Hybrid View

Talking New Jedi Order Comic Series?

Hello, there, I heard a rumor at the Megacon here in orlando that the New Jedi Order book series is going to be turned into a comic book series sometime next year. The only new comic book stories with Han, Luke and the rest that take place after the Empire's End series was 'Union', and that was kind of disappointing.
    I am reading the New Jedi Order books now and am up to the 4th book in the series.
    Jason.

Actually, the Chewbacca mini-series technically takes place after Empire's End, since the frame sequence involved C-3PO and R2-D2 gathering anecdotes for Chewie's funeral. (If you've not read it, it's one of the better comic series.)

I wouldn't mind a comics tie-in to NJO, but I don't think it'd be good business to transfer the series completely to comics. I doubt Del Rey would let that cash cow go. Might be nice, though, after NJO ends (in a couple more years) to have some mini-series go back and flesh out details (like where Boba Fett or Dash Rendar are during this time, if they don't show up in a future book).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I forgot that the Chewbacca series took place after Empire's End as well. Maybe the comic series of NJO would be additional stories that take place that time like the stories in Star Wars Gamer. Hey, wouldn't it be cool if they made action figures of the Vuuzhan Vong and the other Jedi that are in the book series.
    Also, is anybody reading the Star Wars Starfighter 3 issue series? Some of the best artwork ever and good characters. If no one read it I will review it here.

Question

Actually, aren't some of the X-Wing: Rogue Squadron stories post-EE, too? I haven't read many, but I thought there were some that were around that period.
    "That's what Sheev said."

If they are I would like to read them. The only Rogue Squadron comics I read took place before EE, but I could be wrong. If anybody else could shed more light on this I would like to hear from them.
    Jason.