Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Interesting development and it makes me very interested to see what Hasbro will have to show at Toy Fair. "Interested" in the sense of pure morbid fascination that is. Because this is likely to be a train wreck for Hasbro if they were counting on those 3D releases.

I wonder if this is based on the dismal performance of Ep1 3D or are they just running that far behind schedule in getting Ep7 done? I wouldn't be surprised if we later hear that Ep7 is postponed until 2016. Which would be fine by me, I would rather them take their time and make the best movie possible than have them rush out a piece of garbage.

Besides having a Star Wars movie delayed by a year wouldn't be unprecedented, ANH was originally supposed to be released in 1976, not 1977.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Epic quit.

Chaddy posted this link: http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/excl...medium=twitter

Between the inability to make any sort of impact last year with the Ep 1 3D release, the expense of converting the rest of the films, some sort of need for a delay on Ep 2 which sounds expensive as a concept, it doesn't surprise me that Disney is pulling back from these.

What does surprise me is Disney stepping in and exerting such a major change from what Lucasfilm had been doing up until very recently, that's an aggressive move.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Interesting development and it makes me very interested to see what Hasbro will have to show at Toy Fair. "Interested" in the sense of pure morbid fascination that is. Because this is likely to be a train wreck for Hasbro if they were counting on those 3D releases.

I wonder if this is based on the dismal performance of Ep1 3D or are they just running that far behind schedule in getting Ep7 done? I wouldn't be surprised if we later hear that Ep7 is postponed until 2016. Which would be fine by me, I would rather them take their time and make the best movie possible than have them rush out a piece of garbage.

Besides having a Star Wars movie delayed by a year wouldn't be unprecedented, ANH was originally supposed to be released in 1976, not 1977.
    I doubt this will actually decimate Hasbro's Toy Fair showings, I think they learned from last year not to put too many apples into one cart with these 3D releases. That said, they've already got product hitting shelves now that's Ep 2-themed, and the packaging for this year is movie-themed first with AOTC and then ROTS, so that will not be pleasant to face, but I doubt it'll break any plans.

Ep 7 I doubt is delayed here, they're in pre-production, it's the beginning of 2013 aiming for a mid-2015 release date, plenty of time to get it together. I suspect they just don't want to have too many Star Wars movies at theaters at the same time stepping on the big-budget new film's toes, 2013 would have ended with 2 SW films in theaters, then 2014 and 2015 would have had at least one more if not 2, plus of course the new Ep 7.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It was announced this morning that there will be screenings of AOTC 3D at Celebration Europe. The press release's wording is a little vague, mentioning "iconic scenes," so I wonder if the entire conversion was completed or not. Even though I won't be going, I assume this means they'll be able to bring it to the next USA Celebration as well (like they did for TPM at CVI), so I'm glad there's still a chance I'll get to see it. Between this, the sneak peek at Rebels, and the Kathleen Kennedy appearance, apparently I'm really missing out only sticking to the stateside cons . . .
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    The press release's wording is a little vague, mentioning "iconic scenes," so I wonder if the entire conversion was completed or not.
    It will be the floating fruit scene, the zoom-in look during the Geonosis battle, and the first view of the Outlander Club entrance.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Wait, the floating fruit scene wasn't already horribly-done post-converted 3D?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.