Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Victory! Jocasta Nu - Exclusive To Brian's Toys!!

"It will be a day long remembered."
    "We have seen a figure of Yarna D'al Gargan, we will soon see one of Jocasta Nu."

While it's been a long time since I posted here since I don't really collect Star Wars anymore outside of the Playskool and Fighter Pods toys, I had to come running to celebrate with my fellow Star Wars fans that one of the true Holy Grail figures is finally getting made. Everyone's favorite feisty Jedi Librarian. Her strong showing in the recent poll must have made Hasbro rethink they're refusal to make her. So she'll be one figure just like the recent Jar Jar Binks figures that they've made that I'll come out of retirement to own. Woo Hoo!!

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/dat...87_RESIZED.jpg
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

She's $24.99 at Brian's Toys, which is causing some pretty hilarious nerd rage at various places online. I'm fine with that price, they packed enough stuff in there to make it feel worthwhile; Brian's isn't known for its good prices; they can't really reuse any of this tooling on other figures, so it's a big investment; they're probably keeping the run low as well. I'd rather have this than have her clog up the pegs even more than they already are.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I understand it's kinda insanely priced in a lot of people's eyes. But I agree with your points. It's not like it's just a cheap kitbash figure with no extra swag. The bust and pillar are awesome. And so is the fact we're finally getting her. Plus she looks fabu. I may have to order her at some point here.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

They also included a little bag for her to do her grocery shopping.

Well, $24.99 for one figure? I guess now we know why making the Star Wars line an online exclusive line is a very, very, VERY, VERRRRRY bad idea.

Anyways, I'm glad that those who wanted her now have a chance to get her. I have no interest in the character, although I think this might be a good avenue for Hasbro to produce other super-obscure, or "unmarketable" figures.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Pricey, but understandable for how niche she is. I missed this news today and didn't see it until I got home, and then I peed in my pants.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Word on the street is, she was supposed to be the CVI exclusive. If people don't ask more at SDCC, I'll bug them about it at CVI, since this is an interesting development. I guess they've had figures exclusive to different sites before - StarWarsShop used to get some but has since closed down; Entertainment Earth got a ton of boxed sets; there were some less-than-interesting EU offerings that were shared by multiple sites. Maybe this could open the door to things like Jaxxon, for whom I would gladly pay $25.

This does indeed give me major hope for Jaxxon.

I'm not crazy about the trend toward online exclusives at particular retailers, but I guess it makes sense. (This year's two G.I. Joe 7-packs are BigBadToyStore.com exclusives.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Just ordered 2 for me and 2 for a friend. For extremely niche figures like this i don't mind paying more, but there aren't many figures I would put in that category. Jaxxon is one of them. Crispy Owen and Beru. Funeral Vader. Ephant mon would have been as well, but luckily we got him in the main line. The tonnikas, if they were possible. That's about all I can come up with.

Just pre-ordered mine as well!
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I just pre-ordered mine too. The nearly $10 shipping charge is a bit much, but oh well.

I wonder what the extremely pro-Jocasta (Procasta?) people are thinking of all this. They usually only seem to show up when there's a fans' choice poll, so they probably all purpose in life and spontaneously combusted.