Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I enjoyed the Sochi games. As disappointing as they were for the Americans in hockey and snowboarding's marquee stars (White and Jacobellis), they did put forth a great effort in the sliding sports (first individual luge medal ever, silver in skeleton and bobsledding). I think it was 7 medals total. Also, great finishes in the newer sports like slopestyle and such.

Look forward to Rio in 2 1/2 years.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Today they had a delayed Closing Ceremony for the Paralympics. I only watched a little of it.
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

I was going to say "tape delayed," but the youngins might not know what "tape" is. At least, the TV scroll guide didn't list it as a "live" event, but maybe it was (it was dark there, so perhaps the time zones were matched).
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

Ok good, I thought maybe it had to due with what's going on in Russia's neighbor/new territory.

If you are near the Los Angeles area, try to visit the Special Olympics World Games. You can talk and meet with the athletes very easily, and the competition is wonderful. It's hot so wear sunscreen and drink plenty of water.