Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Falling Skies Season 2

I was quite sure that the leaders and group in Charlotte were in league with the aliens somehow.

Is the Chancellor just some kind of egomaniac dictator? I was glad to see the General take action. But is he trustworthy?

I can't believe Season 2 is almost over! It looks like it's some great Skitter war next week. Won't want to miss that.

What the heck is falling from the skies in the preview?

I got harnessed at Comic Con, btw.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Great season.

As a student of history, Terry O'Quinn's character was trying to create a similar society to 1770s America, but it wasn't working.

Just as puzzled as you as to what's falling from the sky.

I wish the producers would give us the actual invasion episode.

Falling Skies Season 2

This Season is great. I am watching it daily at night online. Show is absolutely brilliant.
    [URL=http://the-boondocks.otavo.tv/]Download Boondocks Episodes Free[/URL] , [URL=http://torchwood.otavo.tv/]Download Torchwood Episodes Free[/URL]

First commericals that I've seen for season 3 says it's back June 9.

Ah, good.

I'm going to buy the first 2 seasons on DVD.

I really like this show. Special effects sucked the first year, but I don't think they invested a lot since they didn't know Falling Skies was going to be a hit like it has been.

I mean the mechs looked really fake in season 1.

But for me, what I care most about is the story. Next that it's well acted by a talented cast. And I like Noah Wiley and Blood Moongood. The captain is interesting since I think he's kind of an unusual casting choice. I guess that's why I am captivated by watching him.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Okay, I watched the last half of the season 2 marathon they ran on TNT the other day and I do like the show a lot. From what I've seen so far, this is the alien invasion story that I've always wanted to see.

My only gripe is that it seems the writers have little or no experience writing military dialog, because all the military characters do nothing but spout cliches left and right. Plus, I really, really, really hate it when they have "soldiers" wearing ponytails while in uniform. I understand it's wartime, but if that's the case, then why even bother wearing the uniform in the first place? Minor gripes that probably wouldn't even bother me at all if I hadn't spent over 10 years in the military; but since I did spend over a decade in the military, it's the visual equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

I agree with you.

I think "the military" in so much as the captain (who was revealed to also have been a construction contractor in his private life) are comprised of survivors who were Reserve National Guard.

So maybe being advanced in rank, but only serving "one weekend a month" prior to the invasion, they are as you see them?

I only recollect the captain wearing a ponytail and he's an unusual one. I started to like him because of that, whereas I felt the same way as you about his character before I spent 2 seasons with him.

I think many of the other people in their resistance units were drafted from amongst the survivors. Any with actual military training had once been discharged but they have the skills.

Just like you're a civilian now, Nate. If you wanted to have blue hair and multiple piercings, you could. Then the aliens invade and you're amongst the survivors that include some military personnel. You'd help them, no doubt. Maybe you needed clean clothes after the water was shut off? You got what they could issue.

You're there to help, so no one's going to tell you that you can't have nose and eyebrow rings with blue hair. You're helping (professionally too) right?

And you wouldn't lose your rank either? If you were discharged a SGT FC, than I doubt they'd promote an active duty private over you in any event, once you came back. So the private could be shaved down and in clean boots, but you keep the rank along with the ponytail, blue hair, whatever.

You're not in the United States military now. This is the remnant. You're fighting to re-establish the United States but it doesn't currently exist. It's "the Skitters' World" right now (although we found out the Skitters were slaves as well).

Can't wait for season 3 to start!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I agree with you.

I think "the military" in so much as the captain (who was revealed to also have been a construction contractor in his private life) are comprised of survivors who were Reserve National Guard.

So maybe being advanced in rank, but only serving "one weekend a month" prior to the invasion, they are as you see them?

I only recollect the captain wearing a ponytail and he's an unusual one. I started to like him because of that, whereas I felt the same way as you about his character before I spent 2 seasons with him.

I think many of the other people in their resistance units were drafted from amongst the survivors. Any with actual military training had once been discharged but they have the skills.

Just like you're a civilian now, Nate. If you wanted to have blue hair and multiple piercings, you could. Then the aliens invade and you're amongst the survivors that include some military personnel. You'd help them, no doubt. Maybe you needed clean clothes after the water was shut off? You got what they could issue.

You're there to help, so no one's going to tell you that you can't have nose and eyebrow rings with blue hair. You're helping (professionally too) right?

And you wouldn't lose your rank either? If you were discharged a SGT FC, than I doubt they'd promote an active duty private over you in any event, once you came back. So the private could be shaved down and in clean boots, but you keep the rank along with the ponytail, blue hair, whatever.

You're not in the United States military now. This is the remnant. You're fighting to re-establish the United States but it doesn't currently exist. It's "the Skitters' World" right now (although we found out the Skitters were slaves as well).

Can't wait for season 3 to start!
    I thought of that, but then if I was in that situation, then I wouldn't even bother to button up the uniform or wear the hat, because it just looks silly if your hair or facial hair is out of regulation. If I was going to take the time to wear the uniform properly, then I would be sure to cut my hair and shave as well.

What a lot of people don't realize is that the haircut and the shave are just as much a part of the uniform as the ACUs and the boots.

It might be making the statement that "I've got clean clothes and a gun and I've returned to the US military in order to fight for my freedom to have a ponytail, blue hair, etc. and not be exterminated by the aliens."

Plus I assume you might have to join up and fight before you had time to get a haircut (what if you're NOW a punk rock star and the aliens invaded while you were sleeping?). So then you fight. You run. You fight again.

Once you reach a place of sanctuary where you can set up a defense, what point is there to getting the haircut then?

I suppose in time you may wish to though. I guess the captain hasn't (for 2 seasons anyway).

But he wasn't active duty when he had to take up the gun. He just had already earned the rank when he was younger.

It makes for an interesting tangent, don't you agree?

We can see "space marines" in Aliens. In Independence Day, the active duty military was still strong and won the battle.

In Falling Skies, they lost a battle - and even before the fictional timeline of the show ever began.

I enjoyed the season 3 premiere a lot. It's funny because I discovered Falling Skies around the same time that I discovered Defiance and, even though I've seen almost every episode of Defiance and only a few episodes of Falling Skies, I never seem to have any trouble following the story in Skies. Defiance is just a total mess story-wise and I always feel like I'm missing some key information that would allow me to actually care about what I'm watching. Falling Skies is written in such a way that it's still easy to follow the story even if you've missed the entire first season and most of the second season.