How to I get to archived news?

I've been wanting to read old news articles and Hasbro Q&As from 2009 and earlier and there seems to be no way to easily do that. Is there an easily searchable archive of every Hasbro Q&A that this site has done or a way to search through old news stories for information about figures that have long been out of production?

Specifically, I am trying to find exact quotes from Hasbro from a couple years back when they were going on their EU hiatus and they were citing slow sales of EU merchandise as the reason for it. Also, I want to read the news stories explaining exactly why the Legacy EU wave ended up as a TRU exclusive wave.

I know the basic stories behind it all, but I would like the read the exact quotes from Hasbro about these topics.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

For Q&A, anything not in the news should be in the forums, so I suggest doing an Advanced Search with these parameters:
    - Keywords: SSG's Hasbro Q&A (Search Titles Only - it's the pulldown next to this field)
    - User Name: JediTricks (exact name - it's a tickbox to the right, should be already ticked)

That doesn't cover ActionFigs or CS though, which is a little trickier. If you have any exact Q&A wording, I can look it up in my master file.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I ended up doing that but still had to search through several pages of threads, because nothing was arranged in any logical manner. I actually found it easier to find old Q&As on Collection Station than on here.

I think there should be a "Hasbro Q&A Archive" section in the forums and every single Q&A thread should be moved there. This way people can easily scroll through and read only the Q&As without having to sort through all of the unrelated forum chatter.

I would also like to search through old news articles, but when I search the "SirSteve's Guide News" section threads, they just include a link to the front page, not a link to the actual article that I want to read. Then I go down to the bottom of the front page and see the Page 1 to 10 links, and I try to click on the next page and it just reloads page one again. You can't actually scroll through the old news articles once they drop off the first page.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Nothing in order? It displays them in date order, from newest to oldest. And with that search parameter set, it will show you all the ones I archived in the forums, and NOTHING else. (it's important to lock it to me since I'm the editor, and to lock it to thread titles because I mention the term a lot in posts.)

I hear ya about moving it to its own forums, I'll discuss that with Steve.

As for news, there are 2 issues at play there, I'll mention both to him, the pagination thing I noticed the other day but forgot about. For now, you can manually move through by going to page 2:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/content.php?page=2
    and then manually changing the number at the end to go to the next page. Or just go to the specific news categories, that pagination still works fine.

But the pre-'09 news is a different situation, not sure what he can do there.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I may not have followed your directions exactly for the Q&A search. However, I did try the archived news trick and that works fine now, but I haven't gone too far back yet. I'm actually finding that most of the comments from Hasbro that I remember are coming from your interviews with DDP and the other guys at Hasbro. So maybe we could get those archived into their own separate section as well.

If you run my search there, you will find the Q&As for this site, and no other threads, it's a very effective search, I honed it for your specific needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    If you run my search there, you will find the Q&As for this site, and no other threads, it's a very effective search, I honed it for your specific needs.
    Yes, much better, thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Yes, much better, thank you very much!
    Glad to hear it. LMK if you have any other needs in this specific matter.

Sir Steve

1) Is of Irish descent
    2) A Notre Dame fan
    3) Is a Grinch fan
    4) Likes zombies
    3) Just likes the color green

Cast your vote now!
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

I vote for #3, so I can get double the votes (does that mean that SS like the EU character Plovo Two-For-One?)

But the green sure DOES stand out.
    "That's what Sheev said."