Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Got Obi-Wan yesterday, the rest arrive later today.

TVC CW Obi-Wan is a decent figure, I'd like to have seen more range of movement on the elbows and hips and torso but it's not terrible there. The neck and head sculpt is way better than TVC CW Anakin; head sculpt and paint are pretty good and much better than that Anakin. Obi-Wan's got a very dark blue lightsaber blade, but a second hilt that plugs into his belt unlike CW Anakin where I think they just forgot, so in the accessories it's a push. The back of the kama (skirt) is way too short, that's the only real mistake I would point out here.

If I hadn't been getting Ahsoka, I wouldn't have gotten this figure or bought Anakin on shelves.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quick impressions:

Ahsoka - too tall for the character at the cartoon's age in this costume, face sculpt is a tad generic but there, obviously no longer the huge eyes of the cartoon. Deco is a tad bright bordering on garish, eyes are painted looking off to the right. Good articulation, good inclusion of shoto and full lightsaber in both hilt and lit forms, big feet.

Weequay - decent update, sculpt not as sharp as I was expecting though, and sculpted braids still limiting to head movement. Paint is good if a bit clean. Comes with gun but no holster. Only real letdowns are thick braids and shoulder armor sitting at high angle, both are minor, but figure feels a tad bland.

Nien Nunb - very short despite recent Chee claims otherwise I thought. Good sculpt overall. Mouth and lower face left unpainted (beyond weathering) which is lame. Has holster with small gun, but TINY hands that can't grip the pistol and barely the rifle.

Royal Guard - this figure is a let-down, I can't sugar-coat it. Cloak is too thick, too long, too poofy, all leading to a state of unwieldiness that dislodges the helmet at the fart of a housefly. Cloak is so large and difficult to work with that posing is all but impossible, and even just standing there the figure takes up a huge amount of space thanks to oversized cloak. Body underneath is meant to be Kir Kanos in training attire but with a long soft-goods lower skirt, but it's all red and looks quite generic and simple for it, and no armor doesn't jive with any prior Royal Guard look. Set comes with bladed weapon, training helmet and shoulder armor, but shoulder armor is way too big and generally just falls right off. Trying to revisit Crimson Empire: The Crucible in yet another figure was a mistake, this Royal Guard figure suffers for it. At least he has a biker scout pistol on a hip holster.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Oh, and the Royal Guard is on a card with a different photo than the vintage original. Is that going to ruin it for those types of collectors?

It's a minimal enough change that it doesn't bug me, although it's still disappointing that they did change it. At this point I'm much more disappointed to hear about the figure, I was hoping it would turn out better than I was expecting - I wasn't expecting much due to the soft goods. They were horrible on the ROTS Royal Guard variant and figured they'd be about the same here. Guess I'll pick up one carded for the collection and keep with the POTF2 Guards to display.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Do I hold out hope that the Quinlan Vos's that litter the pegs at my local Target since December of 2011 will be replenished soon enough with any wave replacement or do I just go online and order new figures?
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I've been seeing the Dr. Evazan wave at several Walmarts and TRUs lately, so stuff is still making it out there. Hasbro will keep pushing the old stock out through next year, apparently extending The Vintage Collection's footprint at retail to do so (though there won't be any new figures, just re-shipped ones).
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Does anyone know if & when the Endor AT-AT is coming out here in the US? I never saw it at TOY R US in the US during the 4th quarter in 2012 but I did score a Falcon in Vintage packaging for half price. I know the Endor AT-At was in Europe. If anyone know t's time table for release etc please post. Thanks.

No word on the US release date yet. I think TRU simply realized they had too many exclusives on shelves at once and put that big piece off a few months, probably the next big buying season - May - but we'll know more in February at Toy Fair. Honestly, Hasbro should have held off on the Vintage Falcon instead of the AT-AT so that the AT-AT could have been out with the Speeder Bike set, the Ewoks set, and the K-mart AT-ST and its 2 corresponding figure sets.

Nice get on the Falcon at half price, how did that happen?

Thanks JT. Let me know if you hear of a release date on the Endor AT-AT even if you hear something before Toy Fair 2013. Back during the 2nd week of December for a day or 2 the Toy R US website had the Falcon 50% off. I saw the link on rebelscum.com and bought one. Free shipping and it was only $133 and some change with tax. Great deal couldn't pass it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner View Post
    Do I hold out hope that the Quinlan Vos's that litter the pegs at my local Target since December of 2011 will be replenished soon enough with any wave replacement or do I just go online and order new figures?
    I wish I have new news to report but I don't.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.