Hasbro cancelled the release of the Mandalorian Transport that held 6 figures. Maybe it will be released later? When the economy's better?

I never saw and have doubts that the Y-wing Bomber Mini-Rig (figure with vehicle) ever hit retail. I never saw it amongst the STAPs, Sith Speeder, Naboo Star Skiff, etc.

I also never saw the mini-rig that looked like the Republic Attack Shuttle in miniature with Obi-Wan Kenobi. I think this was cancelled and did not hit retail either. It was more attractive than the Republic mini ATTE Drop Ship type of mini-rig that was released with Anakin.

This does not bode well for the health of the line.

Kenner was eventually saturated with vehicle toys (like the Droids' White Witch, and a very bad example of a Blockade Runner) which never saw production and retail.

The Kenner line eventually died.

Hasbro has had a much stronger standing for nearly 20 years, compared to Kenner's 7 years of Star Wars back in the day (78-85).

Also, Clone Wars figures are tapering off - though I hope not before we get Riff Tamsen, some Trandoshans, Wookiees, Nightsisters, etc.

The movies are very nicely covered save for a lot of Padmes from the latter 2 PT films and obscure characters who I (as a diorama completist) want, but who will not be recognized by the casual and some part of the kid audience (like the Outlander bartender and 3-seconds of fame Separatists, blink-and-you-miss-them cantina patrons, etc.)

Future healthy sales of the line might revolve around the usual main cast of "essential characters," and the 3-D re-release of the other films, plus a possible size change for this next release of Luke, Vader, Obi-Wan, and action-scene-only Padmes (like the Arena or Hanger Battle). They can also return to role-play game play patterns or firing missiles and action features with the figures. Sales to the broadest audience being the goal in mind.

The move to doing "vintage style" cardbacks was long requested and if you recollect, also long delayed. I'm sure Hasbro was saving that as a last resort. "What will make our audience buy one LAST prequel trilogy Obi-Wan Kenobi? - his vintage style card with Ewan's photo on it." Plus of course they benefit from the old school vintage collectors' support for trying to get all the Kenner figures updated on traditional packaging. But how far does that go? To Sim Aloo and the Rancor Keeper? To Vader on SW, ESB, and ROTJ cards? Maybe every SW figure on ESB and ROTJ cards as well? To a Bespin Security Guard on a ROTJ card? (not even sure if there was one).

How do you feel about the current health of the line? Where should it go?