Article: Hasbro Panel and After-Panel Photos

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

OH DUDE! The last slide is a tease for the ESB Slave I ni '13, it looks like!!! AWESOME!

Why are they revisiting Obi-Wan's Ep 2 fighter with a new mold? The old mold was fine.

Well, now we know how they're going to get vehicles to a $20 pricepoint again like our SDCC Q&A said, they're not lowering prices on class 2 vehicles, they're putting more figures into class 1 vehicles. These already don't sell, so you're going to make them more expensive and hope that more packin figures are the answer? That's not the answer. That's not to say they don't have nifty sets here - the Yoda one based on Hasbro's original Ep 2 Jedi Starfighter with its fuselage panels blown off and the whole thing shrunk down to Yoda-size is cute, and the MTT Droid Fighter thing looks kinda nifty and seems to have some pretense of figure use (there's either a lift-up cockpit hatch or it's a control surface to make it a riding vehicle) - but I'm having a hard time seeing $20 in there.

Aw man, Clone Wars Rex has a new gatling gun, I've been waiting for them to do that, but I don't want yet another Rex!

It looks like the CW Battle Droid might have the rotation forearms, I sure hope so, but it's not clear. There's so little interesting in the CW line now - just "Clone, Clone, Jedi, Clone".

Ha, the Movie Heroes Sandtrooper has a vacuum cleaner that lights up at the end.

Legacy Collection 2 has a realistic Rex, but his head is fat and his neck stumpy, hopefully it's just the photography. The pic of Bespin Lunch Vader is too dark to make out clearly, if it uses the new ANH body as the template with a new torso then I'll be happy.

LC2 also has a "new" A-wing pilot which is to say not new at all except paint and the head, sorry, still inaccurate folks. Oh, and WRONG Mara Jade, they made so many promises that they'd get this right and then BLAM! Wrong wrong wrong. I was really hoping they would get this one right since they did a modern Mara Emperor's Hand in the Comic Packs not that long ago, yet here we are again and now no Jedi version, which means another 3 year wait or more for them to hopefully not drop the ball yet again. It's like they're torturing us through the power of hope.

LC2 gets a new Biggs and Luke Ceremony, tell us again how these aren't themed?

Yeah the CW Battle Droid looks to have the Firefighter Droid's arms.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    OH DUDE! The last slide is a tease for the ESB Slave I ni '13, it looks like!!! AWESOME!
    One can only hope....
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

That A-Wing Pilot is horrible. That was the only figure I was looking forward to in 2013, but they don't even bother to use the more accurate Mon Calamari body and instead churn out other inaccurate Tycho Celchu body. Instant pass and this is a pretty severe disappointment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh, and WRONG Mara Jade, they made so many promises that they'd get this right and then BLAM! Wrong wrong wrong. I was really hoping they would get this one right since they did a modern Mara Emperor's Hand in the Comic Packs not that long ago, yet here we are again and now no Jedi version....
    You are f***ing kidding me, right?

No, you're not.

DAMN IT!!!!

So many possible Mara looks, if they can't get the one people specifically asked for. And this is the third of this look. I've got two Maras, and each was good for the time; I'm not sure I can be enticed to buy her again for $10+ if there's no assurance we'll ever get a single other Mara outfit.

Three frickin' Maras. The previous ones should've been Emperor's Hand and Jedi Master, and the new one should be Arica Disguise.

This is as bad as slapping some random head on a generic pilot body and calling it "Corran Horn," despite the head not looking much like any existing image of Corran, and, oh yeah, people wanted the Jedi version.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    You are f***ing kidding me, right?

No, you're not.

DAMN IT!!!!

So many possible Mara looks, if they can't get the one people specifically asked for. And this is the third of this look. I've got two Maras, and each was good for the time; I'm not sure I can be enticed to buy her again for $10+ if there's no assurance we'll ever get a single other Mara outfit.

Three frickin' Maras. The previous ones should've been Emperor's Hand and Jedi Master, and the new one should be Arica Disguise.

This is as bad as slapping some random head on a generic pilot body and calling it "Corran Horn," despite the head not looking much like any existing image of Corran, and, oh yeah, people wanted the Jedi version.
    I would say it's even worse than Corran because MARA JADE JEDI IS A FANS CHOICE WINNER for corn's sake!!! Fans chose that specific character and look, the photo in the poll was right, and Hasbro missed it anyway. Corran Horn didn't win Fans Choice, Mara did, and now she loses. Hasbro displayed the wrong image at Toy Fair in 2011, that's 18 friggin' months ago, an entire development cycle, they were told several times afterwards about that mistake, and they STILL didn't correct it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.