ESB Illistrated Cards

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/co...icle&sid=15502

The cards are released today, so in real-world time, that means in another two weeks.

Lemme guess: only at hobby stores? Guess it's online to search for a set. Again. I liked the look of these at C7, and I really liked the SW series of this.
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Guess it's online to search for a set. Again. I liked the look of these at C7, and I really liked the SW series of this.
    I found an amazing deal (under $4 for the basic 100-card set, plus postage that's MORE than that ), but have yet to read the cards. I may seek out a chase set.
    "I went to Star Wars Celebration VII in Anaheim, and I didn't get even a lousy t-shirt."

I've been reading them (up to Han in carbonite now), and compared to the ANH set, this one's artwork is MUCH better. The two artists alternate cards: one takes screen shots from the film and gives them an impressionistic look, while the other takes interesting angles and compositions.

Will there be radio versions of the prequels to make into card sets someday? Satellite radio versions (or Radio Disney? ) of the Disney-owned films, too?

Bought a set of the basic cards this weekend. Wasn't expecting to find them. And you're right, Bel-Cam the artwork is great. I've only read the back of a few cards, the ones before the movie starts, but I like what I've read.

Like you, I might have to track down a chase set. Would like to see what the year before cards look like.

Quote Originally Posted by OC47151 View Post
    Bought a set of the basic cards this weekend. Wasn't expecting to find them. And you're right, Bel-Cam the artwork is great. I've only read the back of a few cards, the ones before the movie starts, but I like what I've read.

Like you, I might have to track down a chase set. Would like to see what the year before cards look like.
    I got a Year Before for another great deal (under $3 plus shipping), and I realized I never got the entire ANH chase set of the same. This one was okay (some were almost the same text on the card backs, and interestingly some used EU names and scenarios... including the Marvel newspaper strip! ).

p.s. I shall eagerly await Tuesday!

I only have 4 of the ANH year before series, but they're interesting. Something else to work on completing.