Article: Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Exclusive Season 5 Republic Commando Action Scen

"SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

That felt an awful lot like a video game, but surprisingly NOT Republic Commando. I can't imagine a commando bothering to mark every droid he kills on his armor, they're disposable and stupid.

You would think that after so many years of warfare, they would introduce the terms "cover" and "concealment" into the Battle Droids' programming. I've always found it funny how everyone in this show just stands up directly in front of their targets, leaving themselves completely exposed to return fire.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    That felt an awful lot like a video game, but surprisingly NOT Republic Commando. I can't imagine a commando bothering to mark every droid he kills on his armor, they're disposable and stupid.
    Filoni says that the idea of the hash marks on the mask was inspired by his love of hockey. I believe it was the IGN article that said he was inspired by the Boston Bruins goalie. I'm pretty sure this isn't a reference to Tim Thomas (the current goalie) but to Gary Cheevers who played in Boston off and on from 1965-1980. In Cheevers' case, the "hash marks" on his mask were meant to indicate where he'd been hit in the face by pucks (they were supposed to look like stitched up cuts). Perhaps marks on the Commando's mask are likewise meant to reflect all the times he's been shot in the face? Cause, ya know, that armor can totally stop a blaster bolt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cheevers(2).jpg  
    Have: CW Yularen, CW Clone, everything from CW Slave I set except Slave I, TFU Shadow Stormtrooper x2, Evo Trooper, Saga AT-AT Driver, K-Mart Jodo Kast || Want: Vintage Fordo
    Thanks to TheDarthVader, Phantom-like Menace, TheRealDubya, Jediguy, Dark Marble, Umbra, Qui-Long Gone, CrunchyNug, GH_fan and jedikiss.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkJedi5 View Post
    Filoni says that the idea of the hash marks on the mask was inspired by his love of hockey. I believe it was the IGN article that said he was inspired by the Boston Bruins goalie. I'm pretty sure this isn't a reference to Tim Thomas (the current goalie) but to Gary Cheevers who played in Boston off and on from 1965-1980. In Cheevers' case, the "hash marks" on his mask were meant to indicate where he'd been hit in the face by pucks (they were supposed to look like stitched up cuts). Perhaps marks on the Commando's mask are likewise meant to reflect all the times he's been shot in the face? Cause, ya know, that armor can totally stop a blaster bolt.
    Both interesting and weird. Yeah, if this guy is getting shot in the face that much, he's dumber than a battle droid.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Maybe it's the number of times he's taken out bigger droids, or something? Based on the CVI panel, they're going to go into his backstory, but I don't think they'll explain the hash marks. He's in a four-episode arc where the Jedi Council sends a covert ops team of four astromech droids, a pit droid, and a tiny alien to infiltrate a Separatist base.