Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    That wave has appeared at our TRU here now three times.
    I picked up the Sandtrooper and the Clone Lt today with the bogo sale....the Sandie because it is an awesome looking figure and the LT because I like the card.

The pegwarmers for that wave here are Leia, the Shock Trooper and Jar Jar. At least they're keeping the sagging, dog-eared Qui-Gons and Naboo Royal Guards company now....

The TVC pegs at my local Walmart have been empty for months now, so I was pretty surprised to see this wave show up yesterday. Both Darth Vaders were gone, but I'd seen that figure before and it was pretty underwhelming. Jar Jar was still there and seems to be the slowest seller of this wave, at least in my area.

Anyways, I had no interest in the Prequel figures or that hideous Leia (which has to be the worst Leia face sculpt since 1995's monkey-faced Leia). The Sandtrooper was the only one that really seemed interesting to me, so I picked up the vintage-carded one. I haven't opened it yet, because I'm still debating whether to keep the figure or not.

Overall, it looks pretty good, but I'm not sure how excited I am about yet another Sandtrooper, especially since it's just the same old, flawed sculpt. I think most of the appeal for the figure comes from the vintage card.

Here, the only figures I don't see hanging around are Vader... and Vader. The Jar Jar figure is the most common, then Leia, then the shock trooper, then the sandtrooper, and the clone lt., but they're all far more common than that Vader. Is this a sign of the end? I don't know, it does feel like it but maybe it's just a lot of dubious choices that the market doesn't want to see right now. I know I wasn't enthusiastic for any of these figures:
    - Leia is dull in this costume in the film and the figure doesn't look like a great representation;
    - Jar Jar doesn't have a removable soft vest or lower neck articulation or even a terribly accurate paint job, and his expression seems like the same one we always get: neutral;
    - Clones are a snore by now, even if you like the new body these are particular ones that any fan who cares about that design is going to already have;
    - Sandtrooper looks nice but is hard to get excited about since it's the Dewback mold which is still the wrong armor and just doesn't feel special;
    - and Vader is a one-and-done look, and uses the lower-quality previous body instead of the newest, higher-quality one.

So I dunno, is this just a lot of little boo-boos or is this a sign that the audience for these types of figures has dried up?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen and completely ignored all of this wave. I wanted nothing to do with it but thought the return of blue cards look cool.

Anyway, I've seen them carded both ways and could care less.

If I saw whatever-her-name Vizla in the wild, I might buy. Got Lumat online.

There's nothing that interested me. I have to check if I have Kithaba. I'd want several of him from the previous line.

I've seen the realistic CW Anakin in the store and didn't bother, either.

I can't wait until my Jocasta Nu figures arrive. I bought multiples of her.

I'd get excited if Clone Wars came out with Wagtwo, Riff Tamsen, Dr. Xindi, new Padme and Palpatine, the first in both realistic and CW styles. Carded Yuuzhan Vongs, Anakin Solo, a JEDI Mara Skywalker, CW Nightsister warrior figures, Trandoshan Hunter CW figures - there's a lot of SW I'd buy, but I haven't seen 'em being made yet.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I have to check if I have Kithaba. I'd want several of him from the previous line.
    I went a little crazy buying up Kithabas earlier in the year, so I might have 2-3 extras. PM me if you want them.

Thanks. As we did for our business with Nom Anor, please wait a month or so for me to catch up on my organization (last time it was finances though). Unless someone here really, really wants them.

If I don't have him (and I don't think I do), I'd buy 3 probably: skiff, repeat for a Klatoonian on the Sailbarge), and an extra for a Mos Espa (prequel) extra. I might get more for possible extra use elsewhere.

I need to go over your list of wanted figures (mostly from Jabba's) in another thread. There were some more that you listed that we agree on, however, I'd been tired when I saw that huge monstrous list of yours.

But it gave me hope that I could enjoy this hobby rather than find no area of interest for me while new Darth Vaders and Luke Tatooines shipped.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.