Hybrid View

Republic Attack Dropship

I'm wondering whether and if these Class 1 vehicles ever really showed up in stores. That seems like a really cool vehicle to have been so short-distributed. I barely see any on eBay, and they're always preposterously expensive.
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

Entertainment Earth lists its case as in-stock as of about a week ago, so I guess it's only now showing up stateside. I knew that it was available in the Philippines quite a while ago, but I haven't heard of any other reports. Unfortunately it's packed with three TPM vehicle carry-forwards, so it will probably still be scarce if/when this hits retail.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I don't understand this. Why does Hasbro short-pack the one item in the box that's guaranteed to sell?

Do they not understand that it's guaranteed to sell? Do they not have a marketing department with anyone on staff who actually understands their target audience?

The other thing I've noticed is that you can find listings for "Republic Attack Dropship" on a bunch of different websites, but the picture is then for the Attack Sub.

Does that suggest something is wrong with the SKU?
    "The concept of infinity can only be grasped by contemplating the depths of human stupidity." - Voltaire

It seems that they always end up ignoring this subline, or at least that's happened this year and last. It's a shame, since I think it can be a way to get out some really cool smaller vehicles, but they always stuff it with repacks, probably due to costing reasons.

Which Which is the republic dropship?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Which Which is the republic dropship?
    Tycho, it's this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scackmgack View Post
    Do they not have a marketing department with anyone on staff who actually understands their target audience?
    Marketing = liquor + guessing.

John, I don't think I'm going to buy that 1.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I finally found this ship on Friday. It's pretty slick and definitely in line with the vintage mini-rigs, as it's a miniature Republic Gunship with its lookalike wings and blasters (err, I guess it's technically a miniature Republic Dropship, but a Dropship is basically a bigger Gunship with no bottom, so whatever ). The pilot is all-new (I believe it's since this was produced at a different factory) and based on the phase II look as presented in the show. It drops a contraption that can hold two clones and split apart to function as clone weapon packs, fires two missiles, and features rotating parts to go from flight to drop mode, so it has a very good playability factor that some of these vehicles can often lack. If you can find it, it's definitely a fun addition to the line. We now know that it's coming in 501st blue next year with a realistic-style AOTC clone pilot and Geonosis Battle Droid, so I'm glad it will be getting a wider (albeit different) release then.