Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    The big flea market was this weekend. One vendor had the GF2 for sale, $5.50 a pack. I was tempted...for two seconds but couldn't bring myself to cough up five bucks for a back.

I did handle a pack. Nice and heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Starting to think these won't be at retail.
    These aren't coming to retail. And neither is the set slated for November.

But I'm happy to say I'm now the proud owner of a complete GF 2 set. My club had its annual fall festival over the weekend, and the club's big card collector has sets for sale. Paid a little more than I'd like but I have them. Been so busy that I haven't had the chance to look through them all.

I really haven't had a chance to read any of them, but I too now own a GF2 set, plus the Classic Lines and Weak Minded subsets (and a fold-out poster, too). It was a good online deal.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I've been checking out some of the card backs. The good: stats for Han in Carbonite card, learning that Gen. Mcquarrie's first name was Pharl. The odd: stats for Luke and Leia babies' cards, too much italics on one card, giving Palpatine a 1 level Force Power stat, not putting similar parts of the films (or characters) next to each other in the card order. The bad: some cards having the same card # and picture on the "check these other cards" bottom.

It's not bad, but apparently EVERY SINGLE STAR WARS CHARACTER SEEN ON FILM will be featured in this series, I guess.

Here's why you should get this series: cards #552, 555, and 557. These feature, in order: Jaxxon, Noa Briqualon, and Teek. But here's why El Chuxter will NOT get card #557: on their scale of 10, Teek's speed is a mere 7.

There are some interesting EU characters featured in this, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    I've been checking out some of the card backs. The good: stats for Han in Carbonite card, learning that Gen. Mcquarrie's first name was Pharl. The odd: stats for Luke and Leia babies' cards, too much italics on one card, giving Palpatine a 1 level Force Power stat, not putting similar parts of the films (or characters) next to each other in the card order. The bad: some cards having the same card # and picture on the "check these other cards" bottom.
    And you get Bob, aka Rebel fleet trooper #11 in the opening scene of ANH's card. : p

Bought the latest Insider with the promo cards. I might wait a bit longer before picking up a second one.

I finished reading all the card backs of this series. I realized that it seems like the cards from the Clue board game: people, places, weapons. I just wish they'd either use larger font or put in more information; those gaps (some fairly large) on the back simply scream for filling them in. Like, a different small photo, perhaps?