Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I saw the INO once. I didn't realize people wanted him, though, and left him, thinking, "Damn, that means I missed something cool!"

He's the Death Star Trooper with a different name, right?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I saw the INO once. I didn't realize people wanted him, though, and left him, thinking, "Damn, that means I missed something cool!"

And a new sculpt. Different enough to add some variety to a scene with thw older ones.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    And a new sculpt. Different enough to add some variety to a scene with thw older ones.
    The head sculpt and helmet are definitely different.

The previous DS trooper was one of my favorites from the 30th anniversary wave. Whenever I come across one, packaged or loose (just last weekend) I pick him up.

Some reviewers said the Vader in the wave 5 set is the best sculpt. I initially passed him up but now have him.

The Imperial Navy Commander is a 100% new sculpt, a fair bit shorter and better proportioned than the TAC/Saga Legends Death Star Trooper. I didn't think that one was that bad, but the new one looks significantly better when compared side by side. His shoulder logo is the AOTC Republic logo, not the proper Imperial logo, but otherwise it's pretty great. I saw him at a Target and a TRU, and got both of them.

BBTS has this wave up for preorder with scheduled delivery in November. Just got mine ordered.

BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and Brian's Toys all mention how the wave is "limited distribution." Yakface mentioned that this meant it is definitely online-only (and Chicken Little - er, JediTempleArchives - reacted to the news with typical ridiculous hyperbole; that Paul guy needs to sit and take a deep breath more often), but I still haven't seen anything aside from a rumor on this one.

I can't recall a time when the final wave in a line wasn't underproduced, so I don't get why people would be freaking out, other than that they want more of the army builders (which I'm sure will see re-release anyway). People are just getting a heads-up for the first time. This is probably just to ensure that they don't hit right as the line is changing over to Legacy redux, and frankly, I'm looking forward to the line reset. Hopefully there isn't a street date this time - while I do love them, they end up clogging the pegs, and we really need to refresh after the last two years.

I need to figure out my CVI budget but I'll probably order this wave soon.

I'll take my chances and just order the figures I want online; but not necessarily all at once. I've never had a good experience with pre-ordering.

I won't pay over $20 each for anyone in that wave except Weequay, however, and I'll only get one of him at that price. History has proven than prices level out and eventually start to go down over time, so I doubt the inflated prices will last longer than 2-3 years. After I get my hands on at least one Weequay, I can wait for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    BBTS, Entertainment Earth, and Brian's Toys all mention how the wave is "limited distribution." Yakface mentioned that this meant it is definitely online-only (and Chicken Little - er, JediTempleArchives - reacted to the news with typical ridiculous hyperbole; that Paul guy needs to sit and take a deep breath more often), but I still haven't seen anything aside from a rumor on this one.

I can't recall a time when the final wave in a line wasn't underproduced, so I don't get why people would be freaking out, other than that they want more of the army builders (which I'm sure will see re-release anyway). People are just getting a heads-up for the first time. This is probably just to ensure that they don't hit right as the line is changing over to Legacy redux, and frankly, I'm looking forward to the line reset. Hopefully there isn't a street date this time - while I do love them, they end up clogging the pegs, and we really need to refresh after the last two years.

I need to figure out my CVI budget but I'll probably order this wave soon.
    Impulsively, I pre-ordered the last vintage case from BBTS. I'll figure out how to pay for it in November.

Working on my C6 budget, too, JabbaJohn. Don't like the fact on some of the pre-order stuff that you have to pay up front, but it at least guarantees me some items.

After the hell we went through with Kebco years back (remember them - I was one of the lucky ones who managedto get through by phone and demand my money back), I'm wary about pre-ordering anything, unless it's through amazon.
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Eh, I just ended up ordering from EE, as they won't charge until they ship, so I'll be fine. Since BBTS already pre-sold out, I don't want to get screwed on this wave.

The last time I ordered a case from them (or at all) was the elusive EU wave from 2007, which took an insanely long time to finally arrive, but included several figures that are still hard to obtain. Aside from that, and Hasbro canceling the Mando transport, I've always had positive experiences with EE, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

If anyone wants the Aurra Sing or Mawhonic figures (which I'm sure are the two that will be dumped the most), let me know.