Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And he's here! I like him a lot....he's gonna require some futzing, but I think he looks pretty cool...

Just a couple of quick shots for now...more to come this weekend....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOSSK-05.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	27069 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BOSSK-06.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	27070

Looks alright, although the lack of detailed weathering-style paint for the forearms and lower legs really stands out compared to the head.

Have you compared him yet to the Hasbro figure?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yes I have, JT.

First off...I don't know if photos really capture the weathering and paint apps as well as they could. It's actually very well done and looks good "in hand".

Now, indulge me here...I can't explain why, but Bossk has always been one of my SW favorites...I just think he's pretty cool. I've collected quite a number of different "Bossk" related things over the years, so I was pretty excited at the prospect of adding another lizard to the collection....so I'm gonna go on a bit here...

As for comparisons to the Hasbro version...well, that version of Bossk is one of my favorite Hasbro SW 12" figures ever...it's always been on display in my collection and has stood alongside the "higher end" figures without looking odd or cheap....

So when I first saw pictures of the Sideshow version, I was uncertain if they were producing something that was going to "replace" that Hasbro version and be a significant upgrade for that character. Well, after having this new version for a few days and really getting a good look at it, I can say "yes"...it is an improvement in many ways. It's great having a more articulated base body...it allows for some more expressive, "natural" poses...always a good thing.

The cut-n-sew here is exceptional...it's not only highly detailed and well-made, it actually has more to it than meets the eye to achieve a good fit on the base body...there is an "undersuit" (almost like long underwear...at least partially so) underneath the flight suit that helps prevent the suit from showing off the sockets and joints of the base body without limiting movement...it's an extra layer that really helps the appearance of the outfit on the figure. They also featured some great mixed media to help accesorize the suit...real wire and metal fittings, rubber tubing, plastic gaskets and rings and a good variety of fabric that work well visually together with textures that don't betray scale. The whole figure has some heft to it...a little bit of weight...more than the average figure.

The one thing about the limbs I was concerned about turned into a plus....and that's the break-points on the wrists and ankles, After years of having this character''s sixth-scale figure feature solid arms and legs (and looking great), I thought having these "breaks" in the lines on he limbs would be visually distracting,,,but they really aren't....especially when those breaks allow for "alternate" claw-hands and feet that give even more display opportunities...and that extra cool detail of featuring separate pieces for the claws...it just adds to the look in a great way that just having them painted would not.

The extra head is a fun bonus...and I'll feature some shots using it later...but I really like the "classic" look that the regular portrait features.

My only little gripe with this release is I wish Sideshow had included the deluxe stand (the ESB-inspired light-up one) that the other two ESB Bounty Hunters featured...or at least a "themed" stand like the one the Fett has (could've been gold and emblazoned with the logo featured on his arm patch)...but that doesn't detracted from how terrific and well-done this figure is for me...it just would've been nice.

Now...am I getting rid of my Hasbro Bossk? No way...that figure still looks great on display and holds a special spot in my complete SW collection...but Sideshow's new "upgrade" is a worthy effort...a great addition to the my "Bossk" collection...

Here's some more shots...

Name:	BOSSK-08.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	27084

With a metal friend...

Name:	BOSSK_IG88_01.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	27085

...and joined by one of the most infamous Bounty Hunters of all...

Name:	BOUNTY-HUNTERS-04.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	27086

Sure hope Sideshow tackles some more Bounty Hunters...they look pretty awesome displayed together!

Thanks for the detailed thoughts, and more pics.

Bossk is a standout character for a lot of OT fans, he resonates without having to do much, Boba Fett is largely the same so I think it's the same sort of draw, just that Bossk is more underground since he plays a smaller role.

I'm not seeing the cut & sew in photos the way it describes, every time I see it the stitching stands out like a sore thumb and kills scale, both on the flight suit and especially on the vest. I do see a lot of mixed media in your shots though, that looks really good. In comparing that to shots of Hasbro's version, the mixed media and the vest fall vastly short of the Sideshow.

The paint "weathering" on the head in your shots looks really good, super nuanced and organic, while on the arms it's far simpler.

NO DELUXE STAND for this price? Are they nuts?!?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, it's too bad about the stand...a lot of folks are resorting to ebay to get one and that's a big "no thanks" for me...not gonna spend any more than I already have for this figure.

Glad I got him though...I'm gonna enjoy returning to this one now and again for more pictures....

Here's another shot of Bossk inspired by Hasbro's "unleashed" figure from a while back....

Name:	BOSSK-SNARL-01.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	27087

Yeah, extra cash to get that stand is extra crazy.

Ha, nice Unleashed shot, great job. This head seems more over the top than that nleashed statue, does it work in person?

Name:	BOSSK-SNARL-CU.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	27088

Yes, I think it does...but I'll use the "regular" head for display...