Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Are pictures of the figures that were under the Endor 2 Packs coming today?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    New Speeder Bike! More photos please.

Awesome that they finally ditched the landing "feet", but is anyone else a bit worried about the position of that clear stand? It seems like the Speeder Bike could start to "wilt" over time and give the impression that the Biker Scout is trying to ram it into the ground.
    The nose had its own built-in point to keep that from happening, if I remember correctly.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I just hope that landgear on the front of the speeder bike is either removable or blends in when folded up. I think it's neat that the cannon can attach to the underside of the bike, makes it a bit more playable for the kiddies.
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Inspector JJL, here to solve the mystery of the Ewoks. Er, well, not to solve anything, and nobody asked, but I wanted to compare some stuff, so deal with it.

First, the glider Ewoks - the first one is a light brown Ewok with a darker brown hood, much like the unnamed one released in the 1998 Complete Galaxy Endor globe. He drops a rock on an AT-ST, and gives an "Aw, shucks!" arm motion.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ewoks 11.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	36.9 KB 
ID:	26421
    The second glider Ewok has black fur and a green hood. He drops a rock on a stormtrooper, who in turn fires his gun and brings down the Ewok as an AT-ST stomps in the background (but not squishing the Ewok, as I sometimes thought). This character was made as an unnamed "Ultra" figure in the 2004 Saga line.

Name:	Ewoks 12.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	26422
    (Warok is sometimes listed as being one of the glider Ewoks, and he was released with a repacked glider in the 2009 Battle for Endor battle pack. He isn't either of the glider Ewoks shown in the film.)

Through a progression of a few shots, we see Chewbacca and two Ewoks make it into an AT-ST. First, they see their target. Chewie is joined by a brown Ewok with a darker brown hood and pronounced lips, and a black Ewok with a brown hood and no visible teeth.

Name:	Ewoks 1.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	26418
    A separate shot shows them starting to run towards the AT-ST, and it is very clearly the same Ewoks as the previous shot. Then they swing together as Chewbacca does his best Tarzan impression - the brown Ewok appears a bit lighter, though it's probably just the lighting.

Name:	Ewoks 3.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	26423

An Ewok with orange-brown fur, white cheeks, small lips, and a light brown hood pops his head in front of the AT-ST's view ports - this is Widdle Warrick, Wicket's brother.

Name:	Ewoks 4.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	26424

When we cut back to a shot of the AT-ST Gunner getting out of the cockpit and can briefly see a black-furred, brown-hooded Ewok, barely on the side of the frame.

Name:	Ewoks 5.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	26425
    I'm thinking that this was the original black Ewok, given that this was likely shot in the forest and that the hood is definitely brown. There's a wider shot of the Ewok when Chewie throws the gunner, but it's tough to make out any details.

Widdle appears in the in-cockpit shots, as does a new black-furred Ewok, who has visible teeth (and a lighter-colored nose and lips). At different times, his hood appears green, black, and in places, somewhat brown, all seemingly due to the lighting.

Name:	Ewoks 7.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	26419Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ewoks 9.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	26420

Given the release of the new figure, I'm gonna go ahead and call this one Wunka. I didn't realize that his hood sometimes looks green - this means it might be the same costume used for the second glider Ewok.

Widdle appears throughout the battle now and again (as I'm sure other Ewoks do, but Widdle's cheeks give him away). He actually appears in a shot of celebrating Ewoks that's reacting to the hijacked AT-ST blowing up another AT-ST, right before Flitchee the blaster-toting maniac appears.

Name:	Ewoks 8.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	26426

Don't worry about the Ewok that Widdle replaced - he's waiting in the trees, celebrating after the logs smash an AT-ST's head (though he's not one of the two Ewoks who actually cuts the rope).

Name:	Ewoks 10.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	26427

This is probably a case of them using one pair of costumes on-location, and one on-set, for the AT-ST hijackers, and not really checking to make sure that they were the same costumes (or perhaps even just wanting to pick more interesting ones for the in-cockpit shots). I just find it interesting that they could be so clearly different, even though you might not notice it unless you were really paying attention (as I don't think I took notice until they released the 2007 battle pack). But the fact that Widdle appears on the ground while he's ostensibly in the cockpit is an example of how they were more concerned with editing it interestingly than keeping continuity in check.

Remember that the 2007 Target exclusive Battle of Endor ultimate battle pack included a 1998 Wicket repaint that looked like Widdle but still called the figure "Wicket W. Warrick," and a 1998 Logray repaint (with Wicket's hood and spear) in black fur with a black hood and called the figure "Oochee." Given the evidence in the film, I'll say that Wunka flew the hang glider, but decided to switch tactics after he got shot down. Since the Wunka figure is now replacing the Oochee figure, maybe Oochee is supposed to be the black one that gets left behind in the film. Or maybe I'm just reeeeeally overthinking this and going a little crazy.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    they were more concerned with editing it interestingly than keeping continuity in check.
    I think that's it exactly. Because that also explains some of the weirdness going on with the Skiff Guards and Rebel Pilots.

Also, even though they took reference photos of every character in order to help keep everything consistent, it doesn't seem like they paid much attention to those photos when they started doing secondary photography or the effects work (which would explain why one Skiff Guard is missing on the Cargo Skiff miniature).

I think that black-furred glider Ewok is actually a go-motion puppet and not a person in costume.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I think that black-furred glider Ewok is actually a go-motion puppet and not a person in costume.
    Based on what? It looked like a person in costume to me, though perhaps you're right given how he gets shot out of the sky.

Anyway, it doesn't look like much new stuff is actually on display right now. Hopefully they'll put the new stuff back out after tomorrow's panel.

Oh, but going off the carded images posted by Sandtroopers, I like how the Royal Guard has alternate training gear. I wonder what the head sculpt looks like, then.

No, he's a person. His name is Randy and I went to high school with him.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    No, he's a person. His name is Randy and I went to high school with him.
    And some day, he's going to fly away from this place. In fact, that's what he was trying to do before he got shot down.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Hasbro accidentally put out a new Luminara Unduli figure yesterday where the current Barriss Offee was supposed to go; Sandtroopers has the clearest image I've seen, and Hasbro has since taken it out of the booth. It looks like she comes with a proper full robe, unlike the ROTS/Order 66 versions, so this is a welcome upgrade. I bet she'll be part of the 2013 AOTC push, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh, and they pulled some items back, like those 2 AT-ST packs, so you guys are the first to see that... after me and Steve.
    Awesome grab! I saw the pic on facebook and was looking through other sites (I swear only they had both SW and non-SW coverage!) to see if they had more pics of them and couldn't find anything. Looking forward to seeing more of those, although this makes me concerned we're unlikely to see an AT-ST Driver on vintage cardback anytime soon.

The speederbike, from what can be seen, looks great too. I'm curious about the front outrigging though because it appears to have some sort of extra bits on it that feature an articulated mechanical foot, appearing to be forward landing gear for the speederbike. Any idea if the extra bits are sculpted on or is this a removable piece?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"