Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sideshow Collectibles Bossk Sideshow Exclusive Edition Scum and Villainy Six

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Very cool, he's not major enough of a character for me to drop that much coin on, but it's nice to see they're doing more stuff like this. I'll have to be happy with the Hasbro version, which was alright for its time.

He's a major one for me...think he looks pretty awesome.
    You're right...the Hasbro version is very good, actually one of their best...I still have it on display with the rest of my "Bossk" stuff....but seeing that gallery on the SS site with Bossk in some dynamic poses, well...I'm sold... can't wait!

I confess I nearly pulled the trigger on the preorder, knowing I could always kill the order later, but I don't like to do that too much. I think between Hasbro's version being so good, this being a lot of money, and the Tusken Raider shipping around that same time (this says Dec 12, Tusken has been pushed back to Nov 12), it's just not in the cards for me. Plus, the exclusive head doesn't do it for me at all, it's too extreme, so if I change my mind I can just get the regular version instead (although I try to always get SE usually). But overall it was a tough choice, I could have been swayed by almost anything, a 3rd set of hands even.

So, is the screaming head the only thing that's exclusive? I actually don't really care for that headsculpt too much, as JT said, it's too extreme. Maybe it wouldn't look so out of place if the body pose wasn't so static in contrast. Anyways, I might just wait to get the standard version. This is a major one for me though. It looks amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    So, is the screaming head the only thing that's exclusive? I actually don't really care for that headsculpt too much, as JT said, it's too extreme. Maybe it wouldn't look so out of place if the body pose wasn't so static in contrast. Anyways, I might just wait to get the standard version. This is a major one for me though. It looks amazing!
    Yes, the head is the sole exclusive add-on. It's a pretty significant exclusive too, I wonder if the non-exclusive will be cheaper for it (I doubt it tho).

I think what bugs me most about the head is the mouth opens too wide, and the teeth are way too detailed, it's like a horror piece rather than a Star Wars piece. They went too exaggerated when the look called for more restraint.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Looking at that exclusive head portrait, I immediately thought of this great Hasbro "Unleashed" figure:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOSSK-Unleashed01.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	26315

....and that's the dynamic pose I'll attempt with the Sideshow figure utilizing that snarling portrait.

Is the snarl and the teeth over the top? You bet! But I like how it gives us some more alternatives for display. I also think that snarl might be a nod to the more "action-oriented" Trandoshans we've seen featured on the SW:CW show...

Either way, it's a welcome addition to the offering for this Bossk fan...

Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Looking at that exclusive head portrait, I immediately thought of this great Hasbro "Unleashed" figure:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOSSK-Unleashed01.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	26315

....and that's the dynamic pose I'll attempt with the Sideshow figure utilizing that snarling portrait.

Is the snarl and the teeth over the top? You bet! But I like how it gives us some more alternatives for display. I also think that snarl might be a nod to the more "action-oriented" Trandoshans we've seen featured on the SW:CW show...

Either way, it's a welcome addition to the offering for this Bossk fan...
    For me, that snarl is as big as it should get, the teeth being bared that much. The Sideshow head though goes WAY beyond that, it's far more open and the teeth bigger and the way they're pronounced, they're bearing way more.

Can Sideshow's hips go that high? I haven't tried. You'll definitely need a stand to recreate that pose, I'm not even sure where Hasbro thought the figure's balance was supposed to be.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

160 bucks is a lot for a 2 minute scene. He looks great though. I quit buying sideshow do to the expanding cost, but I might have to make an exception.