Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Will we finally get a gungan submarine now? what about the Gian landspeeder? the jedi airspeeder?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Anybody seen the comparison from the previous Republic Tank to the new one in this unboxing gallery? http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatc...023/index.html
    I am OUT, to hell with this line Hasbro, that's tiny garbage. That's a mini-maxi-rig, only with even less fun.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I'm thinking my Gungan Sub I want will not work in this line.

I'm not buying anything I saw pictured there.

The airspeeders that Obi-Wan and Anakin use in ROTS could work at this size and "fun level."

A Utopau fighter might as well.

No -for this size - for Dooku's solar sailor.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

A Gungan Sub at this tiny scale would basically be a 1-man cockpit and some snap-on fins.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    A Gungan Sub at this tiny scale would basically be a 1-man cockpit and some snap-on fins.
    They would never do something so wacky -

Oh, wait. Never mind.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Anybody seen the comparison from the previous Republic Tank to the new one in this unboxing gallery? http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatc...023/index.html
    I am OUT, to hell with this line Hasbro, that's tiny garbage. That's a mini-maxi-rig, only with even less fun.
    Good Lord, do these come with a 4-piece Chicken Nuggets and Fries?
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Yeah, I was saying I did not want one made in that scale. It must fit Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and that other guy with the big ears and long tongue. - hopefully in the same cockpit, but if they fit them in each "bubble" (the other two on the actual bongo were used for cargo) I could live with it, since it's not likely a high demand vehicle.

TPM's 20th anniversary is in 2019. If Hasbro has renewed the license (it expires in 2018), then maybe they could go back to TPM then. That's SIX (6) years from now and the current TPM glut. Episode One has proven itself to be the worst sales generator amongst the 6 films.

Also, Episodes 7 and 8 will have been out with toy lines of their own by then, I'm sure...

Anyway, for the 20th (or the 25th anniversary for TPM in 2024), we could look for -

-a full-size Gungan Sub (they did the MTT this time)
    -the Republic cruiser Radiant IV (with removeable CW armaments for kids to play with)
    -some way of doing the Trade Federation (cargo) Battleship
    -the Gian Landspeeder (armored, covered, more weapons than the Flash Speeder)
    -one or two different aliens' podracers with action features, timed for issue with the re-release of Anakin's and Sebulba's again **

** this is 6 to 11 years from now. New fans will not have had the chance to get these save for eBay.^^

^^I think the second-hand trading of these vehicles on eBay diminishes the market for this stuff in the stores. And I just checked: You can get Sebulba's podracer for the 3 3/4" figures for right around $20. With the shipping, it comes out at about where the store prices are at for these things right now. But you can get the original Episode One packaging. (some idiot thinks they're going to sell it for $56!)

Meanwhile, they can re-release the usual TPM stuff like N1s, the Royal Starship, the Vulture Droid Fighters, etc. - maybe the Sith Infiltrator if they don't upgrade it.

Anyway, we have a ton of threads about our dream vehicles (most not forgetting the Sailbarge) but I just thought I'd focus on the least desired movie toy line: Episode One.

I just do not like it when they spend more money on retooling or completely remaking ships I already own.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    TPM's 20th anniversary is in 2019. If Hasbro has renewed the license (it expires in 2018), then maybe they could go back to TPM then. That's SIX (6) years from now and the current TPM glut. Episode One has proven itself to be the worst sales generator amongst the 6 films.
    According to Derryl, their contract currently goes through 2020. I'm assuming (or at least hoping) they'll extend it at least through the release of Episode IX, which could be anywhere from 2019 to 2021.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I like Daryl a lot.

The man takes the time to talk to all the fans and the websites and HE IS A FAN.

He knows everyone that comes up to him will say "Sailbarge!" and that the very same day we finally get it, we'll be saying "Blockade Runner" or "Star Destroyer!" - and then I'll come up with a fan petition for a Nyrat Agira action figure signed by all the people inelligible to vote in Chicago - probably because they're already dead or something.

And Darryl will probably give a politically correct answer, but with his fandom on his own shoulder, go back to the SW Team at Hasbro and say, "Know what? I was thinking about including a Nyrat Agira figure with a 10 foot long Star Destroyer for next year. What do you guys think we could produce that for?"

And it doesn't really get put on a "Never-in-a-Million-Years-Because-We-Don't-Care-List" but instead, at least gets on the backpage of product ideas for a company that really interacts with and cares about what its customers want.

That's cool!

From the time we got the Cantina Bartender on, I haven't doubted that the company handling our hobby is really special.

I don't want to see it go to Disney Toys or anything like that.

I'm not sure who made the Starspeeder 2000 (JediTricks?) but it is an excellent product nevertheless. However, it was made to interact with Hasbro's figures and you have to love the respect paid to what we already have in our collection. A collection that now includes Ephant Mon and Herme Odle amongst other figures we might have thought would never get done!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    They would never do something so wacky -

Oh, wait. Never mind.
    Heh heh, that at least came with a new figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    Good Lord, do these come with a 4-piece Chicken Nuggets and Fries?
    Ha! You got a genuine out loud laugh from me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Yeah, I was saying I did not want one made in that scale. It must fit Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and that other guy with the big ears and long tongue. - hopefully in the same cockpit, but if they fit them in each "bubble" (the other two on the actual bongo were used for cargo) I could live with it, since it's not likely a high demand vehicle.

Also, Episodes 7 and 8 will have been out with toy lines of their own by then, I'm sure...

Anyway, for the 20th (or the 25th anniversary for TPM in 2024), we could look for -

-a full-size Gungan Sub (they did the MTT this time)
    -the Republic cruiser Radiant IV (with removeable CW armaments for kids to play with)
    -some way of doing the Trade Federation (cargo) Battleship
    -the Gian Landspeeder (armored, covered, more weapons than the Flash Speeder)
    -one or two different aliens' podracers with action features, timed for issue with the re-release of Anakin's and Sebulba's again **
    TPM is not well-thought of, and the Gungan Sub interacts with nothing but people and fish, and it's in no way aggressive, so I can't see them putting a lot of resources into it, it's not going to be a big $70 ship the way the Y-wing Bomber was.

^^I think the second-hand trading of these vehicles on eBay diminishes the market for this stuff in the stores. And I just checked: You can get Sebulba's podracer for the 3 3/4" figures for right around $20. With the shipping, it comes out at about where the store prices are at for these things right now. But you can get the original Episode One packaging. (some idiot thinks they're going to sell it for $56!)
    As long as Hasbro offers an upgrade to the product and makes it available in stores, they'll thwart ebayers undermining that business. It's only when Hasbro offers the same or lesser product, or offers it for an unsustainable price, that the aftermarket values take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    I like Daryl a lot.
    Then consider spelling his name right, it's "Derryl".

I don't want to see it go to Disney Toys or anything like that.

I'm not sure who made the Starspeeder 2000 (JediTricks?) but it is an excellent product nevertheless. However, it was made to interact with Hasbro's figures and you have to love the respect paid to what we already have in our collection. A collection that now includes Ephant Mon and Herme Odle amongst other figures we might have thought would never get done!
    No, I didn't make the Starspeeder 1000.

Anyway, Disney doesn't have their own toy manufacturing, they use outside designers and vendors, and they don't use the same factory vendor every time. That's part of what separates the way Disney makes their theme park toys from how Hasbro makes their mainline stuff, Hasbro uses their own designers and stable of designers, and their existing stable of contracted factory vendors.