Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I misspoke, the magnets are in the hands, not the lightsabers, so you should be able to store the sabers regardless of direction equally fine - they might be carrying some residual magnetic energy, but that should bleed off since they're not magnets themselves but just ferrous. That said, I haven't got this figure and sadly likely won't, so I dunno if the problem is that the pockets are too small or something else.

Yeah, I can see getting it if you have the funds, but compared to pricing from just 2 or 3 years ago, it's a hard pill to swallow. This is the most expensive figure in the line to date, and it really doesn't offer THAT much product beyond what the others do. The goodwill Sideshow enjoyed when their figures were cheaper - where we could overlook little errors and problems - has unfortunately evaporated with this new pricing structure so it puts everything under a microscope.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I wonder if:

1) They underpriced before to start us collecting - to get the completists. (Remember when Obi-Wan ROTS was about $70?)

2) They got greedy

3) Some figures had to be made by Hot Toys or comparable artisans so that affected the cost

There are interesting "dual plunger joints" that work on General Grievous.

And my lightsabers can pick up paperclips! (Maybe it costs more because there is a residual presence of The Force? (but it does not say that on the packaging).

Although he's already displayed behind glass, I enjoy staring at him every day. I'm realizing that SW collecting is a largely visual experience for me (though I think Jango's Slave-One 2002 version is still one of my favorite toys because I can fire so many missiles from it).

And I like the pop-open s-foils of the ROTS Jedi Starfighters.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

They didn't underprice when they started, that was what the market would bear so they manufactured to those standards and made enough of a profit to treat the line as the company's bread and butter - they did Star Wars licensed product so that they could make enough money to do smaller, more personal projects.

I don't know if they got greedy, maybe they just don't see how much overhead they've created.

Sideshow has raised prices as their costs have gone up (whether those are true costs or overhead costs for the company, I don't know) and when they do so, they have lowered interest so they lower edition numbers to match, it's a vicious cycle.

Your lightsabers have been magnetized the way a knife from the dishwasher might after clanking around, from all the research I've seen though they are merely steel and not magnets.

If I had Grievous, I'd have to pose him all the time, I couldn't imagine leaving in a static pose unless it was the best pose - such as Koto's original ArtFX model statue's pose, that one is fantastic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.