Hybrid View

Article: Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 4 Blu-ray Announced

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

....aaaaannd let's feature a character to represent the entire season of the show who was only featured in the last two episodes (more as stunt casting than anything). Does no one at LFL ever visit a store and see the glut of SW merch from this year still sagging on pegs and kicking around shelves with Maul's over-exposed mug on it? He's a striking visage to be sure, but one that says to the average consumer, "been there, bought that"...it's time to give Maul a rest.

Very disappointed that it wasn't Kenobi or Rex on the package, especially considering both of them had significant parts to play over the course of the season.

Interesting point. At the very least, could have been his brother who had more airtime and more of a role. Or Ventress, her saga somehow ended up weaving through the entire thing. Pre Viszla maybe. There's a ton of better ideas than boring old Maul. I can understand not using another Jedi after the Anakin cover last season, but Rex in phase 2 attire was viable (Cody in phase 1 was season 1's cover, I believe).

Rex in Phase 2 would have been PERFECT!

I don't understand any of the covers. Cody was barely in Season One, at least not compared to Rex or many other characters; Yoda didn't use his lightsaber in Season Two other than to distract the Zillo Beast for a minute; Anakin on Season Three is fine, I guess; Maul is only here because he's the big twist at the end, but that makes as much sense as putting Chewie on Season Three would. The second half of the season was quite big for Obi-Wan, and Rex would have been good too, even if his stories were mostly confined to the Umbara arc.

I think it's just about using recognizable characters while remaining entirely different from the previous covers so they don't mistake one for another in the store. To be honest, the Yoda cover looks SO different from the Cody and Anakin ones that I had to double-check to make sure I was looking at the right thing; this one just doesn't look all that Clone Wars at all, the colorscheme plus the character doesn't say Clone Wars.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe they put Maul on there as a way of saying that's the season to avoid for everyone who thinks bringing him back was a bad idea?
    Tommy, close your eyes.