Hybrid View

Young Jedi Knights

At CVI, there was a special screening for families that had at least one child age 12 or younger. From what I've read, it was four episodes titled "Young Jedi Knights," done in the same style as The Clone Wars and even including characters like Ahsoka, Grievous, and Hondo Ohnaka, but focusing on a group of younglings training to become Padawans. Evidently Lucas wanted to see how kids and families reacted to it, and Dave Filoni introduced it. I didn't see it, but I believe that nohagent did - feel free to add anything.

Anyway, since it was done in the TCW style, had TCW characters, and Filoni was there, it seems like most people assumed it was going to be an arc of The Clone Wars. However, the CVI survey (just released yesterday) mentioned Young Jedi Knights as its own thing, asking for opinions on that (and on Detours). At The Clone Wars panel where Lucas appeared, he also mentioned a third animated show aside from TCW and Detours, one aimed at kids - so it's looking like YJK might just be that show.

So I wonder if these episodes will be part of TCW proper and then get spun off into a new younger-skewing series as TCW gets ever more intense? I wonder if the screening was to gauge interest before starting the series proper? This could be a way to keep Filoni and crew after TCW is done, ans to use the many existing assets, though going back in time might get confusing for kids. Maybe it will run alongside TCW. I really don't know, but I find it very interesting.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Please tell me that Tenel Ka will be in it prior to losing her arm.

Oh, wait, damn, they're just re-using that title.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Jacen as a joker, instead of a Sith Lord? Sad that that's the best characterization of him.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega