Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yeah, I'm hoping the Christmas rush will get some of the newer waves to the pegs by clearing out the old stuff that's been there all year. I hope to finally see an imperial navy commander in the wild as well as a few other figures I picked up online.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    And whatever they can't sell before December 25th, gets wiped out during the after-Christmas clearance sales.
    Yeah, I mean it's going to happen that way with or without the product, may as well get those sales going one way or another. Only reason I can see them not doing it is an inability to ensure November delivery to their brick & mortar types.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Last wave syndrome is nothing new, they're just actively making it available to collectors this time so as to hopefully avoid the scarcity of . . . well, every previous final wave.

I wrote it in another thread, but I hope that they use the fall/holiday rush (which might apply more to Clone Wars and Movie Heroes anyway) to push out older cases and finally meet demand on those instead of trying to shove another wave into the system. There's probably quite a bit of backlog still.
    They should have known better than to try this after the TLC wave had to be picked up by TRU, plus the timing on this sucks, should have held product back instead.

Quote Originally Posted by mtriv73 View Post
    Yeah, I'm hoping the Christmas rush will get some of the newer waves to the pegs by clearing out the old stuff that's been there all year. I hope to finally see an imperial navy commander in the wild as well as a few other figures I picked up online.
    Totally.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just a word of warning: If you respond to anyone with simply the word "Totally" again, I will start calling you Moon Unit.

It's meant as a compliment, because Moon Unit has awesome in her DNA.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

preordered erg, ewok, orrimarko, nien x2, and weequay
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

Received my wave 16 figures today (passed on TPM repacks and the EU clone) - unfortunately I have to wait till Christmas to see these, but it's nice to know they're in the house! Most excited for Nien Nunb, as the old POTF2 version looks terrible against the more recent Sullustans.
    Big thanks to DarkJedi5, TheRealDubya, obi-dad, morpheus282, Tycho and Kidhuman for great deals/trades.

The figures look really nice and I'm thrilled that my Obi-Wan is not cross-eyed like so many of the pieces I've seen photographed.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Amazon sent me a notice on Saturday that my Obi-Wan CW from this wave was moved up to ship over a month earlier, shipping Nov 7th, but none of the others said that. Then Obi-Wan shipped yesterday, and this morning the others shipped. So weird. Unfortunately, here in CA the state now requires Amazon to charge sales tax, so they were each $14 and change which really stings.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Amazon has sent me notices as well. These were the doubles that I wanted of the wave. I got my case from BBTS last week, so I guess I don't have to worry about acquiring this wave.

Got my case from BBTS last Friday and all the doubles I ordered from Amazon are at my local post office and ready for delivery. As nice as that is, I still miss the thrill of turning the corner in the toy aisle and seeing something new for the first time. Hopefully Hasbro can get it's act together for next year.

The case arrived at my parents' house at some point this past week, and I'll be getting the figures for upcoming holidays. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person.