Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Uncle Owen (elder, ANH) might be obscure to kids growing up with the prequels.

He is not any more an "action figure" than would be Queen Jamilla. Owen might have had a few more lines.

Neither are "obscure" in my wants as a diorama builder (though I have and can hold with multiples I have of the 1998 Uncle Owen from the Cinema Scene - though I'm sure an improved, single-carded figure is on the minds of OT collectors).

But I think that:

1) I want characters like these badly to complete groups of characters from particular settings (Theed Throne Room in AOTC - we just got the VC Senator / Refugee Padme, Peasant Disguise Anakin, Naboo Guard, and R2D2 - so that leaves Jamilla and possibly an elder Sio Bibble who has a figure from TPM already, and is more obscure and particular than either Owen or Jamilla).

2) carded Jamilla or ANH Owen could linger like Yarna dal Gargon was supposed to have (but didn't in my area). But while Anakin and Obi-Wan are always on the pegs, I'm not sure how many times a week or month new cases of Anakin and Obi-Wan need to be refreshed. If the main characters are selling, there could be room for single figure slots like Owen or Jamilla - and more obscure ones like Elder Sio Bibble (AOTC or ROTS) and / or Nyrat Agira.

Seriously, I would make totally freshly tooled screen packs of never-before-offered characters without repeats / repacks and offer them at a higher price point - like say as a group from the Mos Eisley Cantina or Padme's funeral scene (the Naberries and elder Sio Bibble and Queen Appaliena).

Jocasta Nu costs a fortune for a 3 3/4" but it's not "un-doable" as I'm ordering 2 of her.

Owen and Queen Jamilla might sell that way, too.

Now I do want Nyrat Agira, but she won't sell as a $24 online store exclusive either.

You need a Club Outlander pack of figures - never offered (and not with Elan Sleezebaggano re-released, especially not with another Obi-Wan!)

Make a 5-pack and offer it for $75 or $15 per figure - or maybe more if really necessary for all new tooling of never-offered-figures.

But if someone's paying $75 or more, they don't want that to include a 5th of it being a $15+ Obi-Wan Kenobi they can get in the store any time they feel like it.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Let's see, action figures that are so obscure that they would likely never see the light of day outside of online exclusives?

Animated-style Ewok figures from the cartoon. They could do a few different multipacks:
    Multipack 1: Wicket, Kneesaa, Latara, Teebo, and King Gorneesh
    Multipack 2: Logray, Chief Chirpa, Paploo, Weechee, and a Dulok
    Multipack 3: Chukha-Trok, Kaink, Asha, Wiley, and Morag the Witch

Also, on the "When Hell Freezes Over" list would be animated-style figures from the Droids cartoon.
    1. Jann Tosh
    2. Kez Iban
    3. Uncle Gundy
    4. Thall Joben
    5. Jord Dusat
    6. Kea Moll
    7. Admiral Screed
    8. Kleb-Zellock
    9. Governor Koong
    10. Vlix

Heck, the Droids figures are just as unlikely even in a realistic style.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Most kids probably know how to operate a DVD player better than their parents. So it's not like kids today have no access to the OT. In fact, with DVDs, Blu-Rays, iPods, iPads, smartphones and YouTube, kids today have way more access to the original Star Wars films than most of us did growing up.

In short, I'm sure most kids who care about Star Wars know exactly who Uncle Owen is.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post

He is not any more an "action figure" than would be Queen Jamilla. Owen might have had a few more lines.
    This argument makes no sense, if they've seen ANH then they've seen Uncle Owen - he has the most lines in the first half hour of the film. And just because he's not an action character doesn't automatically make him obscure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    And just because he's not an action character doesn't automatically make him obscure.
    It's funny hearing you say this since I don't think you clamored for Captain Antilles or the Cantina Bartender, Tagge or Motti, etc. amongst other "non-main-cast-OT-characters" who were sort of plain humans.

Tarkin was also once labeled an "old man figure," so therefore I think ANH Owen qualifies.

Now I'm TOTALLY IN FAVOR of these figures being offered. General Dodonna, too. And how about Willard?

So I'm actually not trying to argue (but probably sounding like it).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I don't understand your point. Do you not know what the word "obscure" means? Captain Antilles is obscure, he has 1 line in his 1 scene, and his 1 line deals with nothing of importance; Owen has the most lines of just about anybody in the first act of Star Wars and sets up just about everything with the story's main character. Tarkin is the lead villain in his story, he's a little more important than the guy who mouths off at Vader once and gets choked. They are story-important even if they never shoot anybody or cut anybody down with a lightsaber, but the guy who mumbles 2 lines and then disappears into the background, he's still obscure.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think maybe "coolness" might be the antithesis of "obscure" here. Greedo is much cooler than Owen, even though he has just a few moments on screen. So who gets the action figure first? The green weird-talkin' dude with a gun.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Another possibility: Chukha-Trok. He's not in the Ewok TRU set, despite supposedly making it to the prototype stage.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I'd vote for Tzzvvzzt. He's definitely obscure. You only see him for a split second, although you see him for a bit longer in the deleted scenes. I think he's one of the cooler, unmade, cantina characters.