Hybrid View

The Galactic Files

A friend's been telling me about this new set of cards for a while. Now here's the official word.

The Largest, Most Comprehensive Star Wars Trading Card Set. Ever.

This fall, celebrate the 35th anniversary of Star Wars with Star Wars Galactic Files, the most epic Star Wars set Topps has ever produced:
    •350 Card Base Set
    •Three Levels of Base Card Parallels: Blue (350 per subject), Red (35 per subject) and 1/1 Gold
    •10 Card "Duels of Fate" Set (1:6 Packs)
    •8 Card "I Have a Bad Feeling About This" Set (1:4 packs)
    •10 Card "Classic Lines" Set (1:4 Packs)
    •10 Card "Heroes on Both Sides" Set (1:6 Packs)
    •20 Card Foil Set (1:6 Packs)
    •Artist Sketch Cards (1:Box)
    •Plus One Manufactured Patch (Relic) Card or One Autograph Per Box. Signers include Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Ray Park, and more!

One word: insane. It could easily take you years to complete a basic set.

I hope Topps has a set of Galactic Files on display at C6.

FYI: my same source said Topps is no longer release promo cards. No value or something in it.

Sounds cool. Definitely interested in the set, but yeah, it'd seem to be not so easy to complete one via packs (maybe even by buying whole boxes). Wonder what the per-pack price'll be.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

The per-pack price has me worried, since the Galaxy 7 cards were $3 a pack. And since there are 12 cards per pack, I could easily see $5.

We could almost buy our own shipping for that!
    But who's gonna handle it kid, you?
    You bet; I'm not such a bad postage sender myself-!

Yeah, I could see five bucks per.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

So, for those who attended Comic-Con this past weekend, any mention of this card series there? Any Topps presence there at all, for any products?

I won an auction for the 4 CVI promo cards (Yavin Ceremony heroes), and am awaiting their arrival. It shows online that Wed. 9/26 is the expected release date: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...galactic-files