Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Seems odd to me that ESB has fewer possible figures that seem necessary, yet, even with guys like Tarkin and Evazan and the Ewoks not on the list, the ones that are must-haves really are must-haves and I wound up with more from ESB than the other movies. And I only picked three from ROTJ, though it has far more possibilities than the other two (perhaps even put together).
    That's because a lot of people want to complete the bounty hunters.

In theory, and the EU, they can be interesting. They're outside the law and all have specialized skills, plus they're aliens (most of 'em).

But I'm not one of those going for ALL the bounty hunters.

In the movie, none of them except Boba Fett does anything. There are a lot more characters, including other aliens, that actually DO something or if you forego some of the hunters, you're left with other figures that can set the stage for other SW environments.

Now some people's favorite thing are the bounty hunters. And that's cool.

I voted for IG-88 besides Fett. IG is a Droid and so few of them are making our list (the Gonk Power Droid is on my shortlist for the "environment figure" as it fits in everywhere - but IG-88 is more interesting as a hunter). And Boba Fett does need competition, and it looks like he had to fight IG-88 off-camera during ESB, because IG's parts are in the Bespin smelting room when Chewie rescues Threepio. On top of that, Mandalorian-armored Clones versus the war droids is central to the prequel trilogy, and there's not too much difference between IG-88 and IG-86.

Now if Bossk hadn't already made the list from a lot of other people's votes, I might have prioritized him over the Ugnaught - but I like the idea of wild variances in shape and sizes of my SW characters. (Too bad Jabba The Hutt doesn't qualify as a "figure" for this poll). Anyway, the Ugnaught sets the stage for Bespin like the aliens for the cantina and the Ewoks for Endor, the Jawas (and Tuskens) for Tatooine and the skiff guards for Jabba's. That's the same thing like the Gungans, Podracers, Senators, Kaminoans, Geonosians, Utai, P'auns, Polis Massi, Mustafarians, and the miners. Kind of have to have them to recreate play where your intention is for the action to take place.

Anyway, after all my explaining and dialogue, I'll repost my list so it's clear:

1) TIE Pilot
    2) Luke X-wing
    3) Grand Moff Tarkin
    4) Ponda Baba
    5) IG-88
    6) Death Star Trooper
    7) General Veers
    8) Ugnaught
    9) Endor Rebel Solider
    10) Logray
    11) Weequay
    12) Leia Endor
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Alphabetical list:

2-1B
    Endor Rebel Trooper
    IG-88
    Imperial Officer
    Leia Bespin Escape
    Leia Endor Battle Fatigues
    Luke Snowspeeder
    Luke X-wing
    Power Droid
    TIE Pilot
    Tarkin
    Weequay

So, 8 of those are stuff from my previous votes that didn't win. I found voting for 12 figures out of the entirety of the OT more difficult than just going with 12 from a single movie.

Also, the Imp Officer beat out the Rebel Fleet Trooper on my list mainly because the Rebels are so visually boring compared to the Imps, you put an Imp Officer in front of a squad of Stormies and you've got a sweet display, you put General Dodonna in front of a squad of RFTs and you've got yourself a laughingstock.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

1. Ponda Baba
    2. Dr Evazan
    3. Figrin D'an
    4. Tarkin
    5. Wedge (X-Wing Pilot)
    6. Ugnaught
    7. Zuckuss
    8. Leia - Bespin gown
    9. 2-1B
    10. Nien Nunb
    11. Logray
    12. Tessek (aka Squidhead)
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

Here are my votes for ROTS:

Anakin Skywalker
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Bail Organa
    Commander Cody
    General Grievous
    Magnaguard
    Padmé - Mustafar
    Palpatine - Jedi Duel
    501st Trooper
    Shock Trooper
    Agan Kolar
    Yoda

So, here are the results for the ROTS poll:

Tied for 1st - 10 Votes
    Anakin Skywalker
    General Grievous

3rd Place - 9 Votes

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Tied for 4th - 8 Votes
    Bail Organa
    Commander Cody

6th Place - 7 Votes

Magnaguard

7th Place - 6 Votes

Palpatine - Senate Duel

Tied for 8th - 5 Votes

501st Trooper
    Shock Trooper
    Saesee Tiin

Tied for 11th - 4 Votes

Aayla Secura
    Padmé - Mustafar
    Palpatine - Jedi Duel
    Tarfful
    Wookie Warrior
    Yoda

So, we have 6 figures tied for the final two spots. We shall attempt a run-off.

Vote for TWO (2) of the following figures:

Aayla Secura
    Padmé - Mustafar
    Palpatine - Jedi Duel
    Tarfful
    Wookie Warrior
    Yoda

Tarfful
    Wookiee Warrior
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

You mean that two Palpatines made the list?

For the runoff, Tarfull and Aayla, no contest.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You mean that two Palpatines made the list?

For the runoff, Tarfull and Aayla, no contest.
    I think that Chux includes all 6 of the films (didn't our ROJ have Palpy?).

I also concur by agreeing with the same two, too: Mr. Tarfull and Ms. Secura.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I meant, counting the runoff, there were two ROTS Palpatines.

AKA two crappy rubber masks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.