Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Me, too. I actually thought there was something in the IV bag.

I wonder if that's why Anne took off with the baby. Did she know the identity of the mole?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    I wonder if that's why Anne took off with the baby. Did she know the identity of the mole?
    I was wondering if it were of a combination knowing something was up with you-know-who and job/family stress and post-partum depression that's led to Anne's behavior and disappearance.

I did a little research. Moon Goodblood gave birth to a daughter in mid-December, so that's partially to explain her absence this season.

Gonna go out on a limb and say this week's ep was the best of the season so far, maybe the entire series. Glad to see a little of the pre-invasion life, even though it was imaginary. And Tom's wife was a hotty.

That was an excellent episode! Both the past 2 weeks. I liked seeing the Mason Family in action versus the farmers, too. Their daughter was a hottie. I wonder if she'll be back for a love interest for one of the Mason boys? [Matt's too young]

Meanwhile, I did not see Lourdes coming. That was interesting. I think we can post the spoiler now. It's been almost 3 weeks.

And I too thought there was something in the IV bag. That was too creepy - that scene with the President. You knew something was wrong right then. They weren't too subtle about it with the Voll weapon though. Nice.

Pope and the Colonel have some strange inter-dependent chemistry. It's distressing because there's a lot of hinting of betrayal forthcoming - especially knowing Pope - but I like where that's been going.

Pope's still my favorite character - to watch by the way - I don't like him for what he stands for - or lacks standing up for. But that's why I like having his type on the show. Pope's a jerk but it makes the show real - the way he behaves.

So what has been alluded to? Did his gang all rape Maggie when they first survived? Hal already got infected by the aliens. Are we just waiting to learn if he caught Pope's STDs?

Maggie (the actress is wonderful - I'm talking about the character) has really irked me. Oh yeah - Hal's so innocent when he's possessed by aliens and she's constantly in denial and forsaking her duty to protect him. Really? He could have caused a lot of damage.

The N.U.S. President, the Colonel, Tom Mason - just a handful of people keep civilization from devolving into chaos - what Pope becoming a leader would represent in fact. Hal could have caused serious damage. But Maggie didn't think.

By the way: Cochise and the Voll? I don't trust them. Pope is right there. Cochise even said he was bred from a warrior species. To put this in Star Trek terms: that's like the Klingons take over earth and the Romulans arrive promising to help us defeat them. Yeah? At what price?

To put that in Star Wars terms: the battle droids occupy your planet. Then Palpatine said - we'll send ENOUGH Clone Troopers to get rid of them for you and stay on as "protection." And by the way: You're protected by THE EMPIRE now. Have a nice day.

The Voll? No. I don't think so. The Colonel was even saying he'd like this to be a HUMAN-RAN war to free their planet and naturally Pope would agree with him. I think we're at a part of the story where we're waiting for Tom Mason to just wake up.

Falling Skies is not going to end with the establishment of The Federation of Planets. Pope might be wrong about so many things, but he's right about this: any aliens are not to be trusted!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    By the way: Cochise and the Voll? I don't trust them. Pope is right there. Cochise even said he was bred from a warrior species. To put this in Star Trek terms: that's like the Klingons take over earth and the Romulans arrive promising to help us defeat them. Yeah? At what price?

To put that in Star Wars terms: the battle droids occupy your planet. Then Palpatine said - we'll send ENOUGH Clone Troopers to get rid of them for you and stay on as "protection." And by the way: You're protected by THE EMPIRE now. Have a nice day.

The Voll? No. I don't think so. The Colonel was even saying he'd like this to be a HUMAN-RAN war to free their planet and naturally Pope would agree with him. I think we're at a part of the story where we're waiting for Tom Mason to just wake up.

Falling Skies is not going to end with the establishment of The Federation of Planets. Pope might be wrong about so many things, but he's right about this: any aliens are not to be trusted!
    I hadn't given your theory on the Voll just thought until you put it in writing, Tycho. And I think you're right on target for next week's ep. The Voll have their own agenda, and need the humans at this point. I thought of the old phrase, keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

Call me a optimistic, but I'm holding out a little hope that Anne and Alexis are in carbon freeze and not dead. The writers are on the verge of turning Tom into Job. Not yet, but one or two crises away.

Now we have to wait until next summer. Overall, I thought it was a solid season and set up for some good storyline possibilities for next season. Looks like the fighters are going back to their roots. But we haven't seen the last of the two alien races by no means.