Hybrid View

Where the heck is General Grievous

Do any of you guys know the story behind Grievous? He was announced Last year at the same time Fett was announced. I would've thought we would have a preorder for the general by now but not a peep. Any news on this figure?

No, I was just talking to someone on that the other day, too. If I were a bettin' man, I'd wager that they've had trouble in the materials department and have been trying to work out those kinks. I'd base that on the fact that the prototype they brought to Comic-Con last year wilted a little, and quickly. Can't ask people to spend $200+ on something that deforms right out of the box. I'd further bet we get details on preorder in 9 days when Sideshow takes part in the SW Collectibles panel.

I just checked, the tag last year said he was to ship Q1 of 2012, which was months ago obviously, but he was also a prototype pending licensor approval, so maybe Lucasfilm has held up the works.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

He is worth the wait!

I pre-ordered through the link on the homepage that will support this website (SSG). The cost is no different.

It's $250. Probably worth $200, but definitely worth having in your collection!

I saw it at Comic Con '13 and loved him.

I haven't been as excited about a figure in a while.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I am not getting him, $250 and a non-refundable deposit is just as insane here as it is on Vader. These are as expensive as Premium Format now, only minus the whole "premium" part, or at least a REASONABLE justification for these insanely high prices.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have barely any product I'm interested in buying this year.

Besides Grievous maybe the big slave 1?

No real offerings from Star Wars or transformers.

I'm going to buy some old stuff to make custom EU figures.

I'll get me be 2 specific 6 inch Star Wars and one of the three and three fourths (Plagueis ).

I have plenty of other expenses with publishing and I'm happy to have a cheap year. But the probe droid from that show is on my list.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I got noticed that my General Grievous shipped!