Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Sideshow 12-inch Tusken Raider SE Shipping Notices Hitting

Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I must admit, I am conflicted, the Tusken Raider is an iconic character from SW and they seem to have done a pretty good job capturing it, but I'm sooooo broke coming up. I knew preordering it there was a chance I wouldn't keep it, but now that it's nearly here I'm just not sure what to do. Just the other day I was looking at the page to see if it'd hit into my next pay period so I could keep it, but it's going to fall at least a week short of that and I am looking at heavy expenses right now. And in a few months it's the Snowtrooper, which is going to hurt quite a bit.

I've decided to pick this order up for sure, I just moved my money around to ensure it will get to me in a timely fashion. I really hope it's excellent, the prototype looked great.

So, is nobody else getting this piece? Nobody else excited? To me, the reason I pulled the trigger is because the Tuskens are the first real alien life we meet in Star Wars (ok, after the Jawas, but they're "cute" aliens so somehow it loses impact, also the only features they have are that they're short and have robes) and they're not exactly villainous but they're definitely hostile.

I'm very excited about this one, and yes, I'm keeping this order.
    Was it the prototype that you saw at SDCC? The pics from that did look great and I'm hopeful the production piece will deliver.
    To paraphrase what you mentioned, the Tuskens are a truly iconic part of "classic Star Wars". Their first appearance is exciting, and they really gave off an intriguing vibe, making one wonder "what are they?" Some "native" species? Primitive beings, tribal warriors, aggressive nomads...it all fit the bill...add to that their distinctive howl and you've got one of the most memorable creations in the saga.

The figure looks terrific...one main aspect that is exciting to me is the versatility there will be in displayed and photographing it. The many layers of the outfit will lend themselves well to creating multiple warriors with just one figure, depending on how the robes are worn, shaped, draped or maybe even some layers removed for effect. It's the first figure we've seen in a long time that will lend itself to so many different looks. Some of that was apparent in that fine display Sideshow had at SDCC this year...very cool!

Sideshow has had great success with the alien species of SW...and they have also hit the bulls-eye with textiles and outfits/gear as well. Here's hoping this Raider ends up among their best efforts...can't wait!

I don't know if it was a proto or a production piece at Comic-Con. I'm guessing proto or hand-painted test-shot only because they had several there and they were still months away from production at the time, but they are odd about such things - they didn't mention it in the panel.

The layers of the outfit also allow you to display it as the Ep 1 or Ep 2 Tusken, I believe. I ain't buying 2 though.

I dunno if you read my article post about this, but the exclusive accessory that you and I are getting isn't actually a gun stock, it's a second kind of totokia war club. I think that's pretty interesting, moreso than the way they propose it. They did the same thing with SE Vader actually in misidentifying the exclusive accessory, he was listed as having a Force-choke exclusive hand and it was actually the "you are part of the Rebel alliance and a traitor and a very naughty young lady, now take her to her room!" posed hand.

Holy crap, your comment just made me realize that this will be MY FIRST ALIEN IN THE LINE!!! I'm not counting Maul or Ventress obviously. Is that right? I think that's right, that's kind of exciting.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Also sorry for your loss, JT. Expecting both Tusken & Neyo now on Wed.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Just updated this article after an email I got from Sideshow saying cards were going to start charging tomorrow. I'm eager to get my figure, I've gotten all my ducks in a row on this order so it'll be on my doorstep no matter what.

Sounds great! I can look forward to (hopefully) seeing this one hit my door next week!
    Really looking forward to this one....let us know what you think when you get it, JT!

No shipping notice today, but they did bill so hopefully early next week it'll arrive. And you KNOW I won't hold back on my opinions.

My account was charged on 10/11...still no Tusken in the mail. SSC cust. service rep told me they were having "issues with customs"...just an F.Y.I.
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."