Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 189
  1. #151
    Yoda and Palpatine, they're more important to the story and they have long action sequences, and they look considerably different from their other figures' appearances that have so far made the list.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  2. #152
    And their action scenes are both corny and pedestrian.

    A-ha! Can't dispute that, can you, Farnsworth?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  3. #153
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    And their action scenes are both corny and pedestrian.

    A-ha! Can't dispute that, can you, Farnsworth?
    Corny yes, pedestrian? That's another story. The prequels aren't terribly good, so what metric can you judge any of this by? The Wookiee scenes are entirely pointless, Aayla doesn't do anything important, and Padme is a very boring character in the film with no action scenes - she's just an object to set things in motion, so out of my limited choices I stick with the ones that best serve the story and the need for action figure toys that are exciting. In any case, you can say they're generic action scenes, they have a unique flavor - like tobacco and clam ice cream. (points to anybody who gets that reference)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  4. #154
    Aayla and the Wookiees look cool. Yoda and Palpatine, well, yeah, but not so different from any other look they've sported that I'd feel at this point it's necessary to have them, especially in a hypothetical line of only 144 figures.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  5. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Aayla and the Wookiees look cool. Yoda and Palpatine, well, yeah, but not so different from any other look they've sported that I'd feel at this point it's necessary to have them, especially in a hypothetical line of only 144 figures.
    Prequel Yoda and Palps look different from OT versions, this thread does not have prequel versions of either character as they looked in the majority of the PT, the Palpatine that did make this list - Palpatine Senate Duel - is post-meltyface. Meanwhile, you know what else looks cool in Star Wars? 75% of everything at least. Not everything can make this list though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #156
    Not to add another list (LISTS... :drool: ), but the OT Kenner line didn't really have all that many repeat figures in the line:

    LUKE SKYWALKER
    (Farmboy, X-Wing, Bespin, Hoth, Jedi, Endor, Stormtrooper)
    HAN SOLO
    (Vest, Bespin, Hoth, Trench Coat, Carbonite)
    PRINCESS LEIA
    (White, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Boushh)
    SEE-THREEPIO
    (Together, Apart)
    ARTOO-DEETOO
    (No Stuff, Sensor Scope, Lightsaber)
    LANDO CALRISSIAN
    (Bespin, Skiff, General)
    BESPIN GUARD
    (Person of No Color, Person of Color)
    SNAGGLETOOTH
    (Correct, Wrong)
    KLAATU
    (Skiff, Palace)

    So, having just one of a character isn't so bad. Especially for the "first 144," which assumes later figures.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

  7. #157
    I dunno; maybe I'm taking a different approach, thinking "With 144 figures, sacrifices have to be made." Making lots of scene-specific figures that are accurate will deprive a lot of potential figures from making the cut, and similar figures should be consolidated even if the result isn't 100% accurate.

    Also, I try to ignore that the Senate duel happened. Aside from Yoda basically pimp-slapping the Royal Guards with the Force, it was ridiculous.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  8. #158
    As much as I love the wookiees, and almost voted for both in the tie breaker, I would really want a prequel Yoda, so....

    Yoda and Tarfful
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

  9. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Not to add another list (LISTS... :drool: ), but the OT Kenner line didn't really have all that many repeat figures in the line:

    LUKE SKYWALKER
    (Farmboy, X-Wing, Bespin, Hoth, Jedi, Endor, Stormtrooper)
    HAN SOLO
    (Vest, Bespin, Hoth, Trench Coat, Carbonite)
    PRINCESS LEIA
    (White, Hoth, Bespin, Endor, Boushh)
    SEE-THREEPIO
    (Together, Apart)
    ARTOO-DEETOO
    (No Stuff, Sensor Scope, Lightsaber)
    LANDO CALRISSIAN
    (Bespin, Skiff, General)
    BESPIN GUARD
    (Person of No Color, Person of Color)
    SNAGGLETOOTH
    (Correct, Wrong)
    KLAATU
    (Skiff, Palace)

    So, having just one of a character isn't so bad. Especially for the "first 144," which assumes later figures.
    But it's not the same character in a lot of ways, before he melted his face he's Senator/Chancellor/Super Secret Sith Palpatine, and once his face is melted he's Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine.


    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I dunno; maybe I'm taking a different approach, thinking "With 144 figures, sacrifices have to be made." Making lots of scene-specific figures that are accurate will deprive a lot of potential figures from making the cut, and similar figures should be consolidated even if the result isn't 100% accurate.

    Also, I try to ignore that the Senate duel happened. Aside from Yoda basically pimp-slapping the Royal Guards with the Force, it was ridiculous.
    Once seen, it cannot be unseen... without ECT anyway, ask Carrie Fisher. While I'd like to pretend the prequels in general never happened, we're creating a line for the sources we have, not the sources we'd like to have.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #160
    I've been organizing our results into case breakdowns and a plan to release 144 figures.

    In year 1, we'd have 41 figures, including one of the only cases of 12 new figures to start it off. I haven't had plans that made sense yet to re-release another.

    Anyway, I took 2 figures from each of the 6 movies and made a case of 12. In later waves, I repeat an older figure and put in one new one, so there's 6 new figures per wave.

    Here's how it's going. First-time release figures are regular print. Repeats are itallic. What do you think?


    Case 1 (Jan/Feb)

    Han Solo (ANH vest)
    Chewbacca
    Snowtrooper
    Boba Fett
    Jedi Luke
    Leia Boussh
    Darth Maul
    Battle Droid
    Anakin Skywalker Padawan
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight
    General Grievous
    Magna Droid

    Case 2 (Mar / Apr)

    Darth Vader
    Han Solo
    Yoda
    Boba Fett
    Gamorrean Guard
    Leia Boussh
    Obi-Wan Padawan
    Battle Droid
    Super Battle Droid
    Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Knight
    Commander Cody
    General Grievous

    Case 3 (May / Jun)

    Stormtrooper
    Chewbacca
    Lando
    Snowtrooper
    Bib Fortuna
    Jedi Luke
    Qui-Gon Jinn
    Darth Maul
    Jango Fett
    Anakiin Padawan
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Master)
    Magna Droid

    Case 4 (July / Aug)

    R2D2
    Darth Vader
    Bespin Luke
    Yoda
    Slave Leia
    Gamorrean Guard
    Sebulba
    Obi-Wan Padawan
    Mace Windu
    Super Battle Droid
    Bail Organa
    Commander Cody

    I'll pause here to have a discussion.

    In case 2, Han Solo and Leia Boussh might pegwarm. By case 3, there is no female figure, or version of Han Solo, so they'll eventually clear out before Slave Leia hits in case 4 (and she always sells). The Jabba The Hutt scenerio is evolving too, with the Gamorrean being a surely popular release.

    I got out Imperial Stormtroopers (Hoth first, then regular) to keep something essential to the OT line out front. I'm concerned that there are no more Hoth characters up front, but Vader can command the Snowtroopers and Chewbacca can fight them for sure - as could ANH Han if a kid were just playing (though he at least does wear the Bespin jacket even on Hoth. (Han's arms will get cold!)

    The Droid Army is getting well developed and the E2 Anakin and Obi-Wan can fight them, also similar to Clone Wars.

    The Episode One Jedi Duel is complete and TPM develops slowly, with popular figures (to fight Darth Maul) right out up front so it won't pegwarm.

    R2D2 comes in late, and there's no sign of C-3PO yet (there will be, but not in the first 4 cases).

    Padme is also missing, but we voted for her TPM and AOTC figures and ROTS is still in a run-off. So 2 of her figures are on the way. Maybe demand would build for her due to her noticeable absense.

    All Obi-Wan's prequel figures come out early and might start to pegwarm. Sometimes there are 2 versions of him in the same case. But with Maul and Grievous out there, not to mention Cody and a lot of Battle Droids, his character-interaction potential's great. Don't forget that there's ANH Obi-Wan waiting in the wings and we might vote for a Ghost Obi-Wan from ESB / ROTJ yet.

    Anyway, this would be the first part of the first year, and take the audience up to the Comic Con reveals. What do you think so far? (this is what the group voted for).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO