwhile I just think weequays look cooler than niktos if I could only choose 1

1. Grand Moff Tarkin
    2. Dr. Evazan
    3. IG-88
    4. Nien Nunb
    5. Princess Leia: Endor Fatigues
    6. Teebo (tough to limit to one Ewok, but he's the next coolest-looking)
    7. Figrin D'an
    8. 2-1B
    9. Dengar
    10. Ponda Baba
    11. Zuckuss
    12. 4-LOM

Seems odd to me that ESB has fewer possible figures that seem necessary, yet, even with guys like Tarkin and Evazan and the Ewoks not on the list, the ones that are must-haves really are must-haves and I wound up with more from ESB than the other movies. And I only picked three from ROTJ, though it has far more possibilities than the other two (perhaps even put together).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Sorry bout that guys. I looked without reading closely and made the wrong assumption. Here's my corrected list.

1. Tarkin
    2. Luke X-Wing
    3. Captain Piet-This could count as a vote for Imperial Officer if need be. As BigB pointed out, he could stand in for any imperial officer.
    4. Ponda Baba
    5. IG-88
    6. Dengar
    7. Rebel Fleet Trooper
    8. TIE Pilot
    9. AT-AT Driver
    10. General Veers-AT-AT cockpit
    11. Luke-Endor
    12. Death Star Trooper