Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Hasbro confirmed to Yakface that this wave is, indeed online only:
    The last Vintage wave of 2012 will be released online only. The figures will be available on Amazon, Entertainment Earth, Big Bad Toy Store, Brian’s Toys, and other specialty shops. The figures are listed below.
    Ahsoka
    Obi-Wan (Clone Wars)
    Naboo Pilot
    Mawhonic
    Aurra Sing
    Lumat
    Gungan Warrior
    Nien Nunb
    Royal Guard
    Republic Trooper (The Old Republic)
    Orrimaarko (Prune Face)
    Oh well, better exclusive than cancelled. Amazon put up the figures individually for $12.99 each, so it may be good to check them out if you don't want the entire case. I may get at least one extra Royal Guard from them.

I definitely didn't want that entire case, only figures I wanted were Royal Guard x2, Nien Nunb, and Weequay, so thankfully DarkKnight4516 was able to text me yesterday so that I could get my preorders in on Amazon. There's a limit of 2 per figure I guess, I ordered 1 Royal Guard alone and then 2 more in a batch and it shut down that batch until I set the Royal Guard to 1.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just ordered 2 royal guards, 2 republic troopers, asoka, and nien numb from amazon. I'm still keeping my case from bbts, but it's nice to know the openers and army builders are taken care of.

Hmmm, I guess some completely anonymous guy on FB who cited a site that doesn't mention what he was talking about had an inside view into Hasbro. Or was one hell of a lucky guesser.

Something about entire waves of figures for $13 and only available online, I just can't justify. I know that I would have no problem buying the figures at that price in person, and would be okay with one or two HTF figures at what is relatively a small markup, but this might be the point I bail. Oh, wait, there's an Ewok in there. I might have to get him. I guess I got Mawhonic and the Gungan already. I might pull the trigger on Nien Nunb as well. Kinda wish I had bought the Naboo Pilot on the cheaper 3D card, but I can pass on him, since he's just Ric Olie with a different head, and no head deserves to be on Ric Olie's body except Ric's own, because Ric will totally go postal and f*** that pretender up. Everything else is resculpts that don't scream, "Buy me for $13!!" or Clone Wars trash.

Man, I feel like I'm turning into a grumpy old man. Maybe I should write stories about the Tauntaunwampagungan Creature.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux, if you want a naboo pilot on a cheap 3d card, my wm has several of them. Of course with shipping you won't be saving any money, but if it's the figure you're interested in I can hook you up.

I ordered the case off of BBTS and got the extras of the wave that I wanted from Amazon.

I didn't want the entire case so I went the Amazon route as well.

If the online retailers aren't getting these until mid to late November, there's no guarantee at all that this wave would see decent distribution at retail at that time of year. Still, it's not a development that bodes well for the future.

The thing is though, if they hit stores in November for a Nov-Dec release window, they'd be a sure seller at brick & mortar, you can sell almost anything at that time of year on the toy aisle if it's part of a popular brand's mainstream expression.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The thing is though, if they hit stores in November for a Nov-Dec release window, they'd be a sure seller at brick & mortar, you can sell almost anything at that time of year on the toy aisle if it's part of a popular brand's mainstream expression.
    And whatever they can't sell before December 25th, gets wiped out during the after-Christmas clearance sales.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Still, it's not a development that bodes well for the future.
    Last wave syndrome is nothing new, they're just actively making it available to collectors this time so as to hopefully avoid the scarcity of . . . well, every previous final wave.

I wrote it in another thread, but I hope that they use the fall/holiday rush (which might apply more to Clone Wars and Movie Heroes anyway) to push out older cases and finally meet demand on those instead of trying to shove another wave into the system. There's probably quite a bit of backlog still.