Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I liked Muppets from Space, that movie had the originals' heart.
    Muppets from Space was definately one of the better post-Jim efforts, but it's still missing something for me. I've gone into every Muppet related project hoping they'd be wonderful, but everything after Jim died just seems to miss the mark. Sometimes it's close (Dinosaurs) and other times it's just not worth the effort of filming (Muppet Treasure Island). I guess it's all subjective, but I'm going to blame my opinions on spending way too much of my childhood in front of an old CRT television watching the Muppet Show and Saturday Afternoon Movie airings of the Muppet Movie, The Great Muppet Caper, and The Muppets Take Manhattan. Sitting through them with my own kids has given me the opportunity to laugh at all the jokes I missed because they weren't aimed at me at that time. Maybe I'm just too old now to appreciate them on the level of a child as well as that of a parent, or maybe they just don't make them like they used to. Either way, I'll keep watching them as long as they keep making them.

IMO, The Muppet Movie is fantastic, but Great Muppet Caper and Muppets Take Manhattan are both guilty of being lesser products - I remember feeling that way in the theaters when they first came out, and I was a little kid at the time. They're not bad, but they are I think examples of diminishing returns, and Muppets from Space outshines Muppets Take Manhattan simply by having more heart.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.